Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I also run Brownings and am very pleased with them.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I ran Wildgame for a few year but bought a Bushnell last year that's my go-to. PIcked up a Moultrie A30I this year and it worked well until some asshat stole it. Picked up another pair of them to put out in a few months. Good pic quality and battery life.

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had good luck with the couple Covert's that I have. Bears chewed one up pretty good, but it still works. Ultra close focus needs a little work. lol
[Linked Image]

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I am running 20 cameras, best bang for the buck is Bushnell. I can get a year on a 8 AA batteries. Fast trigger speed, video mode with sound. Most have been picked up on e bay for less than 100.00.

Don't gobble at me
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Scott
I ran Wildgame for a few year but bought a Bushnell last year that's my go-to. PIcked up a Moultrie A30I this year and it worked well until some asshat stole it. Picked up another pair of them to put out in a few months. Good pic quality and battery life.

I agree with Scott, I have had great usage out of the two Moultrie A30i cameras I purchased as well. I use mine on picture mode only and am impressed with a $69 camera that works as good as they do. Also impressed with the energizer batteries that came with the cameras.

I also have two Primos 03 no glow cameras that work ok but the one is a Generation Two that works much better than the first series as far as pic quality and range is concerned.

Take your kids and your grand kids huntin' and shootin'.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I bought $75 ancheer from Amazon.
We're not taking wedding photos.
[Linked Image]
good enough for what I need.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have had good luck with Moultrie cams. Also have a Spypoint cam, and it works good.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 1Longbow
Have had very good luck with Covert cameras

Me, too. In 4 years, in use year around with temps varying from over 100 to -5, snow, ice, etc, I've had 2 failures out of 12 cameras. I don't know anyone operating in my area and my conditions who has done as well with anything but Reconyx. I picked Covert almost at random, hadn't heard of them, based on detection distance and flash distance where they came in second only to Reconyx at just under $200 instead of just over $500. The only negative I've found is trigger time on the now-discontinued Extreme Black 60s I have been using.

I expect a couple more failures this year as equipment ages. I'm not sure whether I will downsize my "herd" and switch to Reconyx or look at the newer, must faster but lower photo quality (8mp instead of 12mp) Coverts.

I can't see, for my use, "soaking" for a year at a time, going with a cheap camera. If one fails, I lose a full year, not just a week or so. Long term reliability is critical.

Tom

Edit to add: I did have one odd thing happen this year ... two cameras' cases were open when I returned to them. For the moment, I suspect birds seeing the small shiny wire hasp that holds the case shut. Despite being open to the weather for some number of months, they were still taking good pictures.

Last edited by T_O_M; 01/16/18.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I second the Brownings as I have used the Dark ops. However Bushnell Aggressors are my main go to cam other than my Spartan/HCO cell cams.

"By the time you realize your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Browning strikeforce

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I've been running a Cuddeback, Wildgame, 2 Primos and one $50.00 camera I can't remember the brand. The Cudde and the Wildgame are my favorites as they have LONG battery life. The $50.00 one just keeps working year to year but eats batteries like Rosie O'Donnel eats platters of donuts.

I have one POS Moultrie that never did work and I didn't realize it until warranty expired. (Didn't put it out in time)

I might have to try the Brownings after reading this thread.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

S
shootem Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Browning seems like the leader so far in the price point I'm looking at. Spypoint sure has some interesting stuff for remote management if you're running a bank of cameras especially. Imagine if you go cellular it could get expensive pretty quick.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Tasco sold at Walmart for 24.95 .i have lots of them and although they are only 4mp they work great and serve their purpose also long as battery life . Try one just for grins.

" It's the nut behind the butt that makes the difference"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Browning Trophy Cams here...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I only had two spypoints, and both were below average.
My best camera is one of my oldest, the Bushnell HD. It always has the most pictures, and only fires on animals. Pretty good at night and day.
My good friend and I put out the cameras now after PA flintlock is over. Helps with next years hunts. Great exercise swapping SD cards on Sunday mornings.
We put them on public land so we try to buy new ones on sale. Cheaper cameras tend to be a hit or miss. We have 8 cheaper 50 dollar Primos, some are OK, some suck. We returned 2 of 8. 25% failure is pretty bad. We got those for 35 each so we split 8. In the end, I would have preferred paying more with less hassle. I bet they will crap out this year.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I've had a Moultrie 880i for a few years now and it works really well. Great battery life, "dark flash" and very good trigger speed. Takes great video and stills:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Daylight shots are great, too but I don't have any handy.

Aqualung

"Bambi's Good Eatin'!"
- Me

"...Somewhere, there are Brownings in a two-hand hold,
Cocked and locked, one up the spout..."
- Jethro Tull
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Been running Bushnell Trophy Cam Aggressor Model 119774 for couple years....great battery life plenty of adjustments to get good pictures....picked them up for under $100 each...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,332 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,517
Posts18,490,944
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.