Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TEM
No, there is no misunderstanding. I guess it's my bad. I will never buy anything else from anyone if they don't take PayPal. It makes no sense why someone would not do PayPal! I have a telephone and email address. Under this condition, what good are they. You are totally wrong about buying a gun with PayPal

Hey TEM, you best read up on that. It is prohibited per PayPal's rules and regs that you agree to when signing up. You know that jibberish no one ever reads when setting up anything anymore. There are many reports of PayPal figuring out it has been used for a gun related purchase and then freezing the account AND any bank accounts associated with it. Google it and learn. Many horror stories. Why do you think PayPal isnt allowed on GunBroker?

PayPal has a very anti-gun position. For these reasons the informed gun traders refuse to accept PayPal, and if they do they demand it been done "discretely", which means absolutely no words in the memo section. That's how PayPal finds out its gun related. They have programs scanning for such language as gun manuf, models, keywords, etc.

And give your Trade some more time, its still early in the process. Good luck

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
landlord44

cut his nuts out!

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Other than the 17 I just bought I always speak with the seller on the phone before committing to buy a firearm on here. You can vet a pretty good idea of the type of person you are dealing with.
I assume you have a mailing address? If so why not call the police in that town and tell them what's up?

Hope it works out for the OP.

landlord44 was last active 47 minutes ago.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 02/10/18.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
T
TEM Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Since it out, his so called name is Nelson Clyde. Please someone tell me you know him. PLEASE TELL ME

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by 257heaven
If paypal knows you're buying or selling guns or gun parts, they will shut down your account immediately. Trust me....I have some direct experience with that.

ETA: I have no idea how paypal can allow gun parts purchases through ebay, but otherwise....they are banned. I guess because ebay owns them and they make more money from it.

I'm like you in that I don't understand why PP allows buying/selling of firearms parts through eBay, however, if I understand it correctly eBay and PP split ways a year or 2 ago. In fact, I got a message a few days ago from eBay announcing that they were going to be using a new pay system/company in the next year or 2. In fact, here is a quote from that message. "We have signed an agreement with Adyen, a leading global payments processor, to become our primary payments processing partner. PayPal, a long-time eBay partner, will be a payments option at checkout for eBay buyers."

I sell fishing lures on eBay and suspect that eBay will get more money from Adyen than PP on this deal.

Also-I see on Gunbroker where a number of Sellers accept PP. So, even though PP no doubt stops some exchanges I suspect that when one sells on a forum like this the likelihood of PP catching that it is a firearm is slim. But, that is just my opinion. If though, something goes wrong and there is a problem with the delivery and if it becomes exposed that it is a firearm in question, all bets are off.

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Good luck.....he has 111 posts......all this month. In very random forums. Ive sniffed out scammers before and this is their exact MO. Did he ask for tracking info with payment?

Last edited by warpig602; 02/10/18.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
This guy was classic! 111 posts in the last 16 days in many different forums, but not one in the classifieds. Take a good look at his first 100 posts, many with broken english. Then in the last week he posts 3 high ticket items in the classifieds, and two are purchased! I just hope they can catch and prosecute this [bleep]!

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
I bet his telephone number doesnt match his forum location either.

T
TEM Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
10 gauge mag, how can you tell he posted 47 minutes ago. Thanks

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TEM
Since it out, his so called name is Nelson Clyde. Please someone tell me you know him. PLEASE TELL ME

No way to confirm and I may be jumping to conclusions but that name (rearranged) rang a bell and I wondered if Nelson might be a middle name - Clyde Nelson Voorhees....

This guy has been scamming folks on other sites and one gentleman made reference here in the classifieds a few months back.
Might be coincidence, might not. Shame on me if it is but.....

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Illinois/Winnebago-County-IL/Clyde-Nelson-Voorhees.54783185.html

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?756826-Clyde-Voorhees-(lagatah)-is-a-THIEF!!!

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?p=60062074

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TEM

Go to his profile page.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by TEM

Not posted, but he was online. He obviously is looking to see if he has been outed yet, before he can scam someone else in the classifieds!!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by TEM

No way to confirm and I may be jumping to conclusions but that name (rearranged) rang a bell and I wondered if Nelson might be a middle name - Clyde Nelson Voorhees....

This guy has been scamming folks on other sites and one gentleman made reference here in the classifieds a few months back.
Might be coincidence, might not. Shame on me if it is but.....

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Illinois/Winnebago-County-IL/Clyde-Nelson-Voorhees.54783185.html

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?756826-Clyde-Voorhees-(lagatah)-is-a-THIEF!!!

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?p=60062074

I would bet on it!

Last edited by lightning; 02/10/18.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Don't know where the info came from that Cashier's Checks can have a stop payment placed on them. My bank's branch manager told me that since they are guaranteed funds they cannot have a stop payment placed on them. The only exception to that is if the check is lost and there is a 30 day waiting period on that. Perhaps it's different from state to state but that's the law where I live.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So what's the address you sent the money to?

PO box?

Black Cows Matter!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Where did you send the check?
I would think a call to local PD is in order. Although they may tell you to wait a bit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does anyone know if jcm got that scope? I called seconds on it, and the guy PM's me and said the buyer backed out, and it was mine if I wanted it. I passed, because he wouldn't do paypal AND I had a bad feeling about his answers. I kinda thought the guy might be Larry Root, but SKane is smarter than me.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Close one Huntsman,he was probably trying to double down,
while I hope we are overthinking this,I have had great luck on these classified,but there's always a turd in the punch bowl.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm grabbin another IPA and some popcorn

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I wouldn’t buy from anyone with 111 posts, scammer or not.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1OntarioJim, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 1234, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,230 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,926
Posts18,479,807
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.