Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 24 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 23 24
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Bocefish; Steelhead,

As I've said elsewhere IF you buy-into "pack theory" (I'm about "a 50-75% believer".), a woman may very well be the FEMALE ALPHA, i.e., the Alpha's MATE.
(According to the theory, every member of the pack will "defer to" & "fight to the death" to protect the Alpha's mate AND her offspring.)

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
PaulBarnard; ALL,

Paul,
WHERE & WHEN exactly did I say that OR anything even vaguely similar to what you FALSELY claim that I said??
(Methinks, that I've "caught you with your drawers at half-mast", which is to say: BEING UTTERLY DISHONEST.)

LAUGHING AT YOU for your clumsy attempt to "put words in my mouth" & for being intentionally DECEPTIVE & DECEITFUL.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
jaguartx,

That is true in SOME areas but certainly NOT everywhere.

I'm planning a hunting trip to Sub-Saharan Africa this Fall & HOPE to take a trophy Croc with my XB.
(A female "hunting buddy" from Kerrville took an over 2,000# croc 2 years ago with her XB. - That was the first & only known time that anyone did that.)

Also, the rivers & "riverine areas" of several African nations have LARGE, hungry & VERY dangerous Bull Sharks that happily PREY UPON unwary natives. = Bull Sharks are MORE dangerous & eat more people than White Sharks are/do.
(As I was once "stalked by" a large Bull on the TX Gulf Coast, while wade-fishing for "specks", I would be exceeding careful about wading/swimming anyplace where Bulls may be hunting.)

ADDENDA: Late one night recently, Jeffrey Wade (,Animal Planet's noted marine biologist & "extreme fisherman",) was reported to have hooked/landed/weighed/measured/tagged/released an over 400 pound/10 foot long Bull Shark more than 40 KM up a river in RSA. = NOT a place that I'd care to go swimming.
(Bulls are confirmed man-eaters & said to be "The ocean's most dangerous predator".)

In 1937, an 84 pound bull was trapped in Alton, IL, about 1,700 miles from the Gulf of Mexico.
Also an > 8-foot Bull Shark was reported to have been netted over 1,000 miles UP the Mississippi River in 2011, so long stays in freshwater isn't a problem for that "ocean predator".

yours, tex

Last edited by satx78247; 01/05/18. Reason: add

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I find it odd that statistics are heavily touted and accepted in one argument and down played in another. Folks go one way on "black on white crime" and will reverse opinions when facing the same numerical values on "Pit bull versus Pekingese

Have a good one,

1Minute
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
How do I block an annoying poster?

NRA Life Member
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
1minute,

100% SPOT ON.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by satx78247
Birdwatcher,

Fwiw, leaving a PPD (in her "working collar") "unsupervised" at ANY time is as negligent as leaving a loaded gun where it can be taken/misused by an irresponsible/untrained person. = That's why relatively FEW people NEED a PPD and/or are knowledgeable/well-trained enough to actually utilize one properly. And YES, such a "deadly weapon" MUST be insured for the owner's liability for negligence/misuse.
(It took me several tries to get Dolly to let my late wife feed her and/or let her outside to relieve herself. = Dolly had been "poison-proofed" & would only eat/drink from her own bowls. Further, MOST every PPD will NOT work for anyone but "their person", who owns them/knows the proper cues.)

I cannot resist recalling one instance where Dolly was needed: About 2300 on 16APR1994, I exited my POV in downtown _____________ & was faced with a 23YO local thug, who "came at me" with a 9"-bladed knife. Given her cue, Dolly took the thug down & within 30 seconds he was "subdued", I called her off & he was thereafter transported by the police to a local ER.
(About 10 days later, he was released by the doctors & into the custody of the National Police for trial. = Over 300 stitches were required to close his wounds to his "knife hand", lower right arm, face & neck. - I doubt if he ever used his right hand properly again..)

yours, tex

This is page two of an eight page thread and I’m already thoroughly convinced of what a real bad ass you are, so I won’t have to read anymore of this crap.

Quite a few posters know what they are talking about when it comes to dogs. But more of them don’t,

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
curdog4570,

IF simply defending your loved ones & one's self from armed vicious criminals, by any lawful means, makes a person a "BA", I plead, "guilty as charged".
(FYI, I do NOT "go looking for trouble" since I retired as a peace officer but our family is watchful & prepared to defend home & hearth, lest trouble should come looking for us.)

Note: The person at our house that you should FEAR (IF you are an armed intruder) is my 5' tall/102# & 100% SICILIAN lady. = Anyone who threatens the peace of our house/family is likely to stop several a 5.56 JHP bullets out of her Model 7615P. - Darla is DEADLY with that little police carbine out to 250M+.
(During THE MESS of Harvey, she had to drive off a creep from getting into our apartment in Houston. = ONE look down the barrel sent the intruder scurrying away.)

I seriously doubt that even one person will miss reading your ignorant/untutored & utterly SILLY nonsense that you've "blessed" everyone with on this thread, as it is quite obvious that you are one of the people who doesn't have a clue, "when it comes to dogs". = ADIOS.

yours, tex

Last edited by satx78247; 01/05/18. Reason: add

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
PaulBarnard,

WHEN are you going to APOLOGIZE to EVERYONE here for your UTTER DISHONESTY & attempt to DECEIVE everyone, by "creating" a 100% PHONY & fraudulent attempt to make me look like I refused to answer your (LIKELY IGNORANT and STUPID) questions??

FYI, you are being LAUGHED AT by several people here, who actually KNEW me in the USA. =====> It's PAST TIME to ADMIT what you DID.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by las
In a pack (that is one dog, one person minimum), there is only one boss.

She wasn't it.

Exactly.

Only with Pit's a guy needs a baseball bat to establish the Alpha role.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
curdog4570,

IF simply defending your loved ones & one's self from armed vicious criminals, by any lawful means, makes a person a "BA", I plead, "guilty as charged".
(FYI, I do NOT "go looking for trouble" since I retired as a peace officer but our family is watchful & prepared to defend home & hearth, lest trouble should come looking for us.)

yours, tex

Sooooo, when you were a peace officer you went looking for trouble?

MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
BillyGoatGruff,

"Looking for trouble" & HOPEFULLY stopping "trouble" before it gets worse is a portion of the sworn duty of a peace officer. - Did you believe that LEOs only respond to crimes after the fact??

"Looking for trouble" is a part of crime PREVENTION.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
BillyGoatGruff,

"Looking for trouble" & HOPEFULLY stopping "trouble" before it gets worse is a portion of the sworn duty of a peace officer. - Did you believe that LEOs only respond to crimes after the fact??

"Looking for trouble" is a part of crime PREVENTION.

yours, tex

Tex, you ever been to Pinedale WY?

MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
BillyGoatGruff,

My ONE visit to WY was to my late Aunt June's home in Sheridan in 1983.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow 19 pages

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Wow 19 pages

My computer shows 8 pages of being lectured to by some blowhard with an irrational desire to change everyone's opinion.
Mine is that I will not trust a pitbull farther than I can kick them or flatten them.

I think what some here are missing is that probably 90%+ of the humans that own Pitbulls are not prepared to train and continue the training that is needed to maintain Alpha status.
Much less ensuring the dog recognizes that family members are Alpha over the dog.

I've worked with dogs almost all of my life.
Trained a good number of them and helped with a bunch more.
Dogs, unless they get extensive training, are never 100% reliable. One can trust them almost completely, but most will lose their hearing and ignore commands given sufficient temptation/provocation.

Given the fact that it seems most of our population can't discipline their kids, who has any confidence that they can train a dog.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
According to the theory, every member of the pack will "defer to" & "fight to the death" to protect the Alpha's mate AND her offspring.

Not sure I buy into that particular theory.

To the best of my knowledge humans can walk right up to a wolf's den with pups, the wolves generally choosing discretion as the better part of valor.

Meanwhile there is cut-throat competition within any pack to be an alpha wolf, after all the alpha female will kill any pups that ain't her own so if a wolf wants to meet the biological imperative of reproduction its only chance of doing that is toppling the alpha.

I recall at the wolf research center in Ely, Mn, where they keep a captive wolf pack on display in a large pen (all neutered) their longtime caretaker injured herself out jogging one day and walked into the pen to feed them as she always did, this time with a limp. One of the wolves, observing this, immediately attacked her. It seems that the wolf, observing her physical weakness, immediately launched a gambit to takeover the alpha slot.

To the best of my recollection, in them infamous Yellowstone wolf packs which have been researched forever, the most frequent fate of the alpha wolves is to be eventually killed/driven out by members of their own pack as they get injured and/or older.

However wolves, and hence dogs, do not reach full adult status until two years of age, until that time they appear to be mostly accepting of their subordinate status within the pack.

Dogs of course were bred from wolves by a process of subtraction and selection. Essentially we need our dogs to be retarded wolves, to never reach the full adult mental state of a wolf, so that they don't attack us if we walk in the yard with a limp one day.

Packs DO display group unity and loyalty when cooperating to defend their own territory from other wolf packs or when hunting down and killing solitary intruders that are not members of their pack. Since dogs consider people and dogs to be the same species, we make use of this cooperative territorial defense behavior when our dogs challenge strangers who walk into our yards or break into our houses. Or for that matter when we train 'em to be personal defense dogs whatever the correct term is.

JMHO,

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Wow 19 pages

My computer shows 8 pages of being lectured to by some blowhard with an irrational desire to change everyone's opinion.
Mine is that I will not trust a pitbull farther than I can kick them or flatten them.

I think what some here are missing is that probably 90%+ of the humans that own Pitbulls are not prepared to train and continue the training that is needed to maintain Alpha status.
Much less ensuring the dog recognizes that family members are Alpha over the dog.

I've worked with dogs almost all of my life.
Trained a good number of them and helped with a bunch more.
Dogs, unless they get extensive training, are never 100% reliable. One can trust them almost completely, but most will lose their hearing and ignore commands given sufficient temptation/provocation.

Given the fact that it seems most of our population can't discipline their kids, who has any confidence that they can train a dog.

Well said, spot on. There are some breeds you dont want to be friends with, along with muzzies and dimocraps. If you have a pit, you better be the boss at all times and the dog better know it.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/06/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
m stevenson,

By my count there is about 7-8 pages of RANTING MORONS, who IRRATIONALLY fear/hate Pit Bulls, though several admitted that they have NO training as a handler, have never even owned a Pit (or any other working breed) . nor even know anyone who owns a socialized/trained Pit Bull.

What they do have in surplus is lots of ignorant/uneducated/unfounded opinions & irrational hysteria.

Fyi, one of the WORST of the RANTERS (& who is the real "blowhard" on this thread) is also "a several times convicted" petty criminal, who HATES the police even more than he hates/fears police working dogs. = I wonder how many times that he had to be subdued with the help of a K-9 dog??
(A forum member, who is also a serving LEO, knows him & his "rather extensive" criminal offense record.)

Since you've trained dogs & "helped with a bunch more", WHERE/WHEN did you go to any recognized training school for dog handlers or K9 trainers??,
Are you a licensed K-9 officer?
Have you ever owned or trained a Pitt Bull for any lawful purpose??

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
the girl owned two and they killed and ate her

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 19 of 24 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

165 members (5sdad, 10gaugemag, 44mc, 2500HD, 35, 14 invisible), 1,676 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,620
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.