L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by ldholton
Global warming at -20F the other morning.

[Linked Image]

What's the post hole digger used for this time a year there in the cold ?

Probably saves Sam from having to stand on the hitch with a bucket load of Silage!

It is nice when lifting a heavy bale up and into the chopper!
(that tractor really could use another set of weights...)

We'll get around to taking it off when we go to hook up to the baler......

Back to this brush pile business, I'm gonna have to take a pic.

Kind of what I figured. Sometimes it's easier just to leave stuff hooked up and undo it I get it.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Enjoy your hangover.[/quote
Originally Posted by rost495
[quote=EZEARL] Better safe than sorry.

Matter of perspective what's best.
. Ok, well noted if we see you on fire don't bother. LOL. I don't get your total pissed attitude for folks that might save someones property by calling. And IF you'd have called in, then no one would even show up. Really damn simple if you ask me.

If you need a nanny state, things are going the right direction.

Your are nothing but an azz

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
We've dealt with "foreigners" like him for years around here. Told the new owner of the property behind me after I was informed by her that I could no longer step foot on her the property that if her place ever caught fire I'd be standing at my property line with a hose. BUT when her house caught fire a couple years ago at 4AM I was the first and only one there and had to notified authorities. Come to find out that she had been in a nursing home away from here for 3 months. House burnt early on a Friday morning and she died the next day.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Says the fireman.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
In all it's glorious glory....

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was waiting for the dog to push a Wabbit out of one of those piles.

Around here there would have been a gaggle of Wabbits in a pile that size.

Last edited by FieldGrade; 01/15/18.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Charlie, we don't have many cottontails around around the farm. I should have looked for tracks.

I'm feeding a little one in my yard in town though. Major brownie points with the wife for that great idea.....

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Says the fireman.

You say that like it’s a bad thing.lol

Spend some time dealing with carelessness, recklessness and stupidity as it regards fire and you might have a different and more informed opinion.

I hate the nanny state and from what I know of Rost he does too. An outdoor fire here is subject to a 3 foot diameter without needing a permit. I had some giant slash piles from logging and stumping my place that I not only permitted but had an excavator and 1000 gallon water truck on site. I don’t give ashit about ninnies whining about the smoke but I damn sure take responsibility that my actions don’t hurt or kill someone else or damage someone else’s property. I’ve been on enough calls throughout the years to understand that stupidity kills, and it doesn’t always kill the stupid, sometimes innocents suffer the actions of fools.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
fire is our friend, but if it turns into an enemy it can maim & kill. industrial forestry depends upon fire. epa regs preventing burning is costly for the forestry enterprise. but to be careless and let that smoke from a controlled burn drift over a city or mix with fog over an interstate, and katy bar the door.

individuals in the line of smoke drift that has lung/respiratory problems might want to consult their lawyer before speaking with the folks doing the burning. but in the end, smoke & innocent civilians don't mix.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Charlie, we don't have many cottontails around around the farm. I should have looked for tracks.

I'm feeding a little one in my yard in town though. Major brownie points with the wife for that great idea.....

I feed a lot of em too Sam.

They're particularly fond of my Rose and Juniper bushes.

My Cur dog loves chasing them.
She'd spend the whole day digging in a pile like that if she thought she smelled a Rabbit in there.

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Anyone wanting some cottontail rabbits, come on down. Tree eating varmints. it is not as though they do not have a full feed of, shelled corn, and alfalfa hay.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I live trap 'em in town, and release them on my hunting property. We had a blizzard a while back that killed off most of the rabbits in Ohio. I'm restocking my property.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Gents, my pet rabbit.

15 minutes ago.

Bunny Foofs.

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Nothing eats like a good cottontail rabbit.

Unless its a pet of course....

Never understood anyone who would shoot one and not eat it. That'll get you schitcanned from the Conrad Ponderosa!

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
That cut little bunny shore looks lonesome Sam, he need some friends, dozens of friends, come getem!!!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Jim, I've never shot a rabbit in my life.

Or a squirrel.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i have nothing against rabbits nor wabbits in the pot or the pan, but i thought we were all joined to discuss about smoke drift. the ferals of various flavors around here including coyotes, foxes, owls, and cats probably keep the rabbits under control. i'm sure the hawks assist also.

maybe it's time to buy stock in a wood chipper company, and convert wood chips into substrate for mushrooms? i don't know what the market for mushrooms are? i guess it depends.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by baltz526
My favorite burn pile story. In the middle of a bad fire season, the guy down the street started a big burn pile out in front of his house. I called the Fire department. Multiple trucks showed up and dumped several hundred gallons on it. Wrote him a very large ticket. That fall during burn season, after several days of rain, on a very rainy day. I lit my burn pile. He called 911 and a Oregon State Police officer showed up at his house. I watched as he was pointing at me and waving his arms around for a few minutes. State cop drove by my fire and waved.

Hahaha.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by baltz526
My favorite burn pile story. In the middle of a bad fire season, the guy down the street started a big burn pile out in front of his house. I called the Fire department. Multiple trucks showed up and dumped several hundred gallons on it. Wrote him a very large ticket. That fall during burn season, after several days of rain, on a very rainy day. I lit my burn pile. He called 911 and a Oregon State Police officer showed up at his house. I watched as he was pointing at me and waving his arms around for a few minutes. State cop drove by my fire and waved.

Hahaha.

setting fires to brushpiles is a fine art. anyone can do it, but doing it efficiently & effectively is what it's all about. a few hundred acres of land containing brushfires is nothing but a day's work for some who walk amongst us. but it all depends.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Anyone wanting some cottontail rabbits, come on down. Tree eating varmints. it is not as though they do not have a full feed of, shelled corn, and alfalfa hay.

Richard - remember when we had jackrabbits?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,386 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,162
Posts18,484,397
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.