Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Update on LH FC copied and pasted from Sitka deer,s post he is at 2018 Shot Show

Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I"m still holding out for a LH Fieldcraft selection

We spoke to Barrett yesterday at some length... his comments ran along the line of "it's too early to start playing with LH because we cannot fill the RH pipeline" or "I know how small the LH segment of the market is and lefties would not be able to afford the incrimental costs of starting LH production now."

I would not recommend holding your breath waiting for LH.

Looks like a Tikka is our best hope for now for a LH 6.5 CM

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My next gun will be a Tikka, it may be a bit heavier but it's not overweight by any means. You know it's going to be dependable and shoot great too.

Thanks for the update.

Gerry.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
So is Tikka coming out with a stainless t3x in 6.5cm? If so, it’s going on my wish list!

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Update on LH FC copied and pasted from Sitka deer,s post he is at 2018 Shot Show

Originally Posted by Sitka deer
I"m still holding out for a LH Fieldcraft selection

We spoke to Barrett yesterday at some length... his comments ran along the line of "it's too early to start playing with LH because we cannot fill the RH pipeline" or "I know how small the LH segment of the market is and lefties would not be able to afford the incrimental costs of starting LH production now."

I would not recommend holding your breath waiting for LH.

Looks like a Tikka is our best hope for now for a LH 6.5 CM

Yeah, pushing those buttons to tell the machine to make a mirror image part is so expensive. I don't know how they'll ever stand the strain.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
I also pinged Barrett on FB messenger back around the first of the year about LH FC's... Got a response about a week later: "No plans at this time." ... Disappointing...

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'm not an expert in manufacturing or CNC programming but there could only be one reason for the increase in the price for LH rifles and that is they can get it. Not having enough time to get a LH line started due to the popularity of the RH line is believable. But that can be fixed with additional shifts.
I'm very disappointed that the left hand offering is likely not going to happen.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
I'm not an expert in manufacturing or CNC programming but there could only be one reason for the increase in the price for LH rifles and that is they can get it. Not having enough time to get a LH line started due to the popularity of the RH line is believable. But that can be fixed with additional shifts.
I'm very disappointed that the left hand offering is likely not going to happen.

Agree with all of your points. My SWAG is that they have hit a production point where they have maxed out currently available resources, are making a reasonable profit, and have decided from a business strategy stand point that they do not want to incur the additional capital costs, nor human capital costs to further expand production. If they are profitably sold out on all of the Right Hand rifles that they can produce, it is a valid business strategy to say "Hey. We're good with the current situation..." Sucks for Left Hand shooters. But, it is an enviable position from the business perspective.

Having said that, I have a LH SS SA Rem 700 action sitting on the shelf. When I finish up the current LH 6.5x55 Mauser project, might think about building a LH 6.5 CM... Or, not...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Thanks for the confirmation, Orion. I fully understand, from a business strategy perspective, why they would not launch a LH line. In no way does this mean I no longer like Barrett but I am deeply disappointed in they told us LH's were coming and now they are not.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the confirmation, Orion. I fully understand, from a business strategy perspective, why they would not launch a LH line. In no way does this mean I no longer like Barrett but I am deeply disappointed in they told us LH's were coming and now they are not.

+1

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I agree completely and have move on. It won't fill the FC niche exactly, but I'll likely grab a Tikka 6.5 CM when they become available.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Yep, it looks official now that they won't ever prodcuce a lh fieldcraft.
Quite a bummer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Screw them for leading us on. Won't look back at them.

Got a notification from Sportsman's Outdoors last night that they had LH Ruger American Predators back in stock for $439, free shipping. Ordered one of those.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I knew that from the start when they pulled the info off their site after 3 days. They certainly got enough response and interest in the LH guns.
What they won't admit is the sales numbers of RH guns don't justify making LH versions.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have moved on and will look elsewhere, you can buy 3 Tikka's here for the price of one FC. They will be just as accurate and only a bit more weight, going to support those who actually make LH guns and not worry about those who changed their minds.

Gerry.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You guys are talking about a left hand Fieldcraft, is this web page a fluke or did they actually have a lefty for sale?

Says they are out of stock, I wonder if they ever even had one or trying to get people to maybe pre order?

https://www.ableammo.com/catalog/ba...stock-stainless-finish-rds-p-153998.html

NEVER GIVE UP
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
That was based on the promise assumed when Barret put them on their website. Many online dealers do that once an item number is set. So, once the item comes in, they just update stock status.

Might as well be listed as a left hand Kimber. About the same hopes for ever seeing one.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

393 members (17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 36 invisible), 1,817 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,394
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.