Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bersh
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw
Originally Posted by muffinman
Pass the

Orville Redenbacher’s Popcorn

this thread will be good for 100s more post with -------- no rifle purchased !

It is a good thing that Mr. Bersh has not bought a 6.5CM, because one day your are just going to put a new barrel on it and make it into a caliber that is useful . If these CM are so popular why can't you not get a 6.5CM in a pump or lever action?

I'll take a stab at that, because the 6.5 is about long-range accuracy, and pumps and levers are not long range accurate?

So is this the guy everyone calls Larry Root?

muffinman = Larry Root
Bob_Loblaw = Bob_Loblaw

Though the 6.5CM started life as an accurate long range round, over the years folks have figured out it works pretty damned well at other things as well. I have a feeling that the lack of love of the 6.5CM in lever and pumps is due to the general lack of love for levers and pumps in non-traditional lever/pump rounds. I imagine it's pretty spendy to ramp up production of a new round, and the bean counters probably tell them the ROI isn't there. Time will tell.

i've always thought of levers and pumps as brush guns. Not something I'd use a creedmoor for. I love the 6.5 creedmoor. I still use a encore 35 wheeler in the woods. Short and easy to handle

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

GB1

bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by muffinman
Pass the

Orville Redenbacher’s Popcorn

this thread will be good for 100s more post with -------- no rifle purchased !

It is a good thing that Mr. Bersh has not bought a 6.5CM, because one day your are just going to put a new barrel on it and make it into a caliber that is useful . If these CM are so popular why can't you not get a 6.5CM in a pump or lever action?

I'll take a stab at that, because the 6.5 is about long-range accuracy, and pumps and levers are not long range accurate?

So is this the guy everyone calls Larry Root?

muffinman = Larry Root
Bob_Loblaw = Bob_Loblaw

Though the 6.5CM started life as an accurate long range round, over the years folks have figured out it works pretty damned well at other things as well. I have a feeling that the lack of love of the 6.5CM in lever and pumps is due to the general lack of love for levers and pumps in non-traditional lever/pump rounds. I imagine it's pretty spendy to ramp up production of a new round, and the bean counters probably tell them the ROI isn't there. Time will tell.

i've always thought of levers and pumps as brush guns. Not something I'd use a creedmoor for. I love the 6.5 creedmoor. I still use a encore 35 wheeler in the woods. Short and easy to handle

I'd like to see a BLR in 338 Federal, but that is a different discussion.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Good thinkin. You wouldn't want to sidetrack THIS thread.

bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Good thinkin. You wouldn't want to sidetrack THIS thread.

Yeah, I'd hate for that to happen.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You could move to Kalifornia and stay stoned as MJ is legal now. You'll forget all about the 6.5CM

I've been so overwhelmed with fake news that I'm now nuts. Let's go Brandon
IC B2

bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rusky
You could move to Kalifornia and stay stoned as MJ is legal now. You'll forget all about the 6.5CM

File this comment under the WTF category.

Besides, haven't touched the stuff in 25 years and the only way I'd move to Kalifornia is in an urn.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I wonder if a Tuna Pie would taste good if I was high?

bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Joel6180
I wonder if a Tuna Pie would taste good if I was high?

Dude - check this out
Fast Food Items for Stoners

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Looks like someone barfed in a "hot pocket" shell. Yum Yum

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hot pockets?

Alls I know about them is ,if you try to bite into one right out the microwave, the cheese WILL stick to your lip.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Hot pockets?

Alls I know about them is ,if you try to bite into one right out the microwave, the cheese WILL stick to your lip.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I was under the impression that Jollibee Tuna Pies would be an example that everyone on the 'Fire could relate to. Boy was I wrong. They are NOTHING like Hot Pockets. I do not want to offend anybody, but any comparison to Hot Pockets is utterly ridiculous. Couple that with the fact I can't stand to eat Hot Pockets and you'll get the picture. I think if people who made these comments would just go out and buy a box of Jollibee Tuna Pies you'd better understand what I am talking about. Recently, I talked with the manager at Albertsons and she was not sure when they will start to stock Jollibee Tuna Pies again but she said it should be pretty soon because it's that time of the year, and it is not because we smoke marijuana.

So everyone do yourself a favor and try a box. They are just not for Stoners.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Most of you guys need to pull the fish hooks out of your cheeks. Say the name "Bob_Loblaw" out loud. Now, say it three times in a row, out loud, with no pauses.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Too busy eating tuna pie.

bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Too busy eating tuna pie.

I was too busy completing my order with Haus of Arms for the barrel. They're supposed to get them in next week so I should have it before the end of the month. Hurry up and wait other than putting a few down the tube in my back yard to break it in I really won't be able to shoot it for a while.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was under the impression that Jollibee Tuna Pies would be an example that everyone on the 'Fire could relate to. Boy was I wrong. They are NOTHING like Hot Pockets. I do not want to offend anybody, but any comparison to Hot Pockets is utterly ridiculous. Couple that with the fact I can't stand to eat Hot Pockets and you'll get the picture. I think if people who made these comments would just go out and buy a box of Jollibee Tuna Pies you'd better understand what I am talking about. Recently, I talked with the manager at Albertsons and she was not sure when they will start to stock Jollibee Tuna Pies again but she said it should be pretty soon because it's that time of the year, and it is not because we smoke marijuana.

So everyone do yourself a favor and try a box. They are just not for Stoners.

Are you a Jollibee Tuna Pie Sales Rep?

Arcus Venator
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Is Deflavor still MIA?........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

I was too busy completing my order with Haus of Arms for the barrel. They're supposed to get them in next week so I should have it before the end of the month. Hurry up and wait other than putting a few down the tube in my back yard to break it in I really won't be able to shoot it for a while.

Which barrel did you end up ordering 35W or 6.5CM?

I'm worried that it is the CM. I think the drum beat of Internet voices has distorted reality and created more drama than is necessary. For Instance the Jollibee Tuna Pie example was turned into a mockery and sidetracked my whole point. Since you have not received the barrel yet, I assume you can still cancel/change your order. If you go back and read the post again, only substitute the phrase "fidget spinner" in place of "Jollibee Tuna Pie" I think my point of the 6.5CM of being a fad will be better appreciated (a fidget spinner is a 3 sided handheld device with a bearing that cures ADHD, but never caught on because it really never grabbed peoples attention).

I really hope re reading of the thread with the phrase substitution clears things up for everyone.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Seriously, has anybody seen Deflavor..........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have, I think I was stoned.

I've been so overwhelmed with fake news that I'm now nuts. Let's go Brandon
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,475
Posts18,489,932
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.