Print Thread
Hop To
U
Uncas Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
Wanted price and available info on custom shop changes. No surprise, the prices are up (a German #4 is $125).
Thinking a scout with G#4 is just what I need.
The bad news...VX3i series need a power/lens change... so add $200 plus the crosshair change charge! The tech said better to order the scope built as you want it rather than a swapperoo on VX3i series.
Sure, it has been a long time since they raised prices...Something to think about if you bought a VX3i bargain and were thinking of custom work.

Watch 'Yer Topknot!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good to know. Though I had no intentions of swapping up anything on my vx3i I just got. It’s a bargain on a decent enough scope a truck gun or safe queen you don’t plan to shoot much. Doing custom anything to it would be like putting lipstick on a pig. wink

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
Good to know. Though I had no intentions of swapping up anything on my vx3i I just got. It’s a bargain on a decent enough scope a truck gun or safe queen you don’t plan to shoot much. Doing custom anything to it would be like putting lipstick on a pig. wink

That's some funny chit right there. True.......but still funny. Yep. Been thinking Id like a Boone and Crocket reticle on the Ackley or the 270. Thought maybe the old swaparoo was in order. Not at those prices. Not in my 3i. Ought to go get a bucket of Weaver 3-9s for a buck and a half each and put one on everything. If one chits the bed throw it away and mount another. No bigger money pit in the industry than scopes.

Last edited by Otter6; 01/31/18.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Did they double the price? Seems like I sent one in last year for a Post and Duplex in a 2.5-8 and it was about $65. That increase will probably put a stop to all the good deal reticle swaps, meaning more purchases at their set pricing from the custom shop.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I don’t like the wind-plex too much, was gonna have them changed. Not now

IC B2

U
Uncas Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
I sent in four scopes. The one and only 3/4 mil dot 6X42 broke both horizontal arms, no replacement available so it is now a 1/2" target dot. The 4X28 was replaced with a new 4X33. The trashed pawn shop VXI was rebuilt to new, The other scope was cleaned checked and returned. About a year and a half ago reticle choices were few and the price was $65 for common changes and more for TMR and the like. Be aware some scopes only have one or two options. (no TMR in a 6X42) Then the tech said a lot of their work was installing WindPlex the other way (up and down MOA hash marks)...for long range .22 rimfire shooters.

Watch 'Yer Topknot!
U
Uncas Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
I have recently bought four WindPlex scopes in fact all five new scopes have been CDS versions
...even the two VXRs are WindPlex CDS.
It is windy in Kansas and we know our wind holds.
On the bench shooting at 4" square bench rest centers is real easy with a WindPlex...you "box" in the square and the horizontal wobble is easy to manage.
Also the first set of large hash marks on a WindPlex span 30" at 300 yards...we have big deer, if the rack is nearly filling the gap we have a situation...

Watch 'Yer Topknot!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Does that mean resale on #4 equipped scopes is $100+ higher?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Otter6
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche

That's some funny chit right there. True.......but still funny. Yep. Been thinking Id like a Boone and Crocket reticle on the Ackley or the 270. Thought maybe the old swaparoo was in order. Not at those prices. Not in my 3i. Ought to go get a bucket of Weaver 3-9s for a buck and a half each and put one on everything. If one chits the bed throw it away and mount another. No bigger money pit in the industry than scopes.

That was partly my thinking when I bought one of Doug's $100 Hawkes for my Grendel. Why spend big money for a scope that's no more reliable than a $200 one, regardless of how nice the "glass" is. I've gone outside the Leupy box three times in the last year; SWFA, Tract, and now Hawke. Looking for a bit more power in something for my 77/22 and am casting a wide net.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ringworm

No

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by ringworm

All depends if the buyer really wants it. If two buyers want it, and it is on an auction, the sky is the limit.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I see they don't even offer a German #1 reticle as an option anymore. That's a shame. I was seriously considering ordering a Gloss FX 4x33 with a #1.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I called about 2 weeks ago to see about getting a Duplex on my VXII, they told me $125. Was going to do two. Decided instead to do 0.

U
Uncas Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
But really, they have not raised prices since... when ever? You get a re-build and custom items at fair prices. Just budget accordingly in buying a older scope to customize.

Watch 'Yer Topknot!
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Oh. I thought the vx3i was “mo betta”.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
G
I called them yesterday to see how much it would cost to add a #4 reticle and cds turret to a 2.5-8x36 vx3i I’m thinking about buying. He told me 200 for the reticle and 150 for an moa turret. I went into cabelas to look at the scope and the factory turret was mushy and sloppy. It all made me change my mind, now I’m looking at different options.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
Did they double the price? Seems like I sent one in last year for a Post and Duplex in a 2.5-8 and it was about $65. That increase will probably put a stop to all the good deal reticle swaps, meaning more purchases at their set pricing from the custom shop.

Maybe that's the idea!

Last edited by Elvis; 03/04/18.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Gee, last time I did a couple of reticles...

several with German # 1s... the cost was $40 ...

guess that was a while ago...

always seems everything goes up in price except most peoples income and wages...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
A friend of mine just had a heavy duplex installed in his vx3i. They priced it to him for $200. When he got it back they only charged him $60.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Elvis
Originally Posted by TxHunter80

Maybe that's the idea!

Yep. Do maybe half the volume (or even less) in reticle swaps for the same net.
Pretty sound business strategy.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

673 members (1minute, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 16penny, 1lessdog, 59 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,844
Posts18,496,917
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.