Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by baltz526
Looked at the trip computer mileage for the fist time in about 6 months on my 07 diesel. it was showing 16.9mpg. I checked it on fill ups during this 6 months and it was always close to 16.5mpg.

When I figured milage by hand it was always 2mpg less than the computer

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by harv3589
Originally Posted by coobie
Originally Posted by harv3589
[quote=coobie][quote=Windfall]They sure have some good deals on those Dodge 2017's in these parts which leads me to believe that guys are buying something else. Just this morning the local dealer is advertising 30% off MSRP sticker price on trucks and that is the most that I have ever heard of. Some years back I bought a nice used F-150 5.4 from the local Dodge dealer and they told me that I could buy a new Dodge truck for the same money. I still bought the Ford and never regretted it.
I own both ford with the 5.4 triton motor and ram with 6.4 hemi.My choice is ram 6.4 hemi hands down.My 5.4 triton motor is a money pit..

the milage got to the point that I couldn't go hunting due to the cost of gas...sorry but not worth having it affects things like that. With gas suppose to jump up $0.18/litre here in January with the new tax making next year will be worse. Don't forget you arent paying the prices we are for gas...today its $1.12/litre for regular, not to mention what mid grade which is what the power wagon is suppose to use.

My ecoboost is was getting better than 23 miles to the gallon cruising the hwy the other day....best I ever got in the power wagon was about 17 and that was only on one trip.

Sorry would rather spend my time getting out to hunt than sitting at home due to cost of a truck

It sounds like you should have bought a car. If you can't afford to drive your vehicles, you're doing something wrong.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by BWalker
Originally Posted by sgt217
Hmmmm.....I know parts of the UP get snow but...Have you ever driven in N WI or N Minnesota? Salt is laid thick and heavy, we can't have people learning how to drive without it, ya know...

I lived in the UP for almost 25 years. Traveled extensively thrrough Northern Wisconsin and Northern MN for work.

It's not even salt anymore. It's a liquid mix that gets put down days before the snow. It doesn't matter if there is 1" or 173" annually. The schit get poured out constantly. You don't have to believe me. But I know right now, the roads are pure white from the chemicals they pour down. And will be til April.

Last edited by tzone; 01/18/18.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
harv3589 mentioned that he got a more cost efficient Ecoboost due to factors that made it hard for him to justify the more-expensive-to run Power Wagon.

I didn't see the mention of a car anywhere, so lets not pontificate & pass judgement here.

It sounds like you should have bought a car. If you can't afford to drive your vehicles, you're doing something wrong.

Low speed, high drag
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
If you can't afford a few dollars in gas to go hunting, you bought the wrong car/truck/motorcycle to start with.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
If you can't afford a few dollars in gas to go hunting, you bought the wrong car/truck/motorcycle to start with.

It was costing me $4.72/gallon for gas in my power wagon, that’s just at today’s prices which aren’t bad...was higher during hunting season. I bet ur not paying our gas prices down there. So at best 13-14 miles per gallon it sucked. Costing me anywhere from $70-100 a day in fuel depending on where I was hunting.

Not mention driving to work was killing me so it had to go...things just cost more here in Canada

Ur right I did buy the wrong truck, that’s why I traded it off...

Rob
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by BWalker
Originally Posted by sgt217
Hmmmm.....I know parts of the UP get snow but...Have you ever driven in N WI or N Minnesota? Salt is laid thick and heavy, we can't have people learning how to drive without it, ya know...

I lived in the UP for almost 25 years. Traveled extensively thrrough Northern Wisconsin and Northern MN for work.

It's not even salt anymore. It's a liquid mix that gets put down days before the snow. It doesn't matter if there is 1" or 173" annually. The schit get poured out constantly. You don't have to believe me. But I know right now, the roads are pure white from the chemicals they pour down. And will be til April.

I get that. But when the salt gets laid down daily it effects how fast your vehicle rots out. The liquid stuff is mag chloride and its much more gentle on steel than sodium chloride MI uses.

Last edited by BWalker; 01/19/18.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The city was spraying the liquid stuff yesterday morning but I don't know why. No snow was in the forecast. We got a little rain but the temps didn't get nearly low enough to freeze it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (16penny, 11point, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 70 invisible), 3,029 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,382
Posts18,469,582
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.