Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
They sure make it harder to get 8 guns into a 16 gun safe.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fudd

Fudd
Slang term for a "casual" gun owner; eg; a person who typically only owns guns for hunting or shotgun sports and does not truly believe in the true premise of the second amendment. These people also generally treat owners/users of so called "non sporting" firearms like handguns or semiautomatic rifles with unwarranted scorn or contempt.

"See sonny, all those pistols in that cabinet... all thems is good for is killin people." -Example of ignorant comment from a fudd at a local gun shop. See also: Zumbo.
#fudd#zumbo#john rosenthal#mitt romney#john kerry
by drgrant April 10, 2007

I see, as in Elmer J. Fudd.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by 175rltw
If you call out “something em em” like 7 em em or 5.56 em em. That’s a good clue. If you spend much time gayzing at other guys rifles, wondering about their dick size, that’s a a good clue. Marlboro, beer belly, smug self superior attitude... might be a fudd. Model 98, pre-64 win etc = pinnacle of rifle design... may as well. go get fitted for your stormy Cromer and red and black checkered Woolworth coat.

If your habit is to work the bolt upon firing the rifle - you will soon understand why a bigger handle is superior. If your habit is to NOT work the bolt upon firing the rifle, then you will never know what the bigger handle is for and will only notice that it makes the rifle fit differently in a case. That’s the black and white for the OP- but it sounded like he wasn’t actually asking

I have seen your Stormy Kromer... just sayin'.

Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by 175rltw
If you call out “something em em” like 7 em em or 5.56 em em. That’s a good clue. If you spend much time gayzing at other guys rifles, wondering about their dick size, that’s a a good clue. Marlboro, beer belly, smug self superior attitude... might be a fudd. Model 98, pre-64 win etc = pinnacle of rifle design... may as well. go get fitted for your stormy Cromer and red and black checkered Woolworth coat.

If your habit is to work the bolt upon firing the rifle - you will soon understand why a bigger handle is superior. If your habit is to NOT work the bolt upon firing the rifle, then you will never know what the bigger handle is for and will only notice that it makes the rifle fit differently in a case. That’s the black and white for the OP- but it sounded like he wasn’t actually asking

I have seen your Stormy Kromer... just sayin'.

Hahaha. It’s different when it’s a fishin hat. Either way it’s My sole concession to fuddyduddyism

Last edited by 175rltw; 01/19/18.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
They sure make it harder to get 8 guns into a 16 gun safe.

You’ve got to remove the bolts to strip out the firing pins anyways. Just store the bolts separately. Then they’re handy when it comes times to put everything back together. The hard part is rembering the secret hiding places for each firing pin.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
What does the J stand for in Elmer J. Fudd? I have two Stormy Cromers and a Woolrich or two. Guess I am a double Fudd.

I was looking to down size my knob and all I can find after market are the four on the floor Hurst shifter styles. Looks like I will have to have one milled down.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
People with small a small penis want something big in their life.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
PTG makes a couple of very low profile teardrop knobs.

T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by liliysdad
PTG makes a couple of very low profile teardrop knobs.

Yes they didn't give the dimensions but looks smaller than the round knob. Looks good too. If rifles were supposed to have gear shifter knobs Paul Mauser would have put them on his rifles. Granted faster from prone positions but I don't shoot prone much.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hanco

Probably could swap a "w" for the "l" in that last word.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by hanco

Probably could swap a "w" for the "l" in that last word.

Get the little lady some hot Dicken's Cider.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That’s why I always drop my old lady off with Lucious and Tyrone on my way out of town. Figure she will just end up over there any way. At least my rifle gives the guys something to gayz at.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I like the big handles....easy to grab

this is a Glade on my Ruger American 300 BLK

[Linked Image]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
They are easier to use from prone. The handles are easier to find and grab when wearing bulky winter gloves. They are easier to manipulate when you are chilled.

They are an option. Some people will not have a need.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Interesting thought process behind the ugliest one on the planet.

Last edited by Higbean; 01/19/18.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

As far as looks go, they do give butter knife handles a run for their money.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have several from Glades Armory. In the above video, he's talking about ergonomics. Does the bolt become part of your hand? Is the bolt handle/rifle made easier to operate with a different shaped handle?

For the overwhelming majority of shooters, the answer is yes.

Not everyone's hands are the same size. Guys with big mitts will tell you the stories of teeny little blt handles and how much of a pain in the butt they are.
Guys who hunt in colder climates (like me) will tell you that when I'm wearing gloves, a bigger handle is so much easier to operate, both the backwards and forwards action.
It's easier to find and retain in low light, or when you need to cycle it quickly.

The decision to use one is an individual choice. They aren't putting these on mass made factory rifles, so don't worry about it. It's another option, like those people who insist on using scopes. shocked

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Some guys just have a problem finding their knob, especially when they can't see it.

laugh laugh laugh laugh

Man, I see couples so obese there AIN'T no way they can meet facing each other. whistle

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tejano
What does the J stand for in Elmer J. Fudd?

J-lock something so stupid only that cartoon fugger could have invented and remington put it into production.

About half the internet sofa-snipers who post pics with their bad bolt knobs and even eviler tripod served bolt guns still sport their old J-lock...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

For a range shooter, wannabe SWAT or Marine sniper they are indeed just the ticket.

For the rest of us, not much....

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've done my share of range shooting from prone with bolt actions, including competitions with double snap and rapid serials. My hands aren't small either - I need a size 2XL in gloves. But yet never once have I thought "I really could use a bigger knob"

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (12344mag, 25classic, 2500HD, 257Bob, 222Sako, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,650 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,294
Posts18,486,965
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.