Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by battue
You really should get rid of it now. Unless you are hoping to find some ammunition came along with it. wink

Ain't gonna happen till it stops working and this scope is one that is holding up. Aint never lost zero yet. So I geuss one could say I have a tiny bit of fanboy for leupold still.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Dump them all, move on. Keeping something you hate makes for bad vibes. I don't buy Ford's for much the same reason as you don't have faith in Leupold's. It makes about as much sense.

laissez les bons temps rouler
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Ahhhhhhh ya....... new leupold scopes are da issue , ya need to go back and read some of my post from the entire forums threads man. I don't have alot of bad things to say about older leupold scopes other than chasing zero to get em in that sweet spot.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've got a newer Leupold VX-2 on a relatively light Remington 700 in 338 Win. Mag. Did quite a bit of testing of handloads last year before hunting season, and the scope held up just fine. Adjustments work as they should, and it holds zero just fine. But after all the Leupold bashing, which I only see on this forum, I'm beginning to wonder how long it will last.

I'll be doing a lot more shooting with it here in the near future. I'll see if I can break it. I've also got a couple VX-1's and a VX-3 on other rifles. From what I read here, I should probably sell all of them and get another brand? Hard to believe, since I've been using Leupold scopes for 25 years and never had an issue. I do have a Burris Fullfield 3-9x40, maybe I ought to use that on the 338 instead of the Leupold?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Make couple of voodoo dolls in the shape of scopes , get a gold paint pen and put a letter L on em. Make a small Spanish like Jesus shrine for em . They should hold up. 😃😃😃😃 They either work or they dont . That's the bottom line.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I don't have a problem with the new Leupold hunting scopes. I don't have any need for their high end tactical offerings and have never used them. So I don't go there.

But in your case, on just about every Leopold thread you jumped in with the same old [bleep] and humor. It got old for those of us who find them more than adequate.

Sorry forgot. Best,

Leupold fan(boy)

Last edited by battue; 01/04/18.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I bought a vx3i 3.5-10x 40 baseline model no cds option hunting scope for a mod70ot6 . Others have had the same or similar scopes with same issues. Not just me, but ya I am on a crusade.... Don't let what I post get ta ya and like I said it is an inanimate object don't take it like im talking about a relative for gawds sake.
And I don't mean that sarcastically.

Best,
Ex fulltime leupold fan (boy)
😃😃😃

Last edited by renegade50; 01/04/18.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
And for the record there are more shooters gun owners who are happy with Leupold than are not. Think about that for a second.

Fixed. Most shooters are not real big on Leup scopes...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Ok, I can see where you are coming from. "Shooters" to you has the same meaning as serious competitive shotgun "Shooters" have with me. I acknowledge the difference. But, now I'll add another fix. More hunters....Most of which take their game inside 300 and in most cases less. They are not LR shooters, just everyday hunters and they have little problem getting it done with Leupold and these threads seem to have more than a few thinking they can't.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by renegade50
I bought a vx3i 3.5-10x 40 baseline model no cds option hunting scope for a mod70ot6 . Others have had the same or similar scopes with same issues. Not just me, but ya I am on a crusade.... Don't let what I post get ta ya and like I said it is an inanimate object don't take it like im talking about a relative for gawds sake.
And I don't mean that sarcastically.

Best,
Ex fulltime leupold fan (boy)
😃😃😃

Wave the flag if it makes you feel good. But all don't agree with you, nor will they willingly follow and some will even call BS.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Ok, I can see where you are coming from. "Shooters" to you has the same meaning as serious competitive shotgun "Shooters" have with me. I acknowledge the difference. But, now I'll add another fix. More hunters....Most of which take their game inside 300 and in most cases less. They are not LR shooters, just everyday hunters and they have little problem getting it done with Leupold.

You're not wrong there. Even the hunters that have mysterious rifle problems don't often realize that they actually have a scope problem. So even if they're happy with a bum scope, they're still happy.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Here ya go .... just ta let everyone see that I have one leupold scope that works.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/12407343/buck

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Sometimes it's the scope, sometimes the rifle, sometimes the mounts and sometimes the person pulling the trigger. However, in these threads it is always Leupold. We have both seen enough people at the range that you could give them your scope of choice and let them mount it, or do the same with a Leupold. In most cases the scope will not be the determining factor of them being successful.

If I have to shoot LR against you right now, I personally am not up to the game. No matter what scope I use, and you could lower yourself and shoot a Leupold and still win. Threads like this have Mr Average thinking he needs something better. A point on which I obviously disagree.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Ok, I can see where you are coming from. "Shooters" to you has the same meaning as serious competitive shotgun "Shooters" have with me. I acknowledge the difference. But, now I'll add another fix. More hunters....Most of which take their game inside 300 and in most cases less. They are not LR shooters, just everyday hunters and they have little problem getting it done with Leupold.

You're not wrong there. Even the hunters that have mysterious rifle problems don't often realize that they actually have a scope problem. So even if they're happy with a bum scope, they're still happy.

That’s true too but when Joe $hit the Ragman, who couldn’t hit his butt with either hand, reads on the “innanet” how bad Leupold scopes are he has an automatic excuse about why his groups are so big. 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Battue - I don't know whether you have comprehension problems or whether I don't write clearly enough. My specific complaint about Leupold scopes relates to the fact the ones I owned wouldn't give the corrections I dialed into them without multiple attempts. Net result was firing a lot more ammo than should have been necessary to achieve change. I stated clearly that once the P.O.I. had been found the scopes were excellent at holding the settings.

Around 25 or so years ago I decided the Leupolds weren't working to my satisfaction so I started using other makes which satisfied my demands. So, with the price Leupold was/is asking for their products, I decided they weren't what I wanted to buy. Sounds simple to me. You are happy with Leupolds so we balance each other out on our purchasing power.

Jim

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Jim,

In this case I don't have a comprehension problem. Leopold's of today, not 25 years ago, are the issue at hand. You said you have not bought a Leupold in 25 years, don't have any in your safe and have not used any of recent issue. Now where does that leave you in discussing the merits of Leupold today?

I haven't had any recent issues in getting a newer Leupold on target, coming close enough in it's corrective capabilities, or holding zero that it is an issue for me.

FWIW: Some have been sold and replaced with these. One time perhaps 20 some year ago, a Dot fell off of a crosshair right after my Cousin shot a Deer at around 150. That has been the extent of my problems with Leupold. But then again, I'm not LR certified. Although I have shot them at 220 dialed with a 6x36, 335 with a dot resting on the spine, 200 something with a 6x42 and 358 dialed with a 6x42. I'm much better than average, but not real good and Leupold has served me better than real good over the long haul.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I figured out many years ago that the product didn't work to my satisfaction so I put my money where my mouth was and took it elsewhere. Tell me, for how many years should a person spend money on something in the hopes the company has finally got it right? If you are right and the current product works the way it always should have, for how many years has this been the case? I bet they didn't magically start working right just after I bought another manufacturers product 20+ years ago.

According to your line of thinking all those owners who complain about the Sako rifles not ejecting properly should continue to buy them in the hope that eventually they will get one that ejects to their satisfaction. To me that is perverted logic.

Enough said. We'll let it rest at that.

Jim

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That would be wise, because you are still going in circles.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Sometimes it's the scope, sometimes the rifle, sometimes the mounts and sometimes the person pulling the trigger. However, in these threads it is always Leupold. We have both seen enough people at the range that you could give them your scope of choice and let them mount it, or do the same with a Leupold. In most cases the scope will not be the determining factor of them being successful.

If I have to shoot LR against you right now, I personally am not up to the game. No matter what scope I use, and you could lower yourself and shoot a Leupold and still win. Threads like this have Mr Average thinking he needs something better. A point on which I obviously disagree.

We pretty much agree here. Joe Average does fine killing a deer and shooting a box of ammo every year with a Tasco Pronghorn, so a Leup is tall cotton for him. But if he wants to hedge his bets and put his mind at ease, a scope that is meant to take the abuse of Hell and keep on working, while not a “need”, certainly isn’t a mistake.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

That’s true too but when Joe $hit the Ragman, who couldn’t hit his butt with either hand, reads on the “innanet” how bad Leupold scopes are he has an automatic excuse about why his groups are so big. 😊

A spare SS 10x can quickly confirm or quash that excuse wink

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (160user, 257wthbylover, 219DW, 270cowboy, 22250rem, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 1,772 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,133
Posts18,523,175
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.