Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Maybe your bait is making your fish taste like soap?

[Linked Image]

TFF

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
8 pages of stupid.

I've still got it.

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Love cilantro grew up eating it in many dishes (SA,TX). Also like the seeds and ground seeds. I remember a candy treat made from sugar coated coriander seeds. They looked kind of bumpy with a coriander seed in the middle and very hard. Been many decades since I had any. I didn't have fish tacos growing up, never even heard of them, but was introduced to them when living in San Diego, have been making them ever since. Here in CO the wife likes to make them from tilapia, cod, yellow perch, walleye, sunfish and catfish grilled with green chilies. Cilantro on the side because she and my younger son must have THE gene. Tacos and Modelo Negro for me.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by northern_dave
8 pages of stupid.

I've still got it.

grin

Look at the alternatives!

Sean
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just did a 23andme genetic dealy and one of the funny genetic identifiers on there was whether you carry a gene that makes you think cilantro tastes like soap. Guessing some of you have it. I don't

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
There's nothing better than fresh fish tacos heaped with cilantro!

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fish tacos with cilantro are money!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by calikooknic
8 pages of stupid.

I've still got it.

grin

No name calling, nobody run off, no call outs, no personal attacks, no politics and no G'damn 270's. lol

Peace, i'm outa here.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Although I like cilantro in my salsa, I can sympathize with anyone who says it tastes like soap to them. I have a few of those things going on...for instance, blueberries in pie taste faintly like peat to me, but enough to not enjoy it. Diesel jas on odor that resembles the taste of carrots. And tje smell of skunk doesn't bother me much. I've often wondered if I am unique in those regards.

Now, I grew up on the banks of the Rio Grande and have eaten the authentic Mexican food of many cooks, so I consider myself a credible judge of Mexican cuisine...and as far as I'm concerned, if it has fish in it then it AIN'T a taco!

i could make a crack about that last paragraph, but i won't.
i always thought mexican food was the sonoran version around here i grew up with. Until i got edducatted, and bought a cookbook showing the various regions in mexico and the totally different cooking styles.
my first experience was in san diego probably 30 years ago eating some mexican stuff popular along the coast of mexico, such as shrimp tacos, fish tacos, and so on. The cheese used was not the cheddar typically used around here, but a white cheese, and the cooking was much milder than here. As far as texas, they eat those horrible mashed black beans there that look like they came out of a babies diaper. Everybody knows it's pintos where it's at.
as far as mexican beer is concerned, there is a reason the illegals drink bud lite.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After some side discussions on these two "food products", I've decided to clear things up.

This is cilantro.

[Linked Image]

This is fish taco.

[Linked Image]

This is not open for debate.

Good day.

Classic!

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B3

B
BWS Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Not that there's anyone on here that actually works for a living,but have you ever been digging a hole and smelled Ivory soap?Well,I'm not sure what the wife has been using for personal protection?...or if it's some new scent du jour?..but something in our front living room stinks like ivory soap?Too smart to ask her about it but.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Although I like cilantro in my salsa, I can sympathize with anyone who says it tastes like soap to them. I have a few of those things going on...for instance, blueberries in pie taste faintly like peat to me, but enough to not enjoy it. Diesel jas on odor that resembles the taste of carrots. And tje smell of skunk doesn't bother me much. I've often wondered if I am unique in those regards.

Now, I grew up on the banks of the Rio Grande and have eaten the authentic Mexican food of many cooks, so I consider myself a credible judge of Mexican cuisine...and as far as I'm concerned, if it has fish in it then it AIN'T a taco!

i could make a crack about that last paragraph, but i won't.
i always thought mexican food was the sonoran version around here i grew up with. Until i got edducatted, and bought a cookbook showing the various regions in mexico and the totally different cooking styles.
my first experience was in san diego probably 30 years ago eating some mexican stuff popular along the coast of mexico, such as shrimp tacos, fish tacos, and so on. The cheese used was not the cheddar typically used around here, but a white cheese, and the cooking was much milder than here. As far as texas, they eat those horrible mashed black beans there that look like they came out of a babies diaper. Everybody knows it's pintos where it's at.
as far as mexican beer is concerned, there is a reason the illegals drink bud lite.
never had black beans but pintos are a staple around here.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think Ron may be referring to refried beans. Real refrieds are made with pinto beans. Some places serve black beans with a "Mexican" meal...I think it's a perversion. Yuppie Mexican food has spread all over the nation and many people have no idea what the real thing is. Tacos are not made with soft flour tortialls, and gorditas ain't nuthin like what Taco Bell tries to sell you as a gordita.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Coriandrum sativum- IS Chinese Parsley, IS Cilantro, IS Coriander

Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Chinese parsley is NOT cilantro. They look similar, but taste very different. It is not uncommon for parsley, Chinese parsley, and cilantro to be available here at the same time.

Believe whatever you like... I strongly support your right to be wrong!
wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by calikooknic
8 pages of stupid.

I've still got it.

grin

No name calling, nobody run off, no call outs, no personal attacks, no politics and no G'damn 270's. lol

Peace, i'm outa here.

Laughing! You got it for sure!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Cilantro is a cool name. I don't want it to be gross, it just is.

Pfft, cilantro sounds like cats wiz.

Call it by its real name - Coriander, & it'll taste better !

wink

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Coriandrum sativum- IS Chinese Parsley, IS Cilantro, IS Coriander

Chinese parsley is NOT cilantro. They look similar, but taste very different. It is not uncommon for parsley, Chinese parsley, and cilantro to be available here at the same time.

Believe whatever you like... I strongly support your right to be wrong!
wink

I did not realize so many places have these confused... Chinese parsley is not the same plant, but rather a cultivar of a celery which is different from the usual celery you will find in your local grocery. Based on the number of totally wrong websites it is easy to see how someone could mix up reality...

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

So what is the diff...between Parsley and Pussy???

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Certifiable
There's nothing better than fresh fish tacos heaped with cilantro!

Dilly Dilly

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by cisco1

So what is the diff...between Parsley and Pussy???

cisco1,

Boy is that an OLD one! crazy

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 60 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,518
Posts18,490,962
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.