-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
So, it's my turn to be proud. The wife took her 3rd buck in a row from the deck this morning. Unfortunately, Flinch's parcel with the blaze orange bikini didn't make it until 10:30am, so she had do shoot from on top of the hot tub instead of in it [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img] .<P>All my little rascals had to be there to pose for the photo. My buddy took his doe about a half hour afterwards within 75 yards of the buck. Of course, a dandy 26" buck showed up right after the tags were filled. He'd better be watching his 6 next year [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img].<P> [Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stalker,<P>Congrats on the Family and on the Wife's Buck. Great to see everyone got a piece of the action!.........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
MS,<P>Great picture!!!<BR>Proud family moment.<P>Can I come visit next fall? [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]

James
AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
MS,<P>Great picure! Well done by all!<P><BR>Blaine

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Outstanding! Way to go, MS. From the deck, you say? I humped my kit for a mile or so and sat on stand for about 6 hours today, with two doe sightings to show for it. This just isn't fair.<P>Somebody call me a whaaaambulance. Talus

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Talus, I don't hunt my own place for that reason. Too easy. BUT, these front range bucks are about as tasty as they get. Better than elk, in our opinion. They should be, eating all my good mountain grass!<P>So, in a few weeks, I'll be making it up. Hiking 8+ miles a day, just to get in and out of our hunting spot. If we get lucky, we'll be able to get the horses to a downed animal -- otherwise, it's the old fashioned way. That's half the fun, though!

pak Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great photo, show us some more.pak

'Often mistaken, never in doubt'

'Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge' Darwin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice buck, great looking family too! You guys notice who they make stay out and take the pictures he,he...<P>hope that rifle is empty [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]<P>Mike<P>P.S. How far, what caliber, bullet, scope, rifle, details man we need details! It's what makes time go by!

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
ROTR -- The gear: She was shooting a Ruger MkII in .30-06. Put a timney trigger and a McMillan stock on it this summer and it's a shooting machine. Scope is a VariX III 4.5-14x40. BTW, yes, it's an empty rifle at that point and actually pointed behind the crew. Shot was right at 100 yards, quartering away. She hit it well, just behind the last rib, angling forward into the chest with 165 grain ballistic tips (2750fps). Surprisingly, it went about 20 yards before he laid down facing us, where she put another into the heart, which worked immediately and dramatically. Surprisingly little bloodshot. The buck went 225lbs hanging whole.<P>My buddy used the same rifle and ammo on his 160 lb doe. He shot her at 50 yards as she quartered towards us. Into the shoulder. Blew that shoulder to pieces -- and I mean pieces!!! Doe went about 5 yards, circled once and it was all over.<P>The hunt: We were watching a half dozen does and a similar buck about 300 yards away when her buck came out of the creek bottom below us and walked up towards my 100 yard target -- didn't need the rangefinder for that shot, hee-hee. Left it there and tried to catch some does before they left the property (I only have 40 acres). They got away, but then a nice doe, yearling and fawn of the year saw those deer escaping and must have thought they were in a safe direction. They came from 300+ yards away off the neighbors property and came right past us for the easy shot. My friend kept asking "should I shoot?" and I kept telling him to let them keep coming. Made for a slam dunk deal at 50 yards! Pretty fun morning. We ended up seeing 10 bucks and 18 does.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You know I got to get me a deck like that. It sure would save me a lot of money on gas and boot leather. Tell your wife congratulations for me. Oh btw, I did kill an antelope, but I forgot my Tree Lounge. Actually I couldn't find anything to strap it too. I wonder if Dean would of hooked it to his trailor hitch or something. You know if your buddy Dean wants to come out here and hunt antelope I imagine I could find a power pole for him to climbl [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

Is it Friday yet?
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
MS- Now that's the goods!!<P>I appreciate the "rest of the story" Sounds like that rifle is a death ray.<P>I wish I could get my wife interested in hunting or at least shooting. She will shoot .22's which is O'Kay but doesn't care for her .38 even with light loads. She wouldn't even consider killing anything, however she got after her cat one time with a broom when he brought in a live bird! Whew talk about fur flying [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] <P>The good thing is she doesn't care about my hunting and even wants to go to Africa if I ever get to go on Safari. I told her about the Eco tours [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] Is that considered baiting?<P>Looks like JR is about ready for a .223 and some stout bullets!<P>Keep corrupting as many as you can, that's all of our futures standing in y'all's pics<P>Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Muley Stalker, sorry about not getting the Blaze Orange Bikini in the mail in time. Dang, I had to borrow it, or should I say the wife had to borrow it for her buck. Wow, this photo isn't going anywhere. It would cause a divorce for the rest of you flatlanders. She is looking way hot, especially with the fine buck (her first) next to her in the photo with my new .25-284 at her side. I must say, I likey that cartridge a lot. One shot at 238 yards straight on, bullet split the heart and obliterated the lungs. Buck tipped over backwards and rolled over 100 yards down the mountain. It was a bit steep where we were hunting. It was hell packing the hot tub up there, but I couldn't let you out do me on the deck shot [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]. We took a little dip in the the tub after the shot and followed up with some bikini photos. Since you no longer need the bikini, I will keep it for a suvenire. It hangs on my loading press next to the lace panties. Gosh I love hunting! Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
That picture would make a fine poster, with the caption: <BR> <BR> "HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS,AND YOU WONT HAVE TO HUNT YOUR KIDS!" <BR> THE DEER IS NICE, but the real trophies are those three kids! Great kids, great Mom, and a great picture! Congrats on all of them!<P> [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Simply FANTASTIC !!! Congrats !

--Steve

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1badf350, 222ND, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 59 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,909
Posts18,518,630
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.