S
I'm digging the AI magazine version over the rotatory mag

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jk16
Originally Posted by Trystan
Originally Posted by huntsman22
You guys anti-American, or something? What's not to like about AR ergo's? I reckon Boyd's plywood is all the rage to you?

If you don't understand the benefits of laminate then you truly are a stupid phugger!!!

Dave

What " benefits"?

A pound more weight?
Creating the need for a glass bedding job on a rifle that had solid bedding from the box?
A more fragile stock?

I can only speak for myself, but the ergs of the Boyds Heritage stock work so much better for me than the factory specs plastic stock that the change makes the rifles much more user friendly for me. Even though these stocks weigh a whole pound more than the factory plastic stocks, the improvement in balance and fit make them well enough the extra weight for me. I like them well enough that I've bought 5 of them in different laminate colors to go on the 204, 223, 22-250, 243, 6.5 Creedmoor.

I glass bed almost all of my shooter, never do my collectors, so doing an ACRA-GEL job on the Boyds stock isn't a big deal.

I can't see how the Boyds laminated stock would be more fragile than the factory plastic stock.

The most significant negative about the RARs for me is that if you upgrade the stock with a Boyds and the trigger with a Timney the package gets up into the price range that you'd expect to pay for a used stainless Hawkeye in excellent condition.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It becomes a POS with a better stock and trigger. I want my POS's to stay POS's. Nothing against RAR's. I like that little POS.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The new AI-style stock starts making even better sense for a cheapo rifle. I'd just route out a little extra room in the forend for good float, respring the trigger, and have at it......

Now with even more aplomb
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 16bore
It becomes a POS with a better stock and trigger. I want my POS's to stay POS's. Nothing against RAR's. I like that little POS.....

My preferred POS truck gun CF rifle were the Marlin X guns. Good ergs and easily interchanged small-shank Savage specs barrels are common and cheap.

If I was in the market for a POS truck gun in 243, I'd order a Marlin XS7 in 243 from CDNN for $240. I don't know of a better or cheaper POS truck gun, but they are only available in 243 and since that is a "tweener" cartridge, it may not work for everyone.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
It's an easy choice...
If you want a cheap POS that shoots great get a Ruger American.
If you want an expensive POS, get a Kimber.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Salty303
They're but ugly the stock's flimsy and the mag catches with plastic on plastic there's just nothing to like really. But my stainless compact 308 throws little groups and carries like there's nothing there and hasn't done anything wrong including two shots for two deer. Its still junk though. lol

Well you should buy a Boyds stock and add 16 oz. to the weight of your handy dandy lil .308 compact like .260Remguy suggests.. crazy

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
No need to buy a Timney when you can re-spring the trigger with a cheap thinner gauged spring from the hardware store..
IIRC a bag of 4 springs that can be cut in half (netting 8 springs) cost less than $3.00 cdn or about 2 bucks usd..
The result is a 2# trigger or lower..

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by ringworm
It's an easy choice...

Funny, coming from a Steyr-lover.

From the looks of them, most people can't even tell its a rifle sick

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I never thought the trigger was bad, just kept squeezing it. Then again, I've never given a schit about any trigger.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Nrut
They're but ugly the stock's flimsy and the mag catches with plastic on plastic there's just nothing to like really. But my stainless compact 308 throws little groups and carries like there's nothing there and hasn't done anything wrong including two shots for two deer. Its still junk though. lol

Well you should buy a Boyds stock and add 16 oz. to the weight of your handy dandy lil .308 compact like .260Remguy suggests.. crazy

DISCLAIMER: Please note that I'm not making any recommendations to anyone, I am only posting about what I do and what works for me. I clearly recognize that everyone is different and what works well for me may not work as well for anyone else.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 16bore
I never thought the trigger was bad, just kept squeezing it. Then again, I've never given a schit about any trigger.

Some people are easier to please than others.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
Originally Posted by ringworm
It's an easy choice...

Funny, coming from a Steyr-lover.

From the looks of them, most people can't even tell its a rifle sick

Looks are over rated.
Only accurate, reliable rifles have value.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
When NO OTHER RIFLE looks like that, it should tell you something.

And when they have to give them away for $599, that should tell you something too.

Good luck if you ever want to sell one laugh

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Ya I could smile
But I won't with a beat up vx2 3-9x40 and talleys I'm in at about 6 and a half pounds of trailer trash ultralight nirvana crazy

I really wish someone would steal it...

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

Ya I could smile
But I won't with a beat up vx2 3-9x40 and talleys I'm in at about 6 and a half pounds of trailer trash ultralight nirvana crazy

I really wish someone would steal it...

Well aren't you Mr. Fancy Pants having a leupold and Talleys on your RACompact..
I had a leupold 2-7 on mine but it begged for a used 4X Bushnell Banner I had that came with a used rifle I bought some time ago..
Believe it or not the Banner is very clear and the adjustments move the crosshairs way better than any friction adj. leupolds I have..
I maybe become a "Banner" snob..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I went all out super fancy....CDS dial (Cant Dial Schit)

[Linked Image]

Custom ammo loaded into the bag by the lady at Walmart

[Linked Image]

Try and keep up bitches.....all day long if I do my part, blah, blah, dial, squeeze, ding...yadda, yadda, truck gun, BC, blah blah....superphuqqinglightmagnum..

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
16', those Aadland knock-off chinese scope covers are sweet!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
When NO OTHER RIFLE looks like that, it should tell you something.

And when they have to give them away for $599, that should tell you something too.

Good luck if you ever want to sell one laugh

Actually the reason the price came down is because they don't need an importer any longer.
But whatever makes you happy bud.

Just disgusting, huh?
[Linked Image]

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

231 members (12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 2UP, 10Glocks, 26 invisible), 2,096 guests, and 903 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,994
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.