Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I just could not get the 20-60 to focus very well and it was just harder to get behind.....The 45X seems brighter and Clearer and just pops in to focus has great depth of focus.....I am the one That they are Quoting on Rokslide ....I had to return the 45X it was full of Metal Shavings under the focus ring....The 60X also had a few metal shavings as well....If you look you can see where they machined 3 or 4 Holes and apparently forgot to blow out the shavings before Assembly.......I ordered another one in 45X to see if it was just bad luck on my end ....These scopes Have some of the best Glass I have looked at for under 1200 Bucks.....They are one of the best feeling spotters I have Handled....I also tested the water proofing....I filled the sink up with Hot water and dropped that sucker in there and left it for 1 Hour....It is 100% waterproof.....My friend has a new Meopta Meopro 20-60x80 when He looked thru the 45X Krotos... His response was WOW I could have saved 1000 bucks.....I will have the new one in 45x Tuesday... I will keep my fingers crossed and Report Back....If I have to send it back I will have to spend 1300 to get this quality of Glass....

Last edited by KentuckyMountainMan; 01/27/18.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
GB1

X
OP Offline
X
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
I just could not get the 20-60 to focus very well and it was just harder to get behind.....The 45X seems brighter and Clearer and just pops in to focus has great depth of focus.....I am the one That they are Quoting on Rokslide ....I had to return the 45X it was full of Metal Shavings under the focus ring....The 60X also had a few metal shavings as well....If you look you can see where they machined 3 or 4 Holes and apparently forgot to blow out the shavings before Assembly.......I ordered another one in 45X to see if it was just bad luck on my end ....These scopes Have some of the best Glass I have looked at for under 1200 Bucks.....They are one of the best feeling spotters I have Handled....I also tested the water proofing....I filled the sink up with Hot water and dropped that sucker in there and left it for 1 Hour....It is 100% waterproof.....My friend has a new Meopta Meopro 20-60x80 when He looked thru the 45X Krotos... His response was WOW I could have saved 1000 bucks.....I will have the new one in 45x Tuesday... I will keep my fingers crossed and Report Back....If I have to send it back I will have to spend 1300 to get this quality of Glass....

Wow, impressive! Good luck on your next 45x, hope it would be even better smile I actually got my 60x on Wed, the glass looks good to me, as I have to admit that I have never been behind a good spotting glass with quality before, so the krotos already made me WOW. But the one I got was an open box item and I suspect it was a return. So I just returned it to local bass pro shop that night and ordered another one. That being said, I hadn't have a chance to check the metal shaving as I wasn't even aware of the issue by the time. My 2nd 60x will come on the coming Thu, will keep an eye on that.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
So you can return cabelas branded stuff to bass pro?

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
I have the little TSN-55 Kowa and really like it a lot. It'll certainly be getting used a lot more than my 85mm Zeiss Diascope.

How does the eye relief compare on these two?

I know that optical quality is everyone's main concern, but IMO eye relief gets little attention. It shouldn't. It is a key factor in a scopes usability.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
X
OP Offline
X
So you can return cabelas branded stuff to bass pro?

Yea, any purchase from Cabela's can be returned to bass pro. And I just succeeded this week.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Just ordered the 82A Hope I get a Good example....

I received the Vanguard 82A ED Today......The glass is OK at 30X but above that it is a little fuzzy lacks contrast....I also received a Cabelas 15-45x65 Krotos HD ...That was on Back order.

I spent the whole afternoon with them set up side by side...Looking as far as 1000 Yrds away....The Krotos Blows the Vanguard away....It is crystal clear to 45X and built like a tank...Colors just POP.....Wide field of view,..Good eye relief....Brighter than the 82A even at Dusk.. Its a Keeper....

I had bought the Krotos 20-60 yesterday and returned It...... No where near as good as the 45X Krotos....

Did Cabelas quit carrying the Krotos in 15-45? and I read where some people are saying its made my Athlon.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Paul39
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
I have the little TSN-55 Kowa and really like it a lot. It'll certainly be getting used a lot more than my 85mm Zeiss Diascope.

How does the eye relief compare on these two?

I know that optical quality is everyone's main concern, but IMO eye relief gets little attention. It shouldn't. It is a key factor in a scopes usability.

Paul

I don’t wear eye glasses so I don’t find the eye relief troubling on either to be honest.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Remington280

I received the Vanguard 82A ED Today......The glass is OK at 30X but above that it is a little fuzzy lacks contrast....I also received a Cabelas 15-45x65 Krotos HD ...That was on Back order.

I spent the whole afternoon with them set up side by side...Looking as far as 1000 Yrds away....The Krotos Blows the Vanguard away....It is crystal clear to 45X and built like a tank...Colors just POP.....Wide field of view,..Good eye relief....Brighter than the 82A even at Dusk.. Its a Keeper....

I had bought the Krotos 20-60 yesterday and returned It...... No where near as good as the 45X Krotos....

Did Cabelas quit carrying the Krotos in 15-45? and I read where some people are saying its made my Athlon.

Yes it is discontinued they are out of stock 1 min and back in stock the next.....They have been in and out of stock all week....

X
OP Offline
X
Originally Posted by Remington280

They are all made by the top chinese glassing manufacture Bosma: http://www.bosmaoptics.com/showproducts.asp?id=648

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

I received the new 45X Krotos today....This one is perfect..... No metal shavings inside and the internal machining looks Great......I will play with it a few days and report any problems if I find any....

Last edited by KentuckyMountainMan; 01/30/18.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,399 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,518
Posts18,472,501
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.