Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
It's just guilt in general that has been pounded into younger (and a lot of middle aged) people by the education system and TV. Notice how many people look for some reason to feel guilt and mourn about something they had nothing to do with, whether it's some personal relationship (not theirs) gone awry or a tragedy in their community or in the country. My belief is that if I had no hand in causing it, I'm not responsible for it. Period.

Increasing my post count so people will buy stuff from me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by .280Rem

Here's the real kicker...the Dems are masterful at a couple of VERY important things...controlling or setting the narrative, and winning the hearts and minds of the very young through control of the education system. If the conservatives in this country could develop a PR campaign to show all these brown people that they're being imported like slaves, only they've coming here voluntarily to submit to the welfare state...we could stem the tide of the least skilled crossing the boarder. But, just like Remington Firearms...the Republicans suck at marketing. We conservatives get up, go to work, and tend to our families, and depend on the rest of those like us to vote sensibly. Which is why HRC lost to Trump. There's more of us than they know or want to admit, and we're the silent majority. That won't work much longer.

As for Trump and his deal...if he just caves on DACA...it's a battle lost and huge disappointment, but I've got enough confidence in his negotiation abilities to believe that he has held back a couple of aces and is waiting to play them at just the right time. He's only my choice by default to be POTUS...he sucks at a lot of things in the political arena, but he's got the economy on a huge upswing, and he knows how to play hardball in negotiations.

Jim, A couple of things: You can't send the DACA kids back without committing political suicide. Imagine what the Dems can do with video of DACA children heartbroken and crying being stuck on buses to be deported "from the only country they have really ever known"? They'd run ads on TV worst than those damn ASPCA shivering dogs with sad eyes and violin music. It would be political suicide.

Next, how are you going to round them up? Are you going to go school and take them away? What do you do in Leftist controlled states that openly defy ICE on it? No, that is a political loser. GOP would get swept out. We conservatives can dream about it sending them back, but that's not going to happen under any scenario.

The most important thing we have to do is tighten the border. How you going to do that? Congress will not rubber stamp appropriations. You need 60 votes to bring it to the House floor. Ain't gonna happen.

Here's what Trump is doing: He's trading the DACA - who are never getting deported anyway, any shape, any form, ever- for his appropriations. In the mean time, as I pointed above, he is stealing the Dems thunder. The Dems are all ready to to tug at the heartstrings of the masses at the SOTU Address by showing DACA kids that escaped poverty, filth and slum life to come to America. They are going to show older DACAs that are police officers, military, teachers that are productive "Americans" and use that to sway public opinion AGAINST Trump.

Trump can now steal their thunder. At the address, he can point them out and say "I'm giving you a path to citizenship, not Pelosi and Schumer." Where can that go from their for the Dems? They can whine about amnesty, but that will fall flat.

In return Trump ends chain migration, gets his wall, ends the visa lottery and gets the money to toughen up our Southern borders. He's getting all that for free and damaging the Dems. The DACAs are here. They ain't going back. Short of Hitler becoming Chancellor and the SS and Gestapo rounding them up and shipping them all to Tijuana, sending them back is an impossibility.

If anyone thought it was possible to send them back, you didn't think it out. From here, we've got to shut the door! We've got to end the lottery, we've got to end chain migration. Those things alone will stop the bleeding.

One last thought on the Dems wanting the Browning of American and the White Dems thinking they won't be effected - Ha! When the Dem Party completely Browns out, they are history! they will be cast aside and wonder what happened. I'd laugh but we'd have bigger problems.

Hence my take that "he's still got some ace(s) in the hole. He can, IMHO, though not all agree, give in on the DACA folks, but he better damn well win big on another immigration front. I think he will, but many right now don't see how he can do it that way. He can't just say "it was me, not the Dems"...he better have some way to show that he had a choice, AND that he still won on another front. Otherwise, just claiming victory won't work.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by immature
It's just guilt in general that has been pounded into younger (and a lot of middle aged) people by the education system and TV. Notice how many people look for some reason to feel guilt and mourn about something they had nothing to do with, whether it's some personal relationship (not theirs) gone awry or a tragedy in their community or in the country. My belief is that if I had no hand in causing it, I'm not responsible for it. Period.

I was thinking about this earlier today. Isn't it ironic that the left considers these "dreamers" to be here under no fault of their own and the nation swallows it whole, but somehow every white person in that same nation is responsible for slavery and consequently, reparations for the same?

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Re hatari:

As Jag said, spot on.

In addition to the other things, one more thing needs to be added into the mix. Assuming ALL illegal immigration cannot be ended, from this point forward (following settlement of current DACA), "Dreamers" henceforth brought into the US by their illegal immigrant parents get no quarter. They are to be deported along with their alien parents. It's on the parents, and screw "compassion". Full disclosure and notice to future immigration law breakers: no exceptions henceforth. Anchor babies included.

If you are not in US legitimately, your spawn is not a US citizen. OUT!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Yep, get this passed, another SCJ and stop this anchor baby crap.m

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jaguartx
... and stop this anchor baby crap.m
Nothing more important. The Fourteenth Amendment was disingenuously interpreted to mean what is today claimed about it. As it's worded, it has no legal affect on anyone who is already a citizen of any other nation. All people born in the US to parents with a citizenship of another nation are automatically citizens of that nation, and are thus not made US citizens by the Fourteenth Amendment.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I don't hate my own race at all, but hate another. When you see [bleep] like this...day after day, always with the same common denominator. Maybe the denominator today is mail ?

I'ze gotz a pakuch fo' u:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dramatic-v...sion-suspect-disguised/story?id=52629609

Where the f*** has all the mail gone?

http://www.kctv5.com/story/37360864/postal-worker-in-kansas-city-caught-dumping-mail-in-the-woods

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
So Trump is trying to make America white.
Well, America has done pretty well as a white country. Let's see, what countries have come around to be world beaters being run by Latinos.
How about Mexico, that's a real champ.
Now let's see, what countries have risen to the top under black management. Zimbabwe and Kenya come to mind.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
To ALL,

ANYONE, ANYWHERE that believes "NANNY" Pelosi on ANY subject whatever is as STUPID as she & the rest of "the DIMocRATS" so-called LYING "leadership" are.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 6MMWASP, 17 invisible), 1,586 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,919
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.