Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
D
Had one in 6.5 Creedmoor, but sold it as I can’t warm up to that cartridge.

Have another in 7-08 that I think is perfect. Topped with Burris Signature dual dovetailed rings with a 20 MOA forward cant, and a SS 6X MQ,

Debating another in 308 and selling my T3x in 308.

The magazine fits up to 2.885 OAL, plenty long for chasing the throat.

Who has them?

Pictures?

[Linked Image]

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a lightweight in .308, with a Mcswirley.

It is my mostest favorite rifle.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Vic_in_Va; 02/09/18.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They're discontinued.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
D
I know.

The barreled actions are the same as Sportsman’s Warehouse are blowing out for $399 in the KUIU pattern plastic stocks.

I know where to get another Alpine stock.

And, they factory-built rifles are still around, if you know where to look.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
I have a lightweight in .308, with a Mcswirley.

It is my mostest favorite rifle.

I really like the looks of that!!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you, sir!

Sako classic, 50/50 Orange/black, rifle is relatively light and real accurate.

My only complaint is that it is a little muzzle light, and I've been entertaining the thought of a slightly heavier barrel, same length (20") to get more weight up front. To me, that helps the shootability.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bansner is actually continuing to manufacture these as a Bansner product, not a Howa. From Bansner's Facebook page:

"The Alpine Hunter is a lightweight, handcrafted hunting carbine built on a Howa 1500 barreled action. As Bansner & Company’s entry level offering, it couples the fit and finish of a custom rifle with the proven performance, accuracy, and affordability of the Howa. The action and barrel are custom epoxy bedded into a Bansner hand-laid fiberglass glass stock with aluminum pillars. The barrel is free-floated from the shank forward and is both fluted and fitted with a removable muzzle brake. A thread protector is also included. The stock is fitted with a Pachmayr Decelerator pad and features Bansner’s signature dual-color textured finish. Metal finish was done using hard-wearing Cerakote in graphite black. Included with the rifle is a set of Talley Signature bases as well as a set of Talley screw-lock rings Cerakoted to match the rifle."

I inquired about pricing and was told $2495 8 weeks lead time. They are also available in long actions and magnums. From the looks of it its a standard Howa action but the barrel is fluted and threaded and the whole thing is refinished in a black cerakote and then bedded in a Bansner stock. Seems a bit pricey to me. I got my Alpine 7mm-08 for $900 from CDNN with a Vortex Viper scope installed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't have one...yet.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Had one in 6.5 Creedmoor, but sold it as I can’t warm up to that cartridge.

Have another in 7-08 that I think is perfect. Topped with Burris Signature dual dovetailed rings with a 20 MOA forward cant, and a SS 6X MQ,

Debating another in 308 and selling my T3x in 308.

The magazine fits up to 2.885 OAL, plenty long for chasing the throat.

Who has them?

Pictures?

[Linked Image]

What don't you like about the Creedmoor?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
He is a idiot

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Jonnymac
Bansner is actually continuing to manufacture these as a Bansner product, not a Howa. From Bansner's Facebook page:

"The Alpine Hunter is a lightweight, handcrafted hunting carbine built on a Howa 1500 barreled action. As Bansner & Company’s entry level offering, it couples the fit and finish of a custom rifle with the proven performance, accuracy, and affordability of the Howa. The action and barrel are custom epoxy bedded into a Bansner hand-laid fiberglass glass stock with aluminum pillars. The barrel is free-floated from the shank forward and is both fluted and fitted with a removable muzzle brake. A thread protector is also included. The stock is fitted with a Pachmayr Decelerator pad and features Bansner’s signature dual-color textured finish. Metal finish was done using hard-wearing Cerakote in graphite black. Included with the rifle is a set of Talley Signature bases as well as a set of Talley screw-lock rings Cerakoted to match the rifle."

I inquired about pricing and was told $2495 8 weeks lead time. They are also available in long actions and magnums. From the looks of it its a standard Howa action but the barrel is fluted and threaded and the whole thing is refinished in a black cerakote and then bedded in a Bansner stock. Seems a bit pricey to me. I got my Alpine 7mm-08 for $900 from CDNN with a Vortex Viper scope installed.

I wouldn't buy one for $2500. Lots of high end choices for that kind of money. The Alpine I handled didn't particularly impress me. What was the weight on those?

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
D
Kaleb,

You old fraud! I knew you’d troll me.

How’s life?

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Kaleb
He is a idiot

Oh Kaleb. You’re such an under achiever.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...08-and-6-5-creed-as-a-general-purpose-hu

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
David if you're looking to build another, the closeout 20" barrel Kuiu/cerakote models at SW are an extra 10% off through 2/14, making them $360. Just can't decide if I "need" a 223 or another 243. Unfortunately they don't have the 7-08 or 308 at my closest store and not sure I want to add another caliber in 6.5 Grendel

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
$2500 for a spiffed up Howa?

Bansner smoking crack or what?

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bellydeep
$2500 for a spiffed up Howa?

Bansner smoking crack or what?

I asked what the difference was between the Howa Alpine and the Bansner Alpine Hunter. I just got the response today:

"It uses the same type of stock and the Howa barrelled action. The difference is these are bedded using the same process and attention to detail used on our full custom rifles and cut to your length of pull. Pachmayr Decelerator pad installed. Barrel is fluted and a muzzle brake is fit. Thread protector is included. Metal is finished in Cerakote color of your choice. Your choice of color on the stock finish as well. This rifle ships in a hard case and includes Talley Signature rings in either 1" or 30mm. Let us know if you've got any other questions."

I was hoping maybe the action was trued/blueprinted maybe a barrel/trigger swap. Doesn't sound like any of that. He's taking a $400 barreled action, fluting the barrel and threading it for a removable brake. You pick the cerakote he'll put it in his own stock cut it to your LOP and bed it. I like my Howas/Vanguards but I'd never spend that kind of money on one. Hell I sold a McMillan stock I had bought to put on a Vanguard because I thought I was stupid for putting a $500 stock on a $500 rifle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve been looking for an Alpine just to check it out. None of the LGS have had one in stock. Ever.

I don’t see to many Bansner Alpines getting sold for $2500 when Fieldcrafts are coming in nearly a grand less.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Kaleb,

You old fraud! I knew you’d troll me.

How’s life?

I'm not old.

I'm not trolling I really think you seem like a idiot based on all the questions statements low ball offers asking for trades when specific about no trades.....3 years of 243AI loads...low ball offers(did I mention that already?)...and the way you get all butt when any of that is mentioned.

Life's good hope yours is too.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I know.

The barreled actions are the same as Sportsman’s Warehouse are blowing out for $399 in the KUIU pattern plastic stocks.

I know where to get another Alpine stock.

I was wondering about that, I noticed that the KUIU rifles had receiver cuts that resembled the Alpine, but there wasn't one available to directly compare. Too bad the stocks they use for the KUIU rifles manage to add 1.3 lbs over the Alpine. It's tempting to pick up one of the cheap KUIU's, but once you drop the action in a stock that isn't a boat anchor, you'd be back up to about what an Alpine can be found for on GB.

Last edited by Gtscotty; 02/13/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On the other hand, a 7-pound Howa ain't too bad for $400. IF I needed say a .308 ($20 more) or 7-08, I'd likely get one. A 3/4 pound cut over a standard model is pretty significant. How many guys spent money on a aftermarket stock to get to the same place?

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (160user, 1lessdog, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,361
Posts18,527,204
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.