Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have spent hours today trying to buy a few things from the classifieds but I cannot make it 10 seconds before I get plowed with popups. I can disable javascript and they go away. ....but then I can't enable any of the pages beyond the first one.

What has to happen?

I'm using Chrome on an android. I've tried a few browsers and it's ugly.

Can rick just enable the pages to be accessed without javascript so everything is smooth?

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just tried my android and got a pop up in 10 seconds of the second page I tried to look at.

I normally use chrome on a desktop with adblock. Works fine.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, it is very bad tonight. Nailed me twice just trying to post this.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I just tried my android and got a pop up in 10 seconds of the second page I tried to look at.

As of today, I cant use my Samsung phone to look at the Fire. Popup locks the phone.

Computer works good.

My Samsung has not worked very well for the Fire for a long time now.

Always having to resize the screen, and the Hunting and Shooting forum is difficult to access.

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I've been busted with pop ups at least a dozen time tonight. I've never had a problem before. What's up with tonight?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It feels better knowing we are not alone.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
this is strange , I use Samsung/Chrome and everything is fine.
is screen rotation enabled ? would you list the steps to duplicate the problem ?
P.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Adblocker

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose.
It was written to limit the power of government over the individual
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by ajd3530
I've been busted with pop ups at least a dozen time tonight. I've never had a problem before. What's up with tonight?

Yep. So much for me posting freaking pics anymore. Well, it was nice while it lasted. Cant even read the Fire anymore on my phone. Samsung thinks i won millions if i just want to spin and see .....

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Clarkm

As of today, I cant use my Samsung phone to look at the Fire. Popup locks the phone.

Computer works good.

My Samsung has not worked very well for the Fire for a long time now.

Always having to resize the screen, and the Hunting and Shooting forum is difficult to access.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^;^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
And Rick could GAF...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ghostery browser from the Play Store on a Samsung tablet here, no issues with any pop ups. Settings are " block everything".

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ads make money so more ads make more money. At least that's what cable TV thought, so they not only charge for access to content they charge for content and then pollute the content with more and more ads. However, more and more people respond by cutting cable in favor of over the air TV using a DVR to allow ad skipping and use streaming services like Netflix to access ad free content.

The site has to make money, so it needs ads, but too many and people install ad blockers, which then requires more ads and ads that really get in your face, so even more ad blockers.

One answer some sites (Weather Underground) offers to users the option to pay a small annual fee ($5) to access the site ad free. I would like that option.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Yep. So much for me posting freaking pics anymore. Well, it was nice while it lasted. Cant even read the Fire anymore on my phone. Samsung thinks i won millions if i just want to spin and see .....

Yep, I get hit by that one half a dozen times per viewing. I will not be adding ad block, or equivalent, because the issue is ONLY on this site, and this is a company supplied smart phone. It is for business, and will not be altered for a problem on only one site.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by EdM
And Rick could GAF...

Exactly.

Camp is where you make it.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Seems better today. Chrome Beta/Android/S7.
Last night couldnt do a damn thing here without popup/lockup survey spam.

Might try the adblock browser if it happens again. On the PC I have adblock running. No ads at all. Chevy can pack sand.

Last edited by KenMi; 02/11/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Adblock plus has kept this site running perfectly on Chrome. It probably won't be long before an Adblock detector gets installed on this site and we have to disable it to use the site. The site basically becomes unusable at that point. There are plenty of sites out there that manage to run ads that don't cripple the site. Without Adblock I wouldn't be here. The frustration is not worth it. Surely there's a happy medium.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Besides ad block stuff, how the hell can you folks use the campfire on a phone.... WAY to small and drives me more nuts than the ads..... old age I guess.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Downloaded adblocker plus last night and good now. Before every 10 seconds I was redirected to some spinning wheel "you're the lucky winner!!" [bleep]

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A

And this morning I haven't had a single one. Wonder what was up with last night?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

313 members (222Sako, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 10Glocks, 34 invisible), 1,764 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,308
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.