Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by 16bore
79 posts and she's done....

You must be a California f-tard, because some of the s h i t you post is down right retard.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You had me at 79....so long bitch.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by MCMXI
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Oh boy, dipped stocks, fancy metal finishes, and muzzle brakes!

Those changes may appeal to the fashion conscious "hunters" who feel the need to wear hundreds of dollars worth of matching cool guy camouflage, and want their rifle to match so they get more likes from their Instagram followers. Such changes will not fix the Ruger American-esqe look and feel of the rifle (aka cheap), and I doubt those changes will help the price. But hey, if the Kuiu clad, motivational quote sharing, flat-brim cap wearing dude-bros are buying the rifles, then whatever works.

Whether you like camo dipped stocks or not doesn't change the fact that this is a "for profit" industry. It's the fiscal responsibility of sales managers and product managers to increase the company's revenue both for the owners of the company and for the sake of the employees of the company. Kimber employs 600 or so American workers and helps numerous US based vendors to employ hundreds if not thousands more. 2017 was a tough year in the firearms industry and I don't know where you and others on this forum stand, but I like jobs staying in this country and am pleased if a US company increases revenue without causing consumers to suffer. If dipped Hunter stocks and Kimpro painted barreled actions lead to increased sales and improved job security for Kimber employees then it's a good thing regardless of whether I like Krptek, Realtree or Open Country patterns.

As for your comments about camo wearing hunters, if someone wants to support Under Armour, Sitka, First Lite, Kuiu or whomever, all US based companies, then so be it. Those companies do a tremendous amount for hunters and conservation but if you want to wear a 50 year old wool shirt and pants that you got for $10 from a thrift store and feel superior in your choice then go for it.

Ha!

Apparently pointing out that the new Hunters are sold with a bunch of useless fluff somehow got associated with being a hit on American companies made products. Far from the truth, as I quite like Kimbers. I’d rather see the money spent on useless fluff (such as coating a stainless barreled action) go to something more useful - like a stock redesign (or even a simple metal trigger guard), or giving that money back to the consumer in the form of reduced prices to make the Hunter more in line with the price of its competition.

Originally Posted by MCMXI
What does a "half moa load" mean in this context?

This is often a contentious issue but for me it means a load that under ideal conditions and from a cold/clean bore will put 5 shots into .5 moa or better at 100 yards 50% of the time using a front rest and rear bag. That same load under those same condittions will put 5 shots into 1 moa or better 100% of the time. The assumption being that the load would shoot sub .5 moa 100% of the time if the human error factor could be removed e.g. test barrel, universal receiver and test tunnel.

You just defined a 1 MOA rifle.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
You just defined a 1 MOA rifle.

Or could it be that I described a 1 moa shooter with a 1/2 moa rifle/load.

Offering FFL 07 & SOT services in NW Montana
[email protected]
Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by 16bore
You had me at 79....so long bitch.
Hopefully you and your boyfriend stay in California where you belong. You queers have ruined this once great country...

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
What? I can't read your post. It's too "grainy"...

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by jackmountain
What? I can't read your post. It's too "grainy"...

Wipe 16bore's j i z z out from your eyes, apparently he is just as bad a shot with his pants down...

Last edited by qwk; 01/05/18.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Post another WTB ad for another gun that you don't really want to buy and waste everybody's time.
Brag about $650 Montana's then post a link to a $1200 Adirondack to "back up" your bullshit.
Dumbfuck liars like you do more damage to this country than the queers.

S
S
This thread is a giggle. Bunch of boys arguing about the merits of different rifles anyone of which will kill any big game in the common 300 yard and under envelope.

Unless you are a true walking hunter who travels 20 miles a day, 8 ounces in a rifle means nothing. Most of us do nothing like that or have horses/atvs to get us close to the kill.

Amazing how our fathers and grandfathers lugged around those M 70s, 03/Mauser sporters, 99s, Winchester levers etc that weighed far more, wearing heavy wool clothes, big leather boots, toting real food and metal canteens managed to ever kill any big game at all !

Buy a Compass in 300 WinMag, put a $600-1000 scope on it, shoot Barnes VOR-TX ammo in it and, if you can shoot, you'll bring home the bacon, just like dad with his 721 300 H&H wearing a 6X Zeiss and shooting Peters Inner-Belted 180 gr SPs did.

Last edited by sevenbyseven; 01/05/18.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You tell 'em sevenbyseven Larry Root!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I said 79, not 69.

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Post another WTB ad for another gun that you don't really want to buy and waste everybody's time.
Brag about $650 Montana's then post a link to a $1200 Adirondack to "back up" your bullshit.
Dumbfuck liars like you do more damage to this country than the queers.

This post is a classic example of your liberal stupidity. The Adirondack was $1100, which by the way was a steal. Care to find me one for that price in any caliber but 300 blk?

Why lie about the price, and then say liars like me ruin this country???? How f u c k I n g stupid can you be?

Would you pay new gun price for a beat up gun???

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
BTW, It took me a while to find that $650 listing I was talking about, but here it is. Just cause you and the fore mentioned crooks lie and cheat, doesn't mean that everybody does....

http://www.armslist.com/posts/6787073/vancouver-washington-rifles-for-sale--kimber-84m-montana-308

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
At least they’re not arguing about coffee.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
How do you know gansettsx gun was beat up? I thought it was too "grainy" to see? Same as the GunBroker gun. "Too grainy to see".
And you said Montana's come up for $650 all the time, but now it "took you awhile to find THE ad"

How about doing something useful with your time like posting naked pics of your mom?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
And posting scam ads off the most notorious scam site doesn't count you dumbfuck.

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
How do you know gansettsx gun was beat up? I thought it was too "grainy" to see? Same as the GunBroker gun. "Too grainy to see".
And you said Montana's come up for $650 all the time, but now it "took you awhile to find THE ad"

How about doing something useful with your time like posting naked pics of your mom?

Probably because he said it had hunting damage. He conveniently didn't include a pic of it, grainy or not. When I asked he said it was no longer for sale. If that's not a red flag, I don't know what is. Like I said he copied and pasted what suited him best. You fell for it hook line and sinker.

If he didn't have his name/business name/phone number plastered all over the email, I would have posted it long ago. Even though he is shady, I'm not going to jeopardize his livelihood.

You really need to read what I write, because you just can't keep from making s h I t up. Where did I write that Montana's come up for sale all the time at $650? Nowhere...

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
And posting scam ads off the most notorious scam site doesn't count you dumbfuck.

If you paid any attention(which you don't) he mentions cash buyer with transfer fee.

How in the f u c k is he going to scam you with a legal transfer at a gunshop????

Think first before you post.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by qwk
Originally Posted by Gansettx
Sorry guys to bog down this thread with this banter but being called shady is unacceptable...

quack :

Your WTB thread:
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12501594

PM discussion:

qwk: 260 montana
Could you send me a few pics of that 260 montana? My email is cobra5oh60hotmail.com. Thanks

Gansettx: 260 montana
Pics sent

The pics are too grainy to show gun condition.

Resent, let me know if those are better. Maybe attachment compressed them to much, but honestly there isn’t anything to see. It’s a fired Kimber Montana looks like all of the others, no chips or gouges in the stock and no dings or nicks in the stainless.

No difference. The thing of it is, I don't mind paying what equates to a $1200 used Montana in a discontinued caliber that I want, as long as it's in excellent shape. The term excellent varies so much, I like to go by detailed pics. In no way am I desperate to get one, because I can re barrel an $800 Roberts's or 308 Montana with a lilja barrel for about $1300 total, including gun. That's why I'm not super gung ho about a $1200 used one.

I see that you had the same problem with the Dealer's sent pictures of the Gunbroker listing. I just took the pics with my Iphone 7+ and it takes awesome photos so I'm at a loss for why you can't see them clearly. You may want to check the resolution of the device you are viewing them on. Those pics aside I have given you full disclosure on condition in my email correspondence with you.

I have a feeling from what you said above that you are not going to be happy with what you find considering the needle you are looking for. These rifles have been out of production for quite a few years and anyone that has one they haven't used is probably not planning to part with it. Your best bet is to do just what you said although I think you valuation of cost is suspect:

Lilja barrel : $355 Stainless benchrest and sporter contour from 1″ or 1.250″ dia. steel
Chamber, Crown, Fit barrel : $275

so $800 + tranfer fees plus labor to remove barrel plus above costs plus shipping brings your real cost to closer to $1550.00 than $1300, and you didn't clean up the action at all.

I'm retracting my offer forsale as I'm no more desperate in selling my Kimber 84m .260 Montana than you are desperate in getting one.

Regards,

Now anyone who wants to deal with this name calling dirtbag beware...check his previous thread discussions and you'll likely come to the same conclusions I have...

Carry on
Thanks for not posting the entire thing you worthless POS. You must be related to Safariman....

So....qwk or quack or ?
Who's sockpuppet are you?
Joined in Nov. 2017 and you know enough about Safariman to throw shade on someone by relating them to him?
Methinks you aren't who you present yourself to be.

Bye bye sockpuppet!

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Billy_Goat

so what'd you do to get them shooting better?

Most of them I’ve scoped and shot, talley lightweights and leupold vx3’s, vortex razor HD LH, and Zeus’s Duralyt scopes are pretty common in my safe. I’m starting to grow the nightforce SHV collection too.

The 30-06 has a bubba-d second set of holes in the receiver, I put on a nightforce one piece base to cover up the junk holes and shot it. The donor shot well enough that I haven’t sent it off for rebooting yet, it will happen eventually...

The .338 federal took a lot of cleaning then I chopped the barrel to 17”, JB weld patched the stock and painted it.

The .223 I just chopped the barrel on for kicks, to about 16.5” I swapped the stocks with the .308 adirondack, and bedded it. Need to shoot it to see how it’s shooting now

The .308 Adirondack is gonna get the .223’s stock, bedded and repainted, just for fun

Last edited by Mjduct; 01/06/18.
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

374 members (29aholic, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 204guy, 264mag, 46 invisible), 1,856 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,205
Posts18,524,204
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.