N
noKnees Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
see story

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ile-for-bankruptcy-sources-idUSKBN1FT04C

Exclusive: U.S. gunmaker Remington seeks financing to file for bankruptcy: sources
Andrew Berlin, Jessica DiNapoli

3 Min Read

(Reuters) - Remington Outdoor Company Inc, one of the largest U.S. makers of firearms, has reached out to banks and credit investment funds in search of financing that will allow it to file for bankruptcy, people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
FILE PHOTO: People look over Remington rifles and shotguns during the annual SHOT (Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Trade) Show in Las Vegas January 15, 2013. REUTERS/Las Vegas Sun/Steve Marcus

The move comes as Remington reached a forbearance agreement with its creditors this week following a missed coupon payment on its debt, the sources said. The company has been working with investment bank Lazard Ltd (LAZ.N) on options to restructure its $950 million debt pile, Reuters reported last month.

Remington is seeking debtor-in-possession financing that will allow it to fund is operations once it files for bankruptcy, the sources said. The size of the financing and timing of Remington’s bankruptcy plans could not be learned.

Some potential financing sources, including credit funds and banks, have balked at coming to Remington’s aid because of the reputation risk associated with such a move, according to the sources.

Remington, which is controlled by buyout firm Cerberus Capital Management LP, was abandoned by some of Cerberus’ private equity fund investors after one of its Bushmaster rifles was used in the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting in Connecticut in 2012 that killed 20 children and six adults.

The sources asked not to be identified because the deliberations are confidential. Remington did not respond to several requests for comment. Cerberus declined to comment.

Credit rating agencies have warned that Remington’s capital structure is unsustainable given its weak operating performance and significant volatility in the demand for firearms and ammunition.
Lazard Ltd54.23
LAZ.NNew York Stock Exchange
-2.91(-5.09%)
LAZ.N

LAZ.N

Remington’s sales have declined in part because of receding fears that guns will become more heavily regulated by the U.S. government, according to credit ratings agencies. President Donald Trump has said he will “never, ever infringe on the right of the people to keep and bear arms.”

The Madison, North Carolina-based gun manufacturer faces a maturity of an approximately $550 million term loan in 2019. Remington also has $250 million of bonds that come due in 2020 and are trading at a significant discount to their face value at around 16 cents on the dollar, according to Thomson Reuters data, indicating investor concerns about repayment.

The term loan maturing next year is also trading at a significant discount to full value, at around 50 cents on the dollar, the sources said.

Remington’s sales plunged 27 percent in the first nine months of 2017, resulting in a $28 million operating loss.

Reporting by Andrew Berlin in New York and Jessica DiNapoli in Las Vegas; Editing by Cynthia Osterman
Our Standards:The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Maybe someone that actually enjoys firearms and hunting will acquire them. Cerberus or whatever has been a blight on the company from the start.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are a lot of ways to fail in business.
Making junk is a great way to start. What a shame to see a proud old American Co. go down this path.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Too many MBA’s, not enough gun looneys

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Calling what they make "junk" is really being hard on junk it self. Their quality could not be worse, I wouldn't be proud enough to leave one of their rifles in my barn.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Apparently borrowing a BILLION dollars might be another way!

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Or build Model 70s...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It was inevitable. Cerebus allowed their investors to pull out when they couldn't get a quick flip, then saddled the company with debt in anticipation of big sales after Hillary got elected. That didn't happen and their cash flow can't meet their debt service. Hopefully somebody buys them and moves them to Wyoming.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 02/08/18.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
N
noKnees Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
I am not too sure I would miss anything built by remington, but I hope Marlin emerges out of this.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by noKnees
I am not too sure I would miss anything built by remington, but I hope Marlin emerges out of this.

Who else did they gobble up?

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Dang. I like Remington stuff.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
They managed to obama the 870 up for God's sake, moving production to schitt hole countries and then expecting quality production is only a good idea in a bean counters eye.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Maybe someone that actually enjoys firearms and hunting will acquire them. Cerberus or whatever has been a blight on the company from the start.

Cerberus has been a blight on any company they have acquired. Corporate raiders with no intrest in the underlying product or service. Those actively managing Remington have been asleep at the wheel.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by jimy
They managed to obama the 870 up for God's sake, moving production to schitt hole countries and then expecting quality production is only a good idea in a bean counters eye.

What manufacturing did Remington move to a chit-hole country?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Didn't they just purchase Barnes Bullets?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by GunReader
Originally Posted by noKnees

Who else did they gobble up?

Dakota, Barnes, Bushmaster, DPMS and a few more.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Originally Posted by jimy

What manufacturing did Remington move to a chit-hole country?

The U.S.

N
noKnees Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by scottishkat
Didn't they just purchase Barnes Bullets?

That could suck

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
$350 ADL's with $1000 worth if barrel, stock and trigger still a good way to go. Sometimes you get lucky and font even have to have the barrel.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'm still waiting for my $100 rebate on their neat RM 380 pistol.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 22250rem, 1234, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,161 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,367
Posts18,506,485
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.