Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Herd immunity.

That what I have against all the "I will never vaccinate my kids" ddickkheads.

Their little angels put my kids at risk.

While the [bleep] benefit from my kids being vaccinated.

You appear to misunderstand what herd immunity is.
How is your vaccinated child at risk from non vaccinated people?

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"Until I’m proven wrong.... I believe that there is a direct correlation between the inoculations given to our children and the much increased rate of Autism! There is much evidence that points that direction. I’m not saying that the “dead” virus or whatever helps us develope a resistance to the disease is at fault.... but potentially the “carriers”, additives, etc. that are also in the vaccine, may be the cause! Example: many if not all have trace amount of mercury in the vaccine....just an example! memtb"

Are you some celebrity idiot? This myth has been disproven many times and is a result of a biased paper which has been disproven and redacted...but keep spreading the idiocy.

People quote rates of 10-36% efficacy...but are probably playing the lottery for 1/1,000,000,000,000 chance to win the cash prize...both influence your life. One financially one with health.

The conspiracy theory against vaccine is so bizarre...does your dog get a rabies vaccine? Have you seen some of the diseases that are prevented by vaccines? Go to a 3rd world country and walk around the public places and witness some of the infirm...many of their maladies are from those illness prevented by vaccinations.

OK, sorry for the rant..I will get off this soap box for some celebrity wannabe to jump on and he/she can spew how they never wore a condom, brushed their teeth, got a vaccine, and smoked 4 packs per day after cutting off the filters and they are just fine...so everyone else should model their behavior.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Because it may prevent you from catching the flu and lessens symptoms if you do.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Because it may prevent you from catching the flu and lessens symptoms if you do.

This^^^.

At the risk of being depressing, read the following at your own peril. smirk

http://www.govtech.com/em/disaster/Flu-Season-Worst-Since-2009-Wwine-Flu-Pandemic.html

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/22/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
IMHO, most vaccines are very effective and worth it.. The flu shot does not fall into that category..

FWIW...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Leaky Diaper, It has “not” been thoroughly disproven! Only said to be disproven.....maybe by those with the same mentality as those who believe in man-made global warming”! Perhaps you would share some of your insight as to what “specifically”, is the primary cause of the exponential rise of autism over the recent past. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Don't think it could have anything to do with the "exponential" rise in the population???

"The more I am around people the better I like my dog." Mark Twain
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Ulvejaeger
Don't think it could have anything to do with the "exponential" rise in the population???

Do the math! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Redneck
IMHO, most vaccines are very effective and worth it.. The flu shot does not fall into that category..

FWIW...

A flu vaccine is nearly as pointless as would be a common cold vaccine. They both mutate at too rapid a rate for a vaccine to be effective enough to justify it. Focus should be on behavioral prevention and treatment.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Ya gotta love those who immediately start yelling "conspiracy theory", in order to shut the opposing side up. Most, if not all conspiracy theories end up being true, sometimes years later, but never the less they become true. Of course, peoples short memory and attention span allows it all to continue. You have either conspiracy or coincidence. Make your choice. I don't believe in coincidences.
If big pharma or the government says its good for you, I have a tendency to go the other way.

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Burp

I Dindo Nuffin
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by EdM
It ain't rocket science. If you choose not to do so... The annual flu shot thread... Do WTF you want and be pleased one way or the other.

Yeah, pretty much. Same folks spout the same tinfoil hat stuff every year.

- the mercury in vaccines cause autism
- Big Pharma makes billions off the vaccines
- the government is trying to poison us all (which makes sense, because they will have more taxes and therefore more power if we're all dead)
- I personally know three people who got the fluvax and came down with flu within 6 hours
- my brother-in-law is a doctor and he has access to secret government files that proves we're all gonna die from the flu vaccine
- the government wants to poison us all to turn us into zombies
- I got flu once after getting the fluvax, which proves it doesn't work
- I have never had a flu shot, and never had flu, which proves it doesn't work
- catastrophic adverse effects from vaccines are proven worse than any of the diseases they're designed to prevent

Did I miss any?

Never mind. Waste of time arguing.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
All of the above.... smile

Just anecdotally, I've never had a flu shot, just the flu a few times, but not in a decade or more.

So it proves having the flu prevents the flu?

Washing your hands a couple dozen times a day seems to work also- and don't wipe your nose or eyes on doorknobs, or kiss anyone that does have the flu, tongue or not.

Last edited by las; 01/22/18.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most people have.never had the flu. Most people think they have had the flu. It's kinda like seasickness. Once you've been there, you'll do everything you can not to repeat it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Most people have.never had the flu. Most people think they have had the flu. It's kinda like seasickness. Once you've been there, you'll do everything you can not to repeat it.

This^^^. People get the crud in their head and it moves to their chest. They miss 3 days of work and take 3 or 4 weeks to get completely over it and proclaim they whipped the flu when they had a bad cold.

I remember having had the flu at age 14. Dayom i wish i had had the innoc before that.

I Dindo Nuffin
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Well, then, I've probably only had the flue twice.... Not enough to bother with the needle I guess.

I consider "having the flu" corresponds with. " two days into recovery you are beginning to hope you will die" - before that, one is too sick to care.

I would not know about seasickness - if I start to feel a little queasy, I eat something and it goes away. Now, admittedly, I haven't been in anything too rough - just a 32' fish strangler in Bristol Bay. If it was an opening, we fished!

Either that, or my bung was so puckered, nothing could go up! smile

Last edited by las; 01/22/18.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
After having the flu long ago and having the doctors giving me shots when i last had pneumonia i will not get any of the shots of the day.

Both my kids are in their 30's and both have kids from 16 to 2.

They are in the medical field and i have m=not asked if they got the shots.

My wife works in a library and after doing stuff with kids all day and all of the folks from mexico and other places i figure we will get some other bug.

Some of the best shots are from kids.
That said if one wants to get the said shot go for it.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Come to think of it, I did get motion sickness once. I was maybe 11 or 12, totally pigged out at the Spring last-day-of-school- picnic until I was miserable.

Then I got on the merry-go-round.

Not a good decision, but memorable!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by memtb
Leaky Diaper, It has “not” been thoroughly disproven! Only said to be disproven.....maybe by those with the same mentality as those who believe in man-made global warming”! Perhaps you would share some of your insight as to what “specifically”, is the primary cause of the exponential rise of autism over the recent past. memtb

Red koolaid, cheetos, cartoons for a babysitter, not enough ass beatings?

Did I win?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by plainsman456
After having the flu long ago and having the doctors giving me shots when i last had pneumonia i will not get any of the shots of the day.

Both my kids are in their 30's and both have kids from 16 to 2.

They are in the medical field and i have m=not asked if they got the shots.

My wife works in a library and after doing stuff with kids all day and all of the folks from mexico and other places i figure we will get some other bug.

Some of the best shots are from kids.
That said if one wants to get the said shot go for it.

Couldn't agree more. Inoculation are more of the same. It's the antibiotics you gotta stay clear of, but as a last resort.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

126 members (44mc, 1936M71, AlanF, admin, 7887mm08, 11 invisible), 2,191 guests, and 933 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,644
Posts18,533,702
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.