Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Spoke too soon. They're back with vengeance.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Nothing for me today either. Fwiw, I have adblocker on my phone and it still prompted me to spin every 10 seconds. Disabling javascript was the ONLY solution.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ajd3530
Spoke too soon. They're back with vengeance.

I got a few pop ups last night and now they have started up again this morning.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I haven't seen a single pop up, posted from my Samsung Galaxy tablet.

Just checked my settings in Ghostery, javascript is enabled and block pop ups is turned on.

Last edited by Squidge; 02/11/18.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm using a Windows 10 desktop, an Android tablet, and an Android Samsung S8+ phone.

All are set up with Firfox and AdBlock+ and I'm not seeing anything extra on any of them. No adds.......just the forum.

I haven't tried my Windows 10 laptop, but I'm betting it would be good also as it is set up the same way.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Nothing here. PC W7 Chrome w/ Adblock Plus and Android phone Firefox w/ uBlock Origin.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Started back for me too. Almost impossible to use the site right now. Seems to stop if I log out and view as a guest.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Started back for me too. Almost impossible to use the site right now. Seems to stop if I log out and view as a guest.

Nope. Guests get rewarded with the YOU'VE WON! Page just as quickly.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ajd3530
I've been busted with pop ups at least a dozen time tonight. I've never had a problem before. What's up with tonight?

This place was much better on iPhone before all those big changes last year.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by high_country_
I have spent hours today trying to buy a few things from the classifieds but I cannot make it 10 seconds before I get plowed with popups. I can disable javascript and they go away. ....but then I can't enable any of the pages beyond the first one.

What has to happen?

I'm using Chrome on an android. I've tried a few browsers and it's ugly.

Can rick just enable the pages to be accessed without javascript so everything is smooth?
Chrome with Adblock+ here on this PC - no problems whatsoever... And I have no such 'smart phone', nor will I - EVER...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
It's back and worse than before. Took 3-4 attempts to find and post on this thread.

Time to log out for a bit.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It's pretty simple really...either deploy the correct countermeasures or be bombarded.

My laptop has:

Firefox 56 64 bit running on Windows 8

Adblock Edge
Adblocker Ultimate
Flashblock
No Script

I run these addons with NO popups or ads whatsoever... none...

Firefox keeps pushing to upgrade to 58, but these addons are not supported past v56 platform, and there are others that I use daily, so if I were to upgrade I would lose that functionality and control.

Java is uninstalled...it's vulnerable to security threats.

With Windows 10 I think you are basically screwed. Pushing ads is built into the OS.

Linux is great, and probably the eventual option.

Phone solutions have already been mentioned.

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since 99% of everything I do online is surfing websites, e-mail, facebook with the family and using it as a place to post pics, I decided to try a $199 Chromebook. It's WAAAAAY better for running the internet than any computer I have ever used. I am running adblock plus. I don't have any of the script issues that used to plague me. After 3 years there is no apparent degradation in speed. I can't say that about any computer I have ever used. Since it's cloud based you don't have to worry about virus protection like you do with a regular computer. As it stands now, if I ever have the need for a computer, I will buy one for computing and continue to use Chromebook for the net.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I let Firefox upgrade to 58 with no problems. Running Adblocker Ultimate 2.31 and it covers everything I want it to.
Used to run NoScript too and it blocked too much for me, got tired of adding exceptions.
64 bit Windows 7 desktop

You want Internet access for everything these days. Ferinstance when programming I used to have to grab a quick reference cheat book when I couldn't quite remember a method syntax. Now a quick Google, my favorite reference site is near the top of the list, and there you go. Faster and no fumbling through paper pages.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Right...

No Script limits the browser as to video content, but I want to be able to control it.

I use Firefox to browse and Chrome for any videos I want to watch.

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 48 invisible), 1,972 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,755
Posts18,495,480
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.