-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I burn all my tires, vinyl siding, chemical jugs, limbs and junk. I burn it all at night so the 'heroes' can't see the towering plumes. Hell with a permit.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by meatsanta226
I burn all my tires, vinyl siding, chemical jugs, limbs and junk. I burn it all at night so the 'heroes' can't see the towering plumes. Hell with a permit.

Why don't you just burn that inside the house so you can breathe the toxins instead of everyone else in the world?

We have idiots that burn trash around here and I don't understand it. Everyone has weekly scavenger service in the first place. If you have a volume of scrap lumber, cardboard, paper, leaves sure, go at it. But these idiots that dump their household trash in a so-called "burn drum" where it won't draw air and burn right in the first place, and then light it and let it smolder all night are idiots. Did I say idiots?

I live in a big lot, wooded subdivision in the first place. If I wanted to live in a place where a late night walk with the dog finds the whole neighborhood covered with a stagnant layer of smoldering household trash stench I would have bought by a dump or something.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Burned a pretty good one in Idaho when we were up there just before Thanksgiving. Have a small one started here in Texas that will go in a couple of months.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My favorite burn pile story. In the middle of a bad fire season, the guy down the street started a big burn pile out in front of his house. I called the Fire department. Multiple trucks showed up and dumped several hundred gallons on it. Wrote him a very large ticket. That fall during burn season, after several days of rain, on a very rainy day. I lit my burn pile. He called 911 and a Oregon State Police officer showed up at his house. I watched as he was pointing at me and waving his arms around for a few minutes. State cop drove by my fire and waved.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
How can you burn cshit up without a burn pile??

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
How can you burn cshit up without a burn pile??

Turns out there's a subset of 'humans' (arguable), referred to as "city people" or more broadly as Californians that are not versed in the therapeutic benefits of a burn pile. Same people probably don't fish or eat meat. .

LOL
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

[Linked Image]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A great spot for the local bunnies and quail to hide from our hawks during the winter months. Also a way for me to avoid visiting our local dump. About every third trip or so to the dump, and I end up with a flat tire. Right now it's mostly bark from our last firewood run.

[Linked Image]

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Even cardboard and paper are illegal to burn ouside here. Still a fair number of country people that burn their trash, or throw the bags out on the road, or sneak into the parks to put it in the dumpsters (also illegal). Neighbiring counties in VA have free dumsters for residents, but our county dump charges $5 minimum for dropping off. That, plus time and trouble and gas make $80 every three months for weekly pickup a pretty good deal.

What fresh Hell is this?
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
When we bought our property, there were two large burn piles already to go. They were 60-70ft dia and 8ft tall.
We lit them during freezing rain episode. They burnt for the entire weekend. You could see it from a half mile away when you come down the road. I still remember how hot that fire was.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

And stand downwind, no doubt. That explains a lot.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by GunReader

Why don't you just burn that inside the house so you can breathe the toxins instead of everyone else in the world?

We have idiots that burn trash around here and I don't understand it. Everyone has weekly scavenger service in the first place. If you have a volume of scrap lumber, cardboard, paper, leaves sure, go at it. But these idiots that dump their household trash in a so-called "burn drum" where it won't draw air and burn right in the first place, and then light it and let it smolder all night are idiots. Did I say idiots?

I live in a big lot, wooded subdivision in the first place. If I wanted to live in a place where a late night walk with the dog finds the whole neighborhood covered with a stagnant layer of smoldering household trash stench I would have bought by a dump or something.

I bet your homeowners association won't even let you own your own gas grill.

GFY

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In our area burn permits are issued by the tribe. Every body has a burn pile but very few people bother to get a permit or follow the rules like calling first and having the fire out by noon (including me) yet I don't know of one single person that's ever been cited. It's basically an agency created to provide government funded jobs for "Native Americans".

As for burning household garbage.....rural waste removal is mandatory and tacked onto our property taxes.

Last edited by FieldGrade; 01/14/18.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
In our area burn permits are issued by the tribe. Every body has a burn pile but very few people bother to get a permit or follow the rules like calling first and having the fire out by noon (including me) yet I don't know of one single person that's ever been cited. It's basically an agency created to provide government funded jobs for "Native Americans".

I guess we have real fire cops here. Big tickets for violent offenders like us. They're impressive I hear, nothing to be taken lightly.

Unless you've lived in the country in non-communist America your whole life.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1minute

[Linked Image]

Is that a whitetail/mule deer hybrid?

Carpe' Scrotum
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
several years ago here in ga. it was mandated that only natural debris could be burned, and only with a permit. it included solid wood tree parts, limbs, and garden debris. no trted lumber, no lumber or funiture, etc. of any kind. no trash such as paper, boxes, pallets. you get the drift.

and yes, the state forestry dept is the enforcement mechanism as far as i know. every county is a little different, what with population, land-use activities, density of housing.

something about air quality or some such, or global warming, or neighbors too willing to sue. i don't know.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Not much freedom left in America if you can't burn your sheit w/o some snowflake having a meltdown.

LOL
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Back in the 7o's, an environmentalist was quoted as saying, "Nothing ever really goes away". I think he was right.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

I guess we have real fire cops here. Big tickets for violent offenders like us. They're impressive I hear, nothing to be taken lightly.

Unless you've lived in the country in non-communist America your whole life.

It's gotta suck living your whole life as a victim.....I'd either move or accept it and quit whining if I were you.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Not much freedom left in America if you can't burn your sheit w/o some snowflake having a meltdown.

oh, i forgot to add a "got-cha" as in the summer months a huge number of counties ringing atlanta can't burn outside at all (they can run their grills). it's to do with emissions coming from cars idling in the hot sunshine on top of asphalt as the traffic piles up. oct-april is ok to burn i'm thinking, with a permit of course. summertime hardwood control burns in said counties are history. the state epd is probably under the command & control of the us epa.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 61 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,436 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,173
Posts18,484,607
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.