Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
And all those bolts that don’t pass QC end up somewhere.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I don’t believe they manufacture their stuff in house, MM.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

A few years ago I became acquainted with a guy who worked at Colt, he was in QC and inspected parts that were outsourced. He said those parts that didn't pass and were rejected didn't go into the trash, they were shipped back to the mfg who sold them to somebody...

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by TWR
He said those parts that didn't pass and were rejected didn't go into the trash, they were shipped back to the mfg who sold them to somebody...

It's not a failed BCG, it's a whole new thing:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TWR

A few years ago I became acquainted with a guy who worked at Colt, he was in QC and inspected parts that were outsourced. He said those parts that didn't pass and were rejected didn't go into the trash, they were shipped back to the mfg who sold them to somebody...

Sounds like a La Rue method of getting good parts too.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Here ya go. $120 for a BCG from a reputable company. Check out the specifications in this link. They don't just say it's "mil-spec", they even list the specs for the firing pin retaining pin. That's what you're looking for.

https://sonsoflibertygunworks.com/c...-carpenter-sp-hpt-mpi?variant=3084070593

And these guys are the real deal. When Houston flooded a few months ago they rented helicopters and flew in from San Antonio to start doing rescues. Nobody even knew what they were doing until somebody posted a link for a gofundme to help with fuel.

Thanks for that link, i"ll have to bookmark that link. SOunds about like John, gets parts and checks em out and if they are up to snuff, sellls em, if not moves on to another manufacturer.

Good to know about the flooding support too! Thats a good cause for sure. Will have to send them some of my money one of these days!

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
I like these; Toolcraft LINK Toolcraft builds BCGs for a lot of other retailers & manufacturers.

They meet the proper materials and HPT/MPI standards and don't break the bank. Retail is $110.00 though Cryptic Coatings; LINK

Ed

Have been looking at Toolcraft BCG for a pistol build and was wondering if anyone has had good luck with them. Pricing is right.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have never heard of toolcraft. I guess I have spent on average about $200 for a BCG. I don't mind paying more because I know the thing is so close to my eyes and face and moving at a high rate of speed when I fire the gun.

One idiot move I have made was to buy a couple of cheap anderson lowers. I thought they were fine but I began to notice that the geisslee supplied pins would walk out on one side of the lower after firing the gun several hundred rounds. This lower has a DD parts kit in it and an SSA-E. I put the KNS-G on it which has fixed the problem as far as I can tell but I am done with anderson lowers. No other lower that I have has had this issue, even spikes.

We should start a list of parts we have tried that were crap for posterity.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I always thought it was the trigger springs that kept the pins from walking, not the tightness of the holes.

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I have never heard of toolcraft. I guess I have spent on average about $200 for a BCG. I don't mind paying more because I know the thing is so close to my eyes and face and moving at a high rate of speed when I fire the gun.

One idiot move I have made was to buy a couple of cheap anderson lowers. I thought they were fine but I began to notice that the geisslee supplied pins would walk out on one side of the lower after firing the gun several hundred rounds. This lower has a DD parts kit in it and an SSA-E. I put the KNS-G on it which has fixed the problem as far as I can tell but I am done with anderson lowers. No other lower that I have has had this issue, even spikes.

We should start a list of parts we have tried that were crap for posterity.

Dont' think you won't find pin issues with many lowers at times. Its why I own a swage tool for that issue. Had to swage my... wait for this.... COLT lower for a Milazzo trigger. Didn't surprise me I had to on an oly though. Anything we can buy that just slaps together by a trained monkey like myself is going to have some tolerance issues at times. You just have to know how to deal with em.

IC B3

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Milazzo also had you measure pin holes cause he custom fit pins...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
10-4, I fixed it the only way I knew how but I get it, good tolerances like good integrity is rare these days.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TWR
Milazzo also had you measure pin holes cause he custom fit pins...

We did. I wore that reciever out and had to swage it.

And yes, pin keepers work just fine. Just were not legal on service rifles at the time. Or I'd have likely gone that route at the time.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Wearing one out and getting one from the start are two different issues to me.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I still think we need an honest thread where we list everything we have tried and found to be crap.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

243 members (264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 29aholic, 26 invisible), 2,232 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,875
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.