-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would block him with my left arm and while he was attached to said arm, I would pull out my assisted open knife with my strong arm and stab him behind the shoulder in the heart multiple times. I would do it as quick as possible to avoid. as much damage as I could to my left arm

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by boatboy
Lots of good info

I agree with those who pointed out
you may win but its probably going to hurt

Hank

it will hurt after the fact, while its going down you won't have time to think about pain.

Absolutely, been there done that.
Stay on you feet use anything you can.
I finally grabbed the lower jaw, squeezed until I could feel my thumb and fingers between the lower jaw bone and twisted the head around as far as I could, and dragged the dog like that until I got through a chain link gate, leaving the mutt inside.
Lower canine made a deep hole in my lower thumb, but like Roger said you don't feel it till later.
Kicking didn't seem to faze the pitbull, I must have kicked that dog 30 to 50 times. a A hard body kick with work boots on held the German shepherd at bay, so I only had to deal with the pitbull.
I'd kill everyone of the sonsabitches if it was up to me

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit. Mike Tyson.

If a pitbull gets ahold of you, you have a very serious problem.

Bite its nose off.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by SBTCO
I have no idea if the following method has been tested or is effective but:

If attack is immanent drop down low enough to prevent the dog from grabbing your legs/crotch area and give the dog your offhand forearm. On impact shove your forearm as far back in the mouth as possible to open up the jaws while wrapping strong side forearm around the back of the dogs head and below the skull. Push and rotate out with weak forearm(in dogs mouth) and pull and rotate toward your chest with strong side arm. The idea is to strain/dislocate/break the neck so the dog either gives up or dies. Keep in mind you're doing this while the dog is thrashing on your arm trying to rip it off. A lot can go wrong, but if its all you got, give it everything you have.

Looks like I was late to the party. Jim in Idaho beat me to it.

Jim Corbett supposedly used a similar tactic to kill an attacking leapord. I still dont understand how he kept the cat in his face from disemboweling him with its hind legs.

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Never really thought about it until this topic was posted,...but now that I have, I think I'd grab its face like it was a bowling ball and pluck its eyeballs out.

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
Originally Posted by gunner500
If the things lunging feed it your weak arm, grab it and dont let go, take it to the ground and try to crush it's ribcage/head with your knees.

My thought exactly. If there are two, you better kill the first one quickly !

Yup, us old fuggers would have to act fast and light years ahead of deliberate, we dont have the wind or strength we once had, and like has been said, you fall down, you're screwed, blued and tattooed!

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Never really thought about it until this topic was posted,...but now that I have, I think I'd grab its face like it was a bowling ball and pluck its eyeballs out.

Thumbing that brain through an eye socket would have to hit a kill switch.

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Make sure you stay on your feet.

Thats what the burglar did when my police friend sent his dog into the dark business. After finding the screaming dimocrap who thought the dog couldnt smell him, then getting the dog off him and getting him cuffed, leo noticed bloody clothing in the perps crotch area. He asked the perp if he was alright (allrite?) and being told he was A OK he decided they best ckeck to make sure a femoral wasnt cut. Perp dropped trou and his nuts followed them to the floor.

Tough perp.

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
If the things lunging feed it your weak arm, grab it and dont let go, take it to the ground and try to crush it's ribcage/head with your knees.

Yup, us old fuggers would have to act fast and light years ahead of deliberate, we dont have the wind or strength we once had, and like has been said, you fall down and you're screwed, blued and tattooed!

that's why it would be best to pop about 3 Glasers from a 45 or a pair of 12 gauge rounds as it came forward at you. But we are not as young dumb and full of cum as we once was

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by PSE
I have been challenged by aggressive dogs in the past and all without exception seem all know the universal signal of reaching down to pick up a rock as if the throw. They all react in the same way - that is to say they back off rather quickly. There doesn't even need to be one there, just reach down and make like your picking one up. They all seem to know instinctively to retreat.

Pits are too dumb to know what a rock is, or care, if they are after you. I had a monster type such killer which didnt know what a truck was, for a little while.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
When I first met and married my wife (of 25 years) she had a big male Pit Bull.
“Boss” was about 100 lbs, and very well behaved and trained.
I had been around other “guard ‘type dogs, Shepherds, Pinchers ect.
I had never met a dog that I wasn’t sure I could kill, one on one no weapons.
After a few months of living with “Boss” I realized that if he wanted to, he could kill me.
I know, all of you guys are way tougher than I was.
Let me tell those of you who do not have experience with a big male Pit Bull, they are a different animal.
He weighed 100 lbs and I weighed about 210.
In a tug of war, he could pull me around the back yard as if he out weighted me 2 to1.
He could crush a large bone (the size of a human femor bone) like it was a potato chip.
He was absolutely immune to pain.

MOLON LABE
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by blanket

Yup, us old fuggers would have to act fast and light years ahead of deliberate, we dont have the wind or strength we once had, and like has been said, you fall down and you're screwed, blued and tattooed!

that's why it would be best to pop about 3 Glasers from a 45 or a pair of 12 gauge rounds as it came forward at you. But we are not as young dumb and full of cum as we once was

Yup, nice thing about living here, NEVER leave home without a gun in my pocket, more times than not I have an AR-10 and banded 20 rounders stoked with 130 gr TSX's in the truck too. smile

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Anaconda
When I first met and married my wife (of 25 years) she had a big male Pit Bull.
“Boss” was about 100 lbs, and very well behaved and trained.
I had been around other “guard ‘type dogs, Shepherds, Pinchers ect.
I had never met a dog that I wasn’t sure I could kill, one on one no weapons.
After a few months of living with “Boss” I realized that if he wanted to, he could kill me.
I know, all of you guys are way tougher than I was.
Let me tell those of you who do not have experience with a big male Pit Bull, they are a different animal.
He weighed 100 lbs and I weighed about 210.
In a tug of war, he could pull me around the back yard as if he out weighted me 2 to1.
He could crush a large bone (the size of a human femor bone) like it was a potato chip.
He was absolutely immune to pain.

as I said he would own your azz

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
While I have no experience with a fearless breed like a pit I have backed down a large doberman with extreme aggression. I saw him coming and ran straight at him yelling obscenities and looking as big as I could. At about 20 feet he turned tail and ran. If one carries through and latches on I will go for the eyes or nose. I can't imagine any dog continuing an attack with a thumb in its eye.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Fugawe
While I have no experience with a fearless breed like a pit I have backed down a large doberman with extreme aggression. I saw him coming and ran straight at him yelling obscenities and looking as big as I could. At about 20 feet he turned tail and ran. If one carries through and latches on I will go for the eyes or nose. I can't imagine any dog continuing an attack with a thumb in its eye.

Same here, never had one latch ahold of me, but yes, scraping and gouging that brain like it's a tub of bean dip couldn't feel good. ;]

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DaveR
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by boatboy

I understand you have to do what you have to do
But if you could have a direction how do you neutralize/defend from a pit or something aggressive like that barehanded?

Im especially interested in answers dealing with a PB attached to another person like a frail old lady or child,
im not sure pickup/body-slams or using ones other free arm to break its neck in a special manoeuvre, applies
in such cases.

Pick it up by it's rear legs and make a wish.

This^^^, then bust its liver/diaphram with a front snap kick like someones life depends on it because it does, and it may be yours.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/23/18.

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Its not about the breed but the dog. I have seen a 35lb cattle dog that is not afraid of grabbing a 2000 lb bull and would rip your nuts off it went for you. And you could do nothing to stop them. A heavily built dog will do some serious damage and a man will not have the means to deal with that without a struggle

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Im thinking if you grabbed its head with both hands it would have its head twisted loose faster than the blink of an eye.

You might feed it your weak arm and dig an eye out with a thumb and if it werent making moves away from that insult you MAY be able to force it through the back of the orbit into the brain.

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Im thinking if you grabbed its head with both hands it would have its head twisted loose faster than the blink of an eye.

You might feed it your weak arm and dig an eye out with a thumb and if it werent making moves away from that insult you MAY be able to force it through the back of the orbit into the brain.

LOL, I'd be trying Jag, but we's gettin old. wink

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by jaguartx

not going to work, imagine a beef leg that does not respond

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (06hunter59, 2500HD, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1Longbow, 64 invisible), 1,889 guests, and 1,070 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,884
Posts18,497,798
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.