Home
Posted By: TEM Problems with forum member - 02/10/18
I know this probably isn't the right place, but where do I go? I bought a gun from a forum member. I send him a cashiers check, that he received last Friday. A week ago Friday. I've been able to communicate with him a little. I haven't heard from him since Thursday. How do a contact moderator on this site. What should I do
No moderators here. See if you can get his phone number and call him.
I send my number to everyone I buy/sell with. Sometimes things come up and it's difficult to get a message out, but I can make or receive a call on the run.
Hate to hear that. Hopefully it’ll all work out.

Posted By: Fullfan Re: Problems with forum member - 02/10/18
Where does the seller live ?
With bigger more expensive purchases its good to get phone number and email address for communications in case something comes up that your away from forum access.

However it sounds like a short period of time to me, give trading partner a chance, work , sickness, and vacation all play a roll in our daily lives.

Also, look at this persons previous posts, perhaps you will find some other people that he did some trading with and have some contact information on this person
Posted By: TLB2 Re: Problems with forum member - 02/10/18
Cashiers check are sometimes held for a few days to make sure they clear. If thats the case, seller should have told you that.

good communication is a must !

hopefully all goes well with your deal !
Before buying check when they joined, how many post they have, and their previous sales posts. Otherwise, sales are on the honor system.
Posted By: Tracks Re: Problems with forum member - 02/10/18
If it's the rifle I think it is, he quoted a price for a face to face sale in Montana, you seem to have offered to buy at that price shipped.
Maybe some misunderstanding?
I would give it a little more time. He might have already shipped it. Some people on here are lacking in communication skills. I've had stuff shipped to me with no tracking #'s. Plus things get mixed in shipping and take the long way.
Cashier's checks are guaranteed funds, no need to hold them. The seller will get paid no matter what, the buyer cannot stop payment and the bank would not issue the check if the buyer did not have sufficient funds to cover it.
Cashier's checks CAN have a stop payment issued on them. They just verify that the funds are in the account when they are typed up. I wait for them to clear before shipping.

Posted By: TEM Re: Problems with forum member - 02/10/18
No, there is no misunderstanding. I guess it's my bad. I will never buy anything else from anyone if they don't take PayPal. It makes no sense why someone would not do PayPal!
On a Cashier's Check or Bank Check, you can have the teller call when you're depositing to make sure they are legit. But I still wouldn't ship before it clears.
You cannot use PayPal for firearms.
No, there is no misunderstanding. I guess it's my bad. I will never buy anything else from anyone if they don't take PayPal. It makes no sense why someone would not do PayPal! I have a telephone and email address. Under this condition, what good are they. You are totally wrong about buying a gun with PayPal
If paypal knows you're buying or selling guns or gun parts, they will shut down your account immediately. Trust me....I have some direct experience with that.

ETA: I have no idea how paypal can allow gun parts purchases through ebay, but otherwise....they are banned. I guess because ebay owns them and they make more money from it.
Does anyone know who JCMCUBIC is? If he sent any money for the scope. He got f&@ked too. If you know him, please give him a heads up
The Scammers call name is landlord44, and he has items for sale in the "classifieds" as we speak! Hope no one else gets scammed by this Prick, and I hope he meets face to face with TEM someday, he's not going to like the outcome!
Originally Posted by TEM
No, there is no misunderstanding. I guess it's my bad. I will never buy anything else from anyone if they don't take PayPal. It makes no sense why someone would not do PayPal! I have a telephone and email address. Under this condition, what good are they. You are totally wrong about buying a gun with PayPal

Hey TEM, you best read up on that. It is prohibited per PayPal's rules and regs that you agree to when signing up. You know that jibberish no one ever reads when setting up anything anymore. There are many reports of PayPal figuring out it has been used for a gun related purchase and then freezing the account AND any bank accounts associated with it. Google it and learn. Many horror stories. Why do you think PayPal isnt allowed on GunBroker?

PayPal has a very anti-gun position. For these reasons the informed gun traders refuse to accept PayPal, and if they do they demand it been done "discretely", which means absolutely no words in the memo section. That's how PayPal finds out its gun related. They have programs scanning for such language as gun manuf, models, keywords, etc.

And give your Trade some more time, its still early in the process. Good luck
landlord44

cut his nuts out!
Other than the 17 I just bought I always speak with the seller on the phone before committing to buy a firearm on here. You can vet a pretty good idea of the type of person you are dealing with.
I assume you have a mailing address? If so why not call the police in that town and tell them what's up?

Hope it works out for the OP.

landlord44 was last active 47 minutes ago.

Since it out, his so called name is Nelson Clyde. Please someone tell me you know him. PLEASE TELL ME
Originally Posted by 257heaven
If paypal knows you're buying or selling guns or gun parts, they will shut down your account immediately. Trust me....I have some direct experience with that.

ETA: I have no idea how paypal can allow gun parts purchases through ebay, but otherwise....they are banned. I guess because ebay owns them and they make more money from it.

I'm like you in that I don't understand why PP allows buying/selling of firearms parts through eBay, however, if I understand it correctly eBay and PP split ways a year or 2 ago. In fact, I got a message a few days ago from eBay announcing that they were going to be using a new pay system/company in the next year or 2. In fact, here is a quote from that message. "We have signed an agreement with Adyen, a leading global payments processor, to become our primary payments processing partner. PayPal, a long-time eBay partner, will be a payments option at checkout for eBay buyers."

I sell fishing lures on eBay and suspect that eBay will get more money from Adyen than PP on this deal.

Also-I see on Gunbroker where a number of Sellers accept PP. So, even though PP no doubt stops some exchanges I suspect that when one sells on a forum like this the likelihood of PP catching that it is a firearm is slim. But, that is just my opinion. If though, something goes wrong and there is a problem with the delivery and if it becomes exposed that it is a firearm in question, all bets are off.
Good luck.....he has 111 posts......all this month. In very random forums. Ive sniffed out scammers before and this is their exact MO. Did he ask for tracking info with payment?
This guy was classic! 111 posts in the last 16 days in many different forums, but not one in the classifieds. Take a good look at his first 100 posts, many with broken english. Then in the last week he posts 3 high ticket items in the classifieds, and two are purchased! I just hope they can catch and prosecute this [bleep]!
I bet his telephone number doesnt match his forum location either.
10 gauge mag, how can you tell he posted 47 minutes ago. Thanks
Posted By: SKane Re: Problems with forum member - 02/10/18
Originally Posted by TEM
Since it out, his so called name is Nelson Clyde. Please someone tell me you know him. PLEASE TELL ME

No way to confirm and I may be jumping to conclusions but that name (rearranged) rang a bell and I wondered if Nelson might be a middle name - Clyde Nelson Voorhees....

This guy has been scamming folks on other sites and one gentleman made reference here in the classifieds a few months back.
Might be coincidence, might not. Shame on me if it is but.....

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Illinois/Winnebago-County-IL/Clyde-Nelson-Voorhees.54783185.html

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?756826-Clyde-Voorhees-(lagatah)-is-a-THIEF!!!

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?p=60062074
Originally Posted by TEM

Go to his profile page.
Originally Posted by TEM

Not posted, but he was online. He obviously is looking to see if he has been outed yet, before he can scam someone else in the classifieds!!
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by TEM

No way to confirm and I may be jumping to conclusions but that name (rearranged) rang a bell and I wondered if Nelson might be a middle name - Clyde Nelson Voorhees....

This guy has been scamming folks on other sites and one gentleman made reference here in the classifieds a few months back.

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Illinois/Winnebago-County-IL/Clyde-Nelson-Voorhees.54783185.html

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?756826-Clyde-Voorhees-(lagatah)-is-a-THIEF!!!

I would bet on it!
Don't know where the info came from that Cashier's Checks can have a stop payment placed on them. My bank's branch manager told me that since they are guaranteed funds they cannot have a stop payment placed on them. The only exception to that is if the check is lost and there is a 30 day waiting period on that. Perhaps it's different from state to state but that's the law where I live.
So what's the address you sent the money to?

PO box?
Posted By: rong Re: Problems with forum member - 02/11/18
Where did you send the check?
I would think a call to local PD is in order. Although they may tell you to wait a bit.
Does anyone know if jcm got that scope? I called seconds on it, and the guy PM's me and said the buyer backed out, and it was mine if I wanted it. I passed, because he wouldn't do paypal AND I had a bad feeling about his answers. I kinda thought the guy might be Larry Root, but SKane is smarter than me.
Posted By: rong Re: Problems with forum member - 02/11/18
Close one Huntsman,he was probably trying to double down,
while I hope we are overthinking this,I have had great luck on these classified,but there's always a turd in the punch bowl.
I'm grabbin another IPA and some popcorn
I wouldn’t buy from anyone with 111 posts, scammer or not.
Originally Posted by BradArnett
I'm grabbin another IPA and some popcorn

Damn! All I got is Ultra. Not enough alcohol content in Ultra for a thread like this!
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Don't know where the info came from that Cashier's Checks can have a stop payment placed on them. My bank's branch manager told me that since they are guaranteed funds they cannot have a stop payment placed on them. The only exception to that is if the check is lost and there is a 30 day waiting period on that. Perhaps it's different from state to state but that's the law where I live.

I work at a bank and I checked one time and was told that a stop payment could be issued for a customer. We ended up not doing it. Yes...there may be different types of "cashier's checks" and laws may vary. Not sure about that.

I won't take any chances on stuff I sell.
A stop payment doesn't do any good if the guy cashes the check as soon as he gets it.
I ALWAYS give my phone number & e-mail with my information when buying or selling, and expect the same from anyone I’m dealing with. Communication is essential. Number of posts are not necessarily a factor, as there are a lot of newbies around, BUT it certainly requires communication prior to consummating the deal. Good luck.
Posted By: blanket Re: Problems with forum member - 02/11/18
this is not the first time for this chitbird.
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
A stop payment doesn't do any good if the guy cashes the check as soon as he gets it.

Correct. The bank that issued would cash it.
Posted By: TEM Re: Problems with forum member - 02/11/18
Got if from a credit union and u can not stop payment on it for 90 days. It is a guarantee funds and they have too honor that
Any bank would cash it. The only thing they might do is call and check routing number and because it is guaranteed funds, if someone called they would cash it either way
Posted By: TLB2 Re: Problems with forum member - 02/11/18
What city and state does he live in?
Burn his f'n house down, shoot his dog and screw his mother.
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Does anyone know if jcm got that scope? I called seconds on it, and the guy PM's me and said the buyer backed out, and it was mine if I wanted it. I passed, because he wouldn't do paypal AND I had a bad feeling about his answers. I kinda thought the guy might be Larry Root, but SKane is smarter than me.

I can say with 100% certainty that JCM didn't back out. Postal MO was sent to him and he received it.
well, crap.....
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Given what this guys mug shot looks like, I'm going to pass on the suggestion of what to do with his mother.
Originally Posted by warpig602
Good luck.....he has 111 posts......all this month. In very random forums. Ive sniffed out scammers before and this is their exact MO. Did he ask for tracking info with payment?

I was going to agree that 111 posts is pretty light to do business with and then I looked at my own post total. frown
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind

I was going to agree that 111 posts is pretty light to do business with and then I looked at my own post total. frown

I think join date is more important that the number of posts. I for one lurk a lot, just do not post much.
I wish one of these scammers would get the ever loving schidt kicked out of 'em. I detest a thief.

Was the cashier's check sent to an address or a PO BOX.
And yet, 90,000 posts pisses off so many c*nts.
I still can't believe how many gun owners will use Pay Pal. Screw them bastards.

Sorry to hear you got scammed TEM.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

lol
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Problems with forum member - 02/11/18
My mom died Jan.1, was buried Jan 4. She applied for 3 credit cards sometime in between. Got the letters in the mail within days of the funeral. The investigator we talked to said he sees it every day. Scammers read the obits in the paper. We're thinking it had to be someone at the nursing home, no one else had my brothers home address where the letters were sent.
Posted By: add Re: Problems with forum member - 02/11/18
Originally Posted by TEM

Iffin this is the fella from the above link... the Op's worries are over.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: J23 Re: Problems with forum member - 02/11/18
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I wish one of these scammers would get the ever loving schidt kicked out of 'em. I detest a thief.

Was the cashier's check sent to an address or a PO BOX.

That's what I was wondering.
any time you are nervous about a purchase insist on the seller sending from an FFL holder.

Not one of them will risk his license on a fraudulent transaction. Plus if you get ATF into the game someone is going to jail.

I have bought and sold much on several forums, and at times I vet the seller several ways.

Alos Postal Money Order fraud can bring on the Feds, I think.

HM
I know I am rather new around here, but I always look at post count. Even after I say I will take it, I will go through the seller's past posts to get an idea of what kind of people they are and how long they have been around. I am sorry to say but if I get the slightest idea that I am going to get shafted, I will back out of a deal, and I send a PM or email explaining what I am thinking and feeling. We will either work out other arrangements, or I walk away. Even if it means that my credibility gets called into question.

Just saw an item I might be interested in, but the low post count, the fact that all posts have been in the classifieds, and of course reading this thread, I will pass on that item or now.

I hate that this stuff happens, hope it turns out for the better. Hope the OP did not really get shafted and there is a reason he has not been in communication.
Posted By: blanket Re: Problems with forum member - 02/11/18
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12189863/1
SKane is dead on the the money. We have been fu&@ked because Voorhes is who signed for my check. Not Nelson Clyde.
Posted By: SD300 Re: Problems with forum member - 02/11/18
That sucks. Sorry to hear that.
Guys if you look at me. I joined in 10/17/2017 and I have made several purchases and had no issues and I promise you, no one has had any trouble with me. I did exactly as I said and what people wanted me to do. I bet I've made as many purchases in 4 months than most make in a year or longer. Look and see. I do a good bit on Aldeer and Pensacola Fishing Forum
Cashier's checks are guaranteed funds, no need to hold them. The seller will get paid no matter what, the buyer cannot stop payment and the bank would not issue the check if the buyer did not have sufficient funds to cover it.

My bank held funds from a USPS MO despoiled on Sunday until the following Tuesday. I don’t agree with the practice, but I’m sure they have to verify counterfeit.
Posted By: JWL3 Re: Problems with forum member - 02/11/18
If the same TEM on the Aldeer site then he’s a good guy. Hope u get the scammer.
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Problems with forum member - 02/11/18

Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

I can say with 100% certainty that JCM didn't back out. Postal MO was sent to him and he received it.

Thats not good. He will get whats coming to him, that I am assured.
this vorhees [bleep] is in a world of [bleep] if he still lives in winnebago county illinois, I live in winnebago county, and im friends with a WHOLE lot of county cops, detectives, and circuit court judges who would love to send a [bleep] like this to prison for wire fraud.
i have seen that guy's picture before, i don't think he new to the campfire.
I think he now lives in Iowa City, IA. Look at him on Facebook, he ain't nothing but a pot headed piece of [bleep]
Originally Posted by acooper1983
this vorhees [bleep] is in a world of [bleep] if he still lives in winnebago county illinois, I live in winnebago county, and im friends with a WHOLE lot of county cops, detectives, and circuit court judges who would love to send a [bleep] like this to prison for wire fraud.

acooper, I hope so. But as long as this guy has been at scamming and they haven't done anything to him yet, I have to wonder. But again, I sincerely hope they nail him to the wall.
Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Given what this guys mug shot looks like, I'm going to pass on the suggestion of what to do with his mother.

Yeah...I can't see that ending well---at all.

lol
Posted By: Mac1978 Re: Problems with forum member - 02/11/18
And the cavemen still chant “screw PayPal”... because the usps is so pro 2nd amendment. Walk into your local post office and tell them you’re mailing a gun, it’s quite entertaining.
I personally think the best part of him ran down his Mama's leg
Posted By: Mull Re: Problems with forum member - 02/11/18
Looks Like a Real Winner...Hope You Get Some Justification.. I'd Be Taking a Road Trip.. Mac1978. I Mail Thru USPS All The Time And Never Had a Bit Of Trouble. In Fact I Sold The Post Master a Youth 700 In 243. He's Always Asking, What I'm Buying And Selling..
Originally Posted by TAGLARRY

Alex, I'll take 111 Posts for $111.00.

Alex: How many posts does one need for TAGLARRY to buy from them?

What is 111 posts plus one.
Originally Posted by TEM
SKane is dead on the the money. We have been fu&@ked because Voorhes is who signed for my check. Not Nelson Clyde.
You need to go after the financial institution that cashed your check if it was endorsed by a different name than who the check was made out to. Get the bank involved that your check was made through, and get your money back.
Sorry guys this sucks. It really casts a crap light on newer guys like me.i have bought and sold online for years but only a few deals here. Some good suggestions above though. Get a phone number and call them if your uncomfortable at all! Also I am ok with reference from other sites but I will verify them!
SKane: Nice job! Can’t say for sure you’re 100% on identifying this Fu*ker! But, I would say you’re 99% right. Detective in a former life?

At some point I will be buying and selling on the Fire 🔥. As a rule with me in buying and selling. I always ask the seller to provide me a picture doing something, I “specifically” ask them to do with the item I’m buying. Like, send me a picture of the rifle with the bolt open and a picture of the muzzle only. This is one way to at least make sure they have the rifle, or whatever, they are peddling to you.

I always offer to do the same when I’m selling something as well...And, if I’m not getting cash, or a postal money order. I will hold a personal check and even a cashiers check until MY BANK says it’s cleared.

Here’s the scam played out with a cashiers check...Buyer get’s a cashiers check made out from his bank or credit union. He may take a picture of it and send it to the seller showing he’s got it and mailing it...Scammers do this sometimes, so you think he’s being legit and following through on the sale.

Scammer/buyer sends cashiers check to seller. Seller get’s cashiers check and deposits it, then ships rifle. But, during the time check is on it’s way to you. The scammer/buyer goes back to his bank and cancels the cashiers check and pulls the money out of his account. This happens several days before you’ve even gotten the cashiers check.

The scammers bank accounts are set up specifically for doing a few scams at the same time..The real good scammers use fake ID to set up the account to help elude police, or at least slow down being caught. Be aware of State ID’s in lieu of Drivers Licenses. Easier to get a fake State ID than a DL.

Hope this helps some...Mark
Posted By: Bugger Re: Problems with forum member - 02/11/18
Originally Posted by TEM
No, there is no misunderstanding. I guess it's my bad. I will never buy anything else from anyone if they don't take PayPal. It makes no sense why someone would not do PayPal!

I will never ever do PayPal for any transactions!!!

For several reasons:

1. I don’t want people to have access to my bank account.
2. PayPal is anti-shooter, anti-gun.

I would never trust anyone that uses PayPal.

Nancy Pelosi’s re-election campaign will get a check from me before I’d use PayPal.
Originally Posted by Bugger

For several reasons:

Nancy Pelosi’s re-election campaign will get a check from me before I’d use PayPal.

Guess you'll never buy from or trust Mule Deer!?
HE does live in Iowa City, we found that out on this very forum. The address you sent it to is a mobile home. They ask for tacking so they can drive to the address they gave you(usually a vacant house) and grab the MO after th PO drops it off. Then they tell the PO/bank that whoever wrote the check must have got the backward.
Originally Posted by mtnfisher

For several reasons:

Guess you'll never buy from or trust Mule Deer!?

or me...or over half the members on this board.
Posted By: grovey Re: Problems with forum member - 02/11/18
Originally Posted by TEM

For several reasons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=20&v=wGdhc9k07Ms
I don't know if I will EVER buy a gun again that I can't meet face to face. The problem is, for
300 more dollars, I could have bought a BRAND YOU [bleep] gun!!!
Originally Posted by Beaver10
SKane: Nice job! Can’t say for sure you’re 100% on identifying this Fu*ker! But, I would say you’re 99% right. Detective in a former life?

At some point I will be buying and selling on the Fire 🔥. As a rule with me in buying and selling. I always ask the seller to provide me a picture doing something, I “specifically” ask them to do with the item I’m buying. Like, send me a picture of the rifle with the bolt open and a picture of the muzzle only. This is one way to at least make sure they have the rifle, or whatever, they are peddling to you.

I always offer to do the same when I’m selling something as well...And, if I’m not getting cash, or a postal money order. I will hold a personal check and even a cashiers check until MY BANK says it’s cleared.

Here’s the scam played out with a cashiers check...Buyer get’s a cashiers check made out from his bank or credit union. He may take a picture of it and send it to the seller showing he’s got it and mailing it...Scammers do this sometimes, so you think he’s being legit and following through on the sale.

Scammer/buyer sends cashiers check to seller. Seller get’s cashiers check and deposits it, then ships rifle. But, during the time check is on it’s way to you. The scammer/buyer goes back to his bank and cancels the cashiers check and pulls the money out of his account. This happens several days before you’ve even gotten the cashiers check.

The scammers bank accounts are set up specifically for doing a few scams at the same time..The real good scammers use fake ID to set up the account to help elude police, or at least slow down being caught. Be aware of State ID’s in lieu of Drivers Licenses. Easier to get a fake State ID than a DL.

Hope this helps some...Mark

That's helpful to me Mark, thanks for posting that.
Originally Posted by TEM
I don't know if I will EVER buy a gun again that I can't meet face to face. The problem is, for

Hope I don’t rub folks the wrong way here but MAJORITY of the guns I see sold on here can be bought new for very little more than their asking prices
Originally Posted by TEM

Not to rub it in or fault you, but, deal with known entities and this could have been avoided. Everything you needed to know was 2 clicks and 5 seconds away from you.
I cant help you get your money out but a buddy of mine is LE with Iowa City PD, I'll send him a text this morning and see what he can do, will likely end up being a civil matter though.
Lastly, I'll get you the same rifle at cost(920.00), brand new, if you dont want to be completely out. Might be the most expensive CTR you ever bought but it is what it is at this point.
Posted By: grovey Re: Problems with forum member - 02/11/18
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
Originally Posted by TEM

Hope I don’t rub folks the wrong way here but MAJORITY of the guns I see sold on here can be bought new for very little more than their asking prices

Sorta like the crossbow you're trying to sell?

I cant help you get your money out but a buddy of mine is LE with Iowa City PD, I'll send him a text this morning and see what he can do, will likely end up being a civil matter though.

I'll pm you my info that you can pass on to him as well if it will help. I'd guess 2 cases is more to stack against him....
Originally Posted by grovey
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
Originally Posted by TEM

Sorta like the crossbow you're trying to sell?

Exactly why I brought it over here!
I have to agree with rickybobby. That is why I said what I said. Warpig602, that is very generous of you. I will be contacting you soon. Thanks very much

I'll pm you my info that you can pass on to him as well if it will help. I'd guess 2 cases is more to stack against him....

Its actually more than that. He was doing this several months ago over on LRH(unfortunately yeh details on that thread were wiped after a software upgrade). Several cases might be enough for Detectives to take a closer look at.
warpig602, thanks for all your help. If I need to do anything at all, just let me know. Tell your buddy thanks as well

2 post outta the blue in random threads over the past couple of days in reference to a thread sent to the basement
For all to see until the owner decides to remove it, which he did not for his own reasoning.
That thread was planned and timed by myself to coincide with 90k for you. Something in your mind important to you and you only.
It was an opportune moment for me, really don't care about your post count.
And if it wasn't to you, then you wouldn't still be dwelling on it.
Did ya get the same pm others received also. To basically cut out the bullshyt attacks on family, children and your favorite incest references attacks you always resorted too.
Never received that pm myself, but I do know for a fact it was sent to several users.
I bet ya did, ain't seen none of that from you as of late. It must be killing you not being able to spew vile crap like that.
Long ago a pm was sent to 7 users that the site needed some status quo shake up and for newbs to stand up to them.

You have been neutered like a stained face malti-poo, licking its scrotum the day after surgery.

Mission accomplished.

Still got me on ignore?

Have a nice day. 🤗
Originally Posted by tarheelpwr

My bank held funds from a USPS MO despoiled on Sunday until the following Tuesday. I don’t agree with the practice, but I’m sure they have to verify counterfeit.

My bank also will not cash a USPS MO due to rampant counterfeiting; takes2-3 days to clear.
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

Edit..... nevermind.
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Problems with forum member - 02/11/18
I dont usually look at post count.
Usually I look at how long the person has been on here.
And their posts.
I also go by feelings
Originally Posted by TEM

For several reasons:

this is to bad.
you have had several items i would have purchased but for the "NO PAYPAL"
the reason i use paypal is i live 30 miles from town and the 60 mile trip to get a MO just isn't worth it.
there isn't any thing gun related I haven't purchased via paypal for years and have never had a problem with them.
friends and family pay doesn't get you the security of purchase back up , but it has never been needed except once here when i got clipped for some AR parts i bought.
https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/scam-alert-user-name-usastripes.185938/

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12630577/1
With as many people this azzhole has scammed across the entire US and unknown number of gun and outdoor forums shouldn’t these threads be a sticky with his name in the title?

Many of you longtimers know the Site Owner Rick maybe you can talk with him.
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Problems with forum member - 02/11/18
Originally Posted by TEM

Not to rub it in or fault you, but, deal with known entities and this could have been avoided. Everything you needed to know was 2 clicks and 5 seconds away from you.
Lastly, I'll get you the same rifle at cost(920.00), brand new, if you dont want to be completely out. Might be the most expensive CTR you ever bought but it is what it is at this point.

Good deal. Although we’ve not transacted, you most certainly were on my good guy list. More good will = mo better Karma in my mind.
That would be good to have a sticky for the real time crooks like this POS.
Originally Posted by Edwin264
That would be good to have a sticky for the real time crooks like this POS.

It wouldnt matter, people would have to click on that thread to see.

Edit..... nevermind.
Taglarry, my post was meant to be comic relief only. It was not meant at all to be in any way whatsoever a personal attack.

Please accept my humble apology if it came across on this thread in such a manner.

Edit..... nevermind.
Taglarry, my post was meant to be comic relief only. It was not meant at all to be in any way whatsoever a personal attack.

Please accept my humble apology if it came across on this thread in such a manner.

No harm done, I was being funny as well but I didn’t want to start a pissing contest. 😀
I have some rifles currently listed and I’ve indicated to contact me via PM or email. One guy named “Larry” asked me quite a few questions via email. When I eventually asked for his 24hr handle, he said “I know what you’re *effing* thinking” and then disappeared....
LOL

He'll be back PM'ing you with another username and using the name Karen.....
Posted By: TLB2 Re: Problems with forum member - 02/12/18
Post This P O S Name and Address
Originally Posted by TEM

Wow!!! Apparently this [bleep] has BEEN scamming people. Kinda scary for a newcomer to the forum like myself as I've maybe been a little naive and just bought several items off of the classifieds without much research or back up.
So you send the check with Nelson Clyde's name on it and it was received by Voorhes, so how did he sign the check? Voorhes?

Sounds like mail fraud.
Looks like some people are trying to sic the Sheriff on him...

I refuse to use paypal, can't stand it. If I say I am going to buy something here I send a check. Ship the item when the check clears, not before. If the check gets lost in the mail I send another one. I live remote in AK and a lot of people are unwilling to be patient with the mail system here, or they add on extra charges. I have gotten lucky thus far with deals here on the fire. Kinda sucks when they don't understand though.
Posted By: SKane Re: Problems with forum member - 02/12/18
As of January 2016, his supposed location was Lone Tree, Iowa.
I recalled seeing the death of his son in his Facebook timeline (before he scrubbed it a few months back).

http://lewisfuneralhomes.com/tribute/details/2118/Shane-Voorhees/obituary.html

If nothing else, the link provides some more names of people to harass to let them know their father is a crook - though I'm sure they have an idea, and, are all fine, upstanding citizens in their own right. smile
As of January 2016, his supposed location was Lone Tree, Iowa.
I recalled seeing the death of his son in his Facebook timeline (before he scrubbed it a few months back).

http://lewisfuneralhomes.com/tribute/details/2118/Shane-Voorhees/obituary.html

If nothing else, the link provides some more names of people to harass to let them know their father is a crook - though I'm sure they have an idea, and, are all fine, upstanding citizens in their own right. smile

no doubt, all upstanding members of society....same one as posted in this link?

http://krcrtv.com/archive/man-tries-to-run-over-two-police-officers-in-anderson
Posted By: RickyD Re: Problems with forum member - 02/12/18
Originally Posted by TEM

I don't think mail fraud is a civil matter, but for some reason the cops and PO don't like to pursue them.
Posted By: hanco Re: Problems with forum member - 02/13/18
Sorry you were ripped off! I’ve been lucky!
Time to save some money or start a gofundme ...need a guy with a bike chain ..for hire.
Call Breakleg Charley.................

HM
Posted By: 5960 Re: Problems with forum member - 03/06/18
Call the state parole and the county probation of the address given
If he is on either THEY will knock on his door for you
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Problems with forum member - 03/07/18
Clyde Voorhees is listed in the Iowa clerk of Courts. 06 24 1956
3 criminal charges in Louisa County Iowa. The county seat is Wapello. It's just outside of Muscatine Iowa.

There are a huge number of entries for Voorhees with only a few different birth dates. It appears the whole family is doing all kinds of stuff. A majority of the addresses seem to be around Muscatine and far southeast Iowa.

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/DefaultFrame

kwg
Posted By: kazijoy Re: Problems with forum member - 03/07/18
Long thread.

Am I missing something ?

OP was defrauded by known crook.

OP posted here looking for help.

OP got numerous suggestions but no one willing to confront crook FTF.

Guess I'd be rounding up some pals and make a (real) road trip.

Hidden message here is: always use USPS M.O.s because postal fraud is a real crime. Also they are easy to validate on-line.
Originally Posted by kazijoy
Long thread.

Am I missing something ?

OP was defrauded by known crook.

OP posted here looking for help.

OP got numerous suggestions but no one willing to confront crook FTF.

Guess I'd be rounding up some pals and make a (real) road trip.

Hidden message here is: always use USPS M.O.s because postal fraud is a real crime. Also they are easy to validate on-line.

Yeah, you're missing something. USPS MO's get cashed just like a cashier's check. Got any references for someone being prosecuted of postal fraud because they were paid with a USPS MO?
Just a click away:

Elements of Mail Fraud

When the U.S. Postal Service, or any interstate mail carrier, is used to further a criminal act, it is considered to be mail fraud. In order for an individual to be convicted of mail fraud, certain specific elements must be proven. These include:

The perpetrator must have acted with the intent to scheme or defraud a person or entity.
The scheme must have involved material misstatements or purposeful omissions.
The scheme or fraud resulted in, or would likely have resulted in the loss of property, honest services, or money.
The perpetrator must have used the mail in some manner to further the scheme to defraud.

Mail Fraud Penalties

While mail fraud penalties vary depending on the exact nature of the fraud committed, the penalties are very serious. Fines and restitution are only the beginning when it comes to punishing perpetrators of mail fraud. Other mail fraud penalties may include:

Fines – A single count of mail fraud may result in a fine as high as $250,000. If the fraud involves a financial institution, or federal disaster relief, the fines may be as high as $1 million per occurrence.
Restitution – Perpetrators are commonly ordered to repay the victims for their losses as a result of the fraudulent acts. Restitution is ordered in addition to any other penalties.
Probation – A perpetrator of mail fraud may be ordered to serve one to five years on probation, in addition to fines and restitution. During probation, the perpetrator’s activities are closely monitored.
Imprisonment – Perpetrators of federal mail fraud are often sentenced to spend up to 30 years in prison for each offense. The stiffest penalties apply to mail fraud that involves financial institutions, federal disaster relief programs, or other special victims.
....and again I ask, "Got any references for someone being prosecuted for postal fraud because they were paid with a USPS MO?" To clarify, have you heard of anyone having been prosecuted for it?

I've been checking with the local postal inspectors and it's about as much of a headache just to deal with them as it is to eat the money.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Problems with forum member - 03/07/18
Originally Posted by FishinHank
I refuse to use paypal, can't stand it. If I say I am going to buy something here I send a check. Ship the item when the check clears, not before. If the check gets lost in the mail I send another one. I live remote in AK and a lot of people are unwilling to be patient with the mail system here, or they add on extra charges. I have gotten lucky thus far with deals here on the fire. Kinda sucks when they don't understand though.

It's gotten so that I'll pass up deals (buying and selling) if I can't use Paypal, unless it's something I really need/want. Going to the Post Office and standing in line 1/2 hour to buy a MO and conversely driving across town to the bank to deposit one is such a royal PIA to me that I avoid doing it like the plague. I should think that someone living in a remote corner of the world would doubly embrace that attitude. Let's see- send a MO after enduring the PO hassle, sending a check and waiting for snail mail to deliver it and waiting for it to clear, accepting those payments with much the same hassles- or do it electronically with a couple key strokes and get on with my life, and have my purchase in hand in a couple days versus a couple weeks. No brainer. (And don't come back with the old "Paypal is anti-gun so they won't get my business" argument. If one boycotted every business that was anti-gun or hired anti-gun people one would be left with a pretty small pool to swim in, truth be told. I for one won't cut off my nose to spite my face.)
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

It's gotten so that I'll pass up deals (buying and selling) if I can't use Paypal, unless it's something I really need/want. Going to the Post Office and standing in line 1/2 hour to buy a MO and conversely driving across town to the bank to deposit one is such a royal PIA to me that I avoid doing it like the plague. I should think that someone living in a remote corner of the world would doubly embrace that attitude. Let's see- send a MO after enduring the PO hassle, sending a check and waiting for snail mail to deliver it and waiting for it to clear, accepting those payments with much the same hassles- or do it electronically with a couple key strokes and get on with my life, and have my purchase in hand in a couple days versus a couple weeks. No brainer. (And don't come back with the old "Paypal is anti-gun so they won't get my business" argument. If one boycotted every business that was anti-gun or hired anti-gun people one would be left with a pretty small pool to swim in, truth be told. I for one won't cut off my nose to spite my face.)

This right here. I don't like paypal either, so I use friends and family, at least they aren't making any money grin I've about quit taking Postal Money orders over $100.00, they are damn near impossible to cash at the post office.
PayPal is fine ---- just don't get caught doing a gun deal.
....and again I ask, "Got any references for someone being prosecuted for postal fraud because they were paid with a USPS MO?" To clarify, have you heard of anyone having been prosecuted for it?

I've been checking with the local postal inspectors and it's about as much of a headache just to deal with them as it is to eat the money.

So because I have not heard of it, it cannot happen ?

Recently I had a shipped gun go missing. The USPS inspectors "consulted" with the last sorting center it was scanned into.
Suddenly it was found ! Divine intervention or the fear of God ?
I'm not arguing with you, I'm just looking for an example of it happening. Spoke with a detective today who seemed to be a nice fellow. Said it could be prosecuted by the FBI and USPS could help but that for the amount it would be a hard deal to get them to do it. USPS is about delivering mail, prosecuting is way down on their list. Lots of folks have input on what "can" be done, very few (so far no one) has given me an example of it happening.
Originally Posted by DryPowder
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

This right here. I don't like paypal either, so I use friends and family, at least they aren't making any money grin I've about quit taking Postal Money orders over $100.00, they are damn near impossible to cash at the post office.

I thin k I'm correct that using papal goods and services and friends and family is that they charge the seller on goods and services and the sender (buyer) on friends and family. They make theirs either way. I don't have a full account with paypal, only one set up to buy items. I received a warning e-mail from them not long ago that I was in violation of their terms. I had bought and sold some gun parts and such but did not use paypal to pay for any. How did they know?
Rick
Ok add me to the list,he got me in January for a shotgun on "Trapshooters.com" website.
I have bought and sold online for several years with no problems,the guy seemed fine,etc. I just let my guard down.
The main reason I got Taken was because I took the Man for His Word,my fault completely,there are things I could have done before I sent him a Postal Money order,but didn't,his Word was good enough.
Anyway here is the info that I have and was used during his heist.

Nelson Clyde
12 Video Ct.
Iowa city,Iowa 52240-3050
Email: [email protected]
Username: Scrrup1001

Hope this helps someone down the road from being taken advantage of.

Greg
I'd drive from SC to pay him a "visit" if he had put the screws to me. You should do likewise...
Posted By: SKane Re: Problems with forum member - 03/08/18
If someone can, somehow, confirm this dillweed's current address, I will happily make the 5-ish hour drive on behalf of those that got taken. smile
Posted By: Tracks Re: Problems with forum member - 03/08/18
Request: Will those who will only accept paypal please make note of that in your classified adds?
It would save me some problems because I don't and never will use paypal. Thanks.
Posted By: khough Re: Problems with forum member - 03/08/18
Originally Posted by redjones

Anyway here is the info that I have and was used during his heist.

Nelson Clyde
12 Video Ct.
Iowa city,Iowa 52240-3050
Email: [email protected]
Username: Scrrup1001

Hope this helps someone down the road from being taken advantage of.

Greg

Google maps in Satellite view shows this address to be in a mobile home park.
Same address was given to buyers with the request that we provide tracking info on payment. Assumption is that is not his address, but with tracking he would know when to be there to receive the mailed payment. Making sure he could be found is the only thing stopping a trip......
Beware of this person he uses sales1001 and has money orders sent to a one Denise Avery she cashes them for him and receives a cut I did contact her and she said she has no knowledge of what I was talking about
Posted By: SKane Re: Problems with forum member - 03/12/18
Well, it appears Clyde is checking his email and is extremely remorseful. crazy

[Linked Image]
Posted By: gerry35 Re: Problems with forum member - 03/12/18
A guy like that will have his luck run out one day, hopefully soon. Can't stand thieves.
Well, it appears Clyde is checking his email and is extremely remorseful. crazy

[Linked Image]

He needs his azz stomped for that! Smart mouth POS!!
Hey, y’all listen to this....
If that chit ever happens in my county or other counties around mine, let me know and I’ll do my best to help your fight. I live in McLennan County, Texas. I’m not tryin to be a badazz, but I too CANNOT stand a thief.

Edwin
Posted By: JTod Re: Problems with forum member - 03/12/18
His victims should connect via the forums, throw some money together and hire a local private investigator to lay eyes on him. Once his whereabouts are confirmed some fellas can pay him a visit. He didn't even scam me and I'd throw some bucks in the hat to see him brought to justice - vigilante or otherwise.
Posted By: TEM Re: Problems with forum member - 05/07/18
I would truly like to run up with this guy. Just to talk to him, I have a couple of questions for him!
Posted By: Mac1978 Re: Problems with forum member - 05/07/18
I really don’t think any of you trash talking retards are even stupid enough to make a threatening post on a public forum and then act on it. Fcuk you guys are dumb.
"trash talking retards"
Get your local police involved.

I had a craigslist issue when I was in a purchasing transaction for a recurve bow ( I was the buyer). Made phone contact, and sent usps money order. Two weeks go by, no bow. No word of receipt of funds or shipping info ( In email/ phone contact I asked seller to email when funds received, and when shipment made with tracking info). Several phone calls from me to his number resulted in either a phone message left, or once his brother (?) answered. Nothing. This goes on for about 2 months. Usps doesn’t do anything until 90 days for inves5igation/ stop payment ( in reality a usps money order is a crappy instrument of payment regarding options for the buyer in cases like this).

I contacted my local police and told them about it. They said this would be considered “ theft by deception.” They made some calls to the seller’s local police. About a week later, I had my bow.

Use your and seller’s local police. That’s why they are there. Make copies of all info about the situation : ie : classified ads/emails/ phone numbers/ addresses for the cops, to make as easy as possible for them. Be polite. Be patient. Be diligent and determined. You are not only looking out for yourself, but the next person this guy may scam.

Good luck
Posted By: bgl0b6 Re: Problems with forum member - 05/07/18
Sometimes it works some time not.I bought something on line once in Milwaukee from Craigslist,payed with a USPS money order,never received it.Went to the police about it,they said that is a civil matter,not their job,wouldnt help at all.I asked if I went there myself,they told me then it becomes a legal matter and I probably would end up in jail.So I proceeded to call his business phone 25-30 times a day asking on his voice mail where my stuff was,it did very little except fill up his business mail box,lastly I had his home address,about 2-3 times a month I would advertise on Craigslist estate or garage sales,starting at 5-6 am. all welcome early.Benefit party's for unfortunate people needing help,always with a long sad story,to include live bands,alchohol,food,even fire works after dark,all the good stuff.I never got my stuff but honestly,best $150. I ever spent
I love it^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: lkydvl Re: Problems with forum member - 05/07/18
Clyde Voorheese
DOB 06/24/1956
504 Mineral Point Lane
Iowa City, IA 52246
Posted By: rong Re: Problems with forum member - 05/08/18
bump to help ,
any activity from the local Police?
Originally Posted by bgl0b6
Sometimes it works some time not.I bought something on line once in Milwaukee from Craigslist,payed with a USPS money order,never received it.Went to the police about it,they said that is a civil matter,not their job,wouldnt help at all.I asked if I went there myself,they told me then it becomes a legal matter and I probably would end up in jail.So I proceeded to call his business phone 25-30 times a day asking on his voice mail where my stuff was,it did very little except fill up his business mail box,lastly I had his home address,about 2-3 times a month I would advertise on Craigslist estate or garage sales,starting at 5-6 am. all welcome early.Benefit party's for unfortunate people needing help,always with a long sad story,to include live bands,alchohol,food,even fire works after dark,all the good stuff.I never got my stuff but honestly,best $150. I ever spent

LMFAO!!
Posted By: Mac1978 Re: Problems with forum member - 05/08/18

What’s more satisfying than seeing someone publicly advertise why they can’t understand that a USPS money order isn’t worth the paper it’s written on?
Seeing that person advertise their illegal attempts at revenge in the same public post. Yes, TOPCATHR, retards.
bgl0b6, PM me for Mac1978’s address.
Posted By: bgl0b6 Re: Problems with forum member - 05/08/18
I did nothing illegal at all and I did enjoy every second of revenge,The clown I was talking about totally frauded me out of $150.If that bothers you send me $150 cash and ill call him and apologize.to him....I still have his phone number,I could post it if you want it
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Problems with forum member - 05/08/18
I say out with all numbers addresses etc.
do it!! Don’t be chickens.
Originally Posted by Tom264
I say out with all numbers addresses etc.
do it!! Don’t be chickens.

You looking to plan a fundraiser for Crohn’s research?
Kingston, someone might have the means, and the legal representation to stick your last two statements so far up your Crohn’s pipe that you wouldn’t know if you’d schit or gone blind. Once again in public forum.... retards
I did nothing illegal at all and I did enjoy every second of revenge,The clown I was talking about totally frauded me out of $150.If that bothers you send me $150 cash and ill call him and apologize.to him....I still have his phone number,I could post it if you want it

Hey moron... Posting a false ad with someone else’s address is called harassment...and you shared that little tidbit with all of the “Members” of the 24hourcampfire/whole world on the Internet
Originally Posted by Mac1978
Kingston, someone might have the means, and the legal representation to stick your last two statements so far up your Crohn’s pipe that you wouldn’t know if you’d schit or gone blind. Once again in public forum.... retards

LMFAO!!!!!!
Originally Posted by kingston
bgl0b6, PM me for Mac1978’s address.

Send that my way would ya?
I doubt as much as I belly laughed at you. I even had the decency to type it, as I would be embarrassed to use the acronyms as a serious insult.
ButterBean! Here come the intellectual heavyweights😎
I doubt as much as I belly laughed at you. I even had the decency to type it, as I would be embarrassed to use the acronyms as a serious insult.

You, Mr. B, and Biscuit laughing your asses off...
Sure are
Oh come off it McCrary....
Here kitty kitty....
Posted By: fredIII Re: Problems with forum member - 05/08/18
King.

Nat must be a pushover to suffer this ass hole
[quote=Higbean]Here kitty kitty....[/quote
]

Pm but you probably already know
you Still got a 181, Higgins? I got a 74
WTF is a 181?

Is that like a 727?
meow. Lol.
How about those other user names Mac. Don’t worry we will smoke all your profiles out, your address is on the campfire crapper wall next to safarimans 😉
You'd think people wouldn't put on an early bird yard sale on Mothers Day.

Who knew?
The victims need to pool a bit of money together, purposefully do a deal with Clyde, and then be waiting at the address where the MO was mailed to, when the tracking info says it’ll be delivered...
Or instead of a MO, he opens an envelope full of Anthrax, LOL
Posted By: tack Re: Problems with forum member - 05/09/18
Clyde Voorhees , and or Nelson Clyde has appeared on my toxic seller list three times over the last 2-3 years. What is ironic is that four of the names that chimed in with comments on the thread are also on the same list.

tack
Posted By: capt14k Re: Problems with forum member - 08/18/18
Anyone who has been scammed by this group Clyde Vorhees, David Sawyer, Bonnie Cooper, or [bleep] Kinta in Nigeria please post PM sent and send me all information you have. I have friends in multiple law enforcement agencies including the IRS, NJSP Cyber Crimes, and ATF who are investigating these scum as a personal favor. The more info I have the more likely Postal Inspectors will take over the case and nail the whole ring. If the ring leadefs are in Nigeria there is the Nigerian EFCC that is now cooperating. Also there is a chance of being reimbursed since the Postmaster General can demand repayment from financial institutions even for money orders that cleared.

3.4.4 Reclamation
The postmaster general has the right to demand refund from the presenting bank of the amount of a paid money order

Below is their typical for sale list

Vortex Razor II 4.5-27x56 EBR-2C MRAD
NightForce 5.5-22x50
Romaina PSL sniper rifle
Russian Dragunov Rifle
HK Mk 23
HK p7m13
HK 416 Upper receiver
Tikka CTR 3x Creedmoor
Springfield TRP Operator with full rail
FN Scar 17 with box and all factory extras
NightForce SHV 5-20x56
HK Mr556 Upper
Benelli M4

On another forum I'm buying from a guy with 12 posts. But one thing I'm always leary of, these guys use prices that are too good to be true. So this one is face to face. He doesn't get the money till I get what he's selling. And I will look it over very carefully.
Got me with the M4,I posted up all the info I had on him back on page 5 about half way down the page.

Good Luck................Greg
Hope they nail them to a cross.

Total bullchit
Posted By: texken Re: Problems with forum member - 08/19/18
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Cashier's checks CAN have a stop payment issued on them. They just verify that the funds are in the account when they are typed up. I wait for them to clear before shipping.

not true, maybe your bank is the exception, have went through this, my bank told me I had to wait six months to take any action.
The funny part to me is that everyone is talking about checking post count of buyers and talking to them on the phone and to try to get a good feeling about the deal, yet I bet everyone is spilling their guts to a guy who joined a few days ago, has four posts, and they’re all about Clyde Vorhees.

Hopefully, for the sake of everyone involved, this is legit and isn’t a retaliatory measure from Clyde’s group because someone finally got pinched.

Chew on that.
Elkslayer cannot be trusted in any way shape or form he's a bold-faced liar
Posted By: Darryle Re: Problems with forum member - 10/19/20
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Elkslayer cannot be trusted in any way shape or form he's a bold-faced liar

Jesus f'n Christ, let it go, dredge up a 2+ thread to squawk like parrot
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Problems with forum member - 10/19/20

Hey moron... Posting a false ad with someone else’s address is called harassment...and you shared that little tidbit with all of the “Members” of the 24hourcampfire/whole world on the Internet

Ya git what ya git....too bad for him. Steal people's money and karma has a way of finding you.
© 24hourcampfire