Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Billy_Goat
no dog is worth going to jail, or court over, IMO.

Mine are.

I wouldn't shoot/kill a person over it but I'd gladly deal with an assault charge if someone intentionally harmed one of them.

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Broken glass and and bent up rusty nails every so often down on his end of the road. Slow him down and hurt his wallet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
Broken glass and and bent up rusty nails every so often down on his end of the road. Slow him down and hurt his wallet.

You have to assume he'll know who did it and escalate. Neighbor feuds suck and they almost always suck worse for the good guy, the one with the most to lose. Barry has done the right thing at this point.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Mine are. I wouldn't shoot/kill a person over it but I'd gladly deal with assault charges if someone intentionally harmed one of them.

This is me as well.

I'd never kill someone over a dog but I'd be happy to assist in putting them in jail and be damn glad I did.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by renegade50

You have to assume he'll know who did it and escalate. Neighbor feuds suck and they almost always suck worse for the good guy, the one with the most to lose. Barry has done the right thing at this point.

Seriously, the further I can stay away from him the better. As I said, I really don't even see him more than a couple times a year in passing.

It just pisses me off that that couple of times a year have to be with him intentionally trying to run over my dog. frown

I'd be happy to never see him again.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First time I caught the dogs killing critters on my property, would have been the last time they were able to do that.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I dunno. The dogs do some good in the world and bring joy. Some people don't and are possibly worth less than the dog. Speaking for my dogs of course lol

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
This one slept in my bed for most of his life, would have died defending the girls or the wife.........

But I would've but a bullet between his eyes in a newyork minute if had ever bitten a kid, or killed a neighbors animal................

The 'invisible fence' worked until he decided the shock was worth it............ he started visiting the neighbor and pissing on his pool toys THROUGH the screen. Put up a real fence, problem solved.

You said that you had video of the bad dogs taking game................. just wondering why Fish and Game were not consulted, they seem to have a real hard-on for such behavior.........

You didn't 'take care of it early'........... you didn't call F&G.............. He's an AZZhat, your dog won't stay out of the street.................

What would I do??? Since you asked...... let it go, keep your dog out of the street........... if you can't - Chapter three could be bad for one or many! Never forget that you can be completely right and still loose.

JMHO

[Linked Image]

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Six pages, wow! I have an idea! Next time you see the neighbor drive by grab a six pack and go visit! If he refuses to have a beer, that's an insult, kick his ass for insulting you! Or enjoy the beer and iron things out! Maybe he's just as discussed with you as you are with him. Because his daughter is a piece of dog raising craap, doesn't mean he is!!!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by gregintenn
In my opinion, there's a right and a wrong way for a man to speak to his neighbors. Reading your posts here, you come across as an [bleep]. I expect that was the feeling the neighbor got from listening to you as well. I'm not defending him, but I'm saying it is possible you share some blame for this adversarial relationship.

You don't have a fuggin' clue WHAT I sounded like, since you weren't there.

In this state, you are within your rights to destroy a dog on your property causing damage. Or even threatening to.

My manner was mild with this guy. I was trying to do him a favor by giving him a chance to corral his dogs before they got killed.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Yet another example of a guy I wouldn't want to live near. When two [bleep] meet, it is usually entertaining.

You did threaten to kill the guy's dog. He threatened to kill your dog.

You said you haven't seen the guy's dogs anymore.

I expect he'd appreciate not having to dodge yours in the road.

Were I you, I'd beg a moderator to remove this thread immediately.

Evidently you don't know Barry very well. Barry would be the last source of trouble... But this site has a way with bringing azzes to the top. I"d live next to Barry any old day.
I would too.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
in a situation like this, I always want to consider the other guys view.

you don't know what happened with the druggie daughter. her choices have probably weighed heavily on the man, and likely, he'd like to take that frustration out on somebody.

something like this needs time and some relationship building.

I'd recommend either:

1. trying to avoid the man at all costs, or
2. next time you see him, flag him down and try to be neighborly. explain that he and you got off on the wrong foot, that you don't like that.

most problems can be resolved with humility and understanding the other persons point of view.

very little of that takes place on this forum, though. Godspeed in your path forward.

. Actually a lot of dogs would be worth it, compared to most people but I digress

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Heym06
Six pages, wow! I have an idea! Next time you see the neighbor drive by grab a six pack and go visit! If he refuses to have a beer, that's an insult, kick his ass for insulting you! Or enjoy the beer and iron things out! Maybe he's just as discussed with you as you are with him. Because his daughter is a piece of dog raising craap, doesn't mean he is!!!!!!

On the surface that sounds good. Three major issues though. The neighbor was an irresponsible pet owner. I know the dogs were the daughter's, but he took them on. I have never met an irresponsible pet owner that I'd want to have a beer with. There's something wrong with every damn one of them. When someone approaches you in an effort to try to avoid a situation in which they might have to kill your dog, that's someone doing you a favor. You don't get pissy. You need to have the fuuuking emotional intelligence to realize that dogs going after livestock is serious business and that the person approaching you about it is trying to help you. You don't ever, and I mean ever, extend an olive branch to someone who twice swerves at your dog. That person is a cockhole of the highest order.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My neighbor lady called and left a message, "could you please keep your boxer up there as much as possible. We just got a pup and your Dillon plays too rough, the pup is afraid to go outside."

My kids got mad and wanted to complain to her. I told them it is her yard, not ours, our dog needs to stay at home. We started going out with him for awhile to reinforce his boundries. Problem solved.

Barry did something that could be expected to play out badly. But he did the honorable and manly thing.
Sneaking around like some lowlife scum was probably the best way to play this. Not the right way.

This a--holes actions reflect solely on him, not R-bar.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
So far you did good. Let the cops handle it. Call them every time neighbor acts stupid, faithfully. Every time you're at the road when he drives by video him. People in general really don't like that. Boring but effective. God bless.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Record him on camera being an a$$. You know what to do next time......

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
The very few times that I have had neighbor problems, I went to their place with a 6 pack and talked it out. "Let's talk. I brought beer." Do not beat on the door, just a friendly knock.

Sometimes it works, sometimes not. But well worth a try. Be humble, be nice.

Explain that you didn't really want to shoot his dogs, but that you were protecting the animals. Let him give you his side of the story, maybe agree with him even if they are wrong.("Yea, I kinda see your point") If he "goes off", tell him to relax and have an adult and civil conversation. Again, be nice. ( I know being a diplomat can be a PITA) Check your ego at home. This is the tough part.

Then explain to him that you are not happy with him trying to run over your dog, and you would like him to stop it. In an adult and civil manner. Be nice.

At this point of the saga, seems that you have nothing to lose.

If he goes off and nothing is settled, at least you tried.

This isn't going to get settled if you don't talk to him again.

Last edited by prplbkrr; 01/15/18.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If I was the local game-pig, my neighbors would hate me too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Is he really trying to kill your dog or is he fuqking with you?

Thing is, if he does, he'll be arrested and go to jail for it. (From a legal standpoint.)

Thing is, if he does, he'd go to the morgue for it.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The neighbor is an unreasonable a-hole. Why in the world would any of you think it's a good idea to visit him again. That second visit could end very badly. They don't live close to each other and only see each other a couple of times a year. Life goes on, just avoid him - problem solved.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You just reminded him of his drug head ho of a daughter. He's probably fed up with her and her life habits. He probably also has a wife insisting on taking care of her and allowing her sh-t for friends and dogs hang around too. He can't do anything about them and takes out his frustration on you. Daughter and dogs will be back, count on it. wildlifecontrolsupplies.com has what you need. A Belisle 330X and red meat will quietly handle the job. Buy the setting tool so you don't end up in it. It would take some help to get you loose.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 22kHornet, 257Bob, 222ND, 69 invisible), 2,563 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,693
Posts18,534,560
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.