Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
I'm sending my S&W 1006 slide in to get milled for the RMR06.

Holo/reflex sight?

Trump Won!
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by gunner500
I'm sending my S&W 1006 slide in to get milled for the RMR06.

Holo/reflex sight?

This one, Gunner.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product2.php?id=RMR&mid=Adjustable%20LED

I'm mistaken on the exact model, The RMR09 w/adjustable LED and a 1 minute dot.
The RMR 06 3.25 minute dot, is going on the S&W M&P9 CORE, where the 09 is sitting now.
My eyesight has deteriorated enough that irons are history if I'm not in a self defense situation.
In other words precision shooting with blurry sights doesn't cut it.
Sooooo, all my remaining pistols will wear RMR's.
Sell one, buy an RMR for another. Retired financial reality.

Last edited by m_stevenson; 02/17/18. Reason: fergot link

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
That'll work, whatever it takes to get the biscuit so to speak, I'm 55 and will explore same or similar when my sight begins to fade, as long as I can get up and walk, I'll be wanting to shoot something, I already know my days are numbered with the super hard kicking big bore rifles in the safes.

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yeah Gunner, wear and tear plus age makes what used to be fun and relatively easy into a challenge.
Arthritis made me sell my 454 and 480.

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Yeah Gunner, wear and tear plus age makes what used to be fun and relatively easy into a challenge.

Dang, I'm finging I'm shooting my blackpowder powered 45 Colt more than my 454 and 44 mag too. smile

I believe every damn one of us would have taken better care of ourselves if we had it to do over again, but, you cant tell a young buck slap fulla piss and vinegar a dang thing.

Trump Won!
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Dang, I'm finging I'm shooting my blackpowder powered 45 Colt more than my 454 and 44 mag too. smile

I believe every damn one of us would have taken better care of ourselves if we had it to do over again, but, you cant tell a young buck slap fulla piss and vinegar a dang thing.

What's that old saying? Too soon old, too late wise?

Nowadays it's a rare session that I shoot anything but 9gr. Universal under a 250gr. SWC in my 44 mags, and 6.8gr. Universal under a 210gr. SWC in 41 mag.
Both of those loads are no slouches in close range hunting or killing.

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
I have Meprolight adjustable night sights on the G40.

That’s the first thing I change on any Glock in my stable. Meprolight adjustable sights are excellent, high quality night sights.

V
viking Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Drew blood last night with my glock 20. I was using factory Hornandy 180’s. The shot was 44 yards. The was a nice spray, but the trail quickly disappeared in the brush.

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
After a couple more shooting sessions I decided that the large frame Glocks just were not for me... A friend bought the 20 and the 29 is on GunBroker with lots of bids on it... The 40 will be staying for now as it was bought for the dedicated purpose of an anti-carjacking gun. It has great night sights, the TruGlo TFO, and Strealight light/laser..and hides easily in a Bagmaster pouch right on the front seat...

Decided on the MeHic 200 grain bullet and ordered a mold...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This one finally made it home. For the last 5 or 6 months, they'd either be out of stock or I was diverting funds elsewhere. Here she is. Very soft shooting with S&B 180 gr FMJ. Haven't had a chance to try any stouter loads yet. Crappy cell phone pic from glare and all. But, that's a case full of Wilson Combat 1911's below. smile

This pic was taken at the gun shop shortly after gunsmith had mounted the RMR.

G40 with Trijicon RM06.

[Linked Image]

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Another view showing the RMR. I'm working with it, trying to get used to it.

So far, the 180 XTP is the most accurate, the 180 FMJ second. I ordered 200 gr. hard cast bullets from Rim Rock, reportedly the bullet source for Buffalo Bore ammo. They're nice looking bullets and I loaded a batch with 9.2 gr. Longshot already set up in my Dillon 550B.

The cast bullets aren't as accurate as the jacketed ones. I know Glock has polygonal rifling, not recommended for cast, but I've been reading that the really hard cast bullets, like these, reportedly do very well in the Glock.

I may need to work on different powder, different loads.

I got my Freedom Arms M-97 5 1/2" .357 out of the safe and started working with it. It will shoot 170 gr. Speer Gold Dot and 180 gr. Hornady XTP's at about the same speed as the 10mm with equal weight bullets. And, it's easy to shoot and seems to be more accurate. I did have to get a taller front sight from Freedom Arms. The front sight is very easy to swap out with a single allen set screw. Freedom Arms has an assortment of higher front sights. So, we'll see how this plays out.

DF

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 03/25/18.
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I'm not a 10mm expert, but have several 10mms - mostly 1911 variants - and have been shooting this cartridge a while. I prefer the 180 grain bullet at about 1250 for SD and haven't really tried to push handloads faster than that as this MV gives me good control for follow up shots. I think the 180s provide a good balance of MV and enough weight to ensure adequate penetration and expansion.

Like RJM I am intrigued with the idea of a LWT Commander - aluinum frame - so I've built one based on the Ruger SR1911 9mm LWT Commander. I fired it as a 10mm for the first time last week to test for function. It is very controllable with my 180 JSPs at about 1250. Recoil is present but no worse than a 230 +P 45 ACP. I need to tweak the slide release a bit and install an EGW square-bottom firing pin stop, but have established a 22 lb RS as the preferred one for my combo.

Once this rig is sorted out and reliable, I'm planning to put together an aluminum frame CCO in 10mm.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Picked up my first Glock today, and also my first 10mm. Cabelas had this listed (and priced) as used, but there's no evidence of it being fired, and came set up with a FFIII and a set of Trijicon suppressor night sights. I really like the setup because the sights co-witness with the FF and I can find the dot much quicker, not to mention if the battery dies. I have a new RMR I might swap out with the FastFire eventually, but anxious to give the big Glock a trial run as is. If it don't work out for me I figure I won't get hurt with less than 6 bills tied up in the whole setup. Now to find a holster, looking at the Man Gear Alaska chest holsters. Anyone try one?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by viking
Drew blood last night with my glock 20. I was using factory Hornandy 180’s. The shot was 44 yards. The was a nice spray, but the trail quickly disappeared in the brush.

Dang, don't leave us in suspense Viking, details buddy, deer, pig? did you break a good trigger at the shot?

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That'll work, whatever it takes to get the biscuit so to speak, I'm 55 and will explore same or similar when my sight begins to fade, as long as I can get up and walk, I'll be wanting to shoot something, I already know my days are numbered with the super hard kicking big bore rifles in the safes.
You can kill anything around your place with a 30-30 or a 357 anyway. Elks and suchlike are great but I can be happy with stuff you'd find out in your backyard or mine.

I'm a year older than you and figured out several years back that I can shoot a 454. I also figured out I don't want to shoot a 454.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Same/Same, the reason my 454C will be loaded down to about 1250 with the 335 LBT's when the hellbenders are shot up.

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
The only 10mm I own is a commander length 1911 with a titanium Caspian frame.

I am running out of the hot rod Cor Bon ammo.

A larger...long frame 10 is interesting.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Same/Same, the reason my 454C will be loaded down to about 1250 with the 335 LBT's when the hellbenders are shot up.

[Linked Image]

V
viking Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
LOL, Gunner. Yeah I forgot the hog part. The boy and I where west of SA. I intended to use my 257 Roberts on hogs, but we switched blinds. The blind I was in was a laser measured at 44 yards. A bunch of pigs came to the feeder. I thought this isn't much of shot for the Roberts, so I tried one withe the 10mm. I hit one, obviously not that good, but there was blood. I was able to follow the blood for a little ways. The brush was to thick.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

I have several .45 Colt revolvers. One is a line bored old style SBH, work done by Jim Stroh; it's a tack driver. Jim installed a full length ejector, fitted a 6" Shilen barrel, made the front sight. I did the trigger job with trigger stop, has aftermarket rear sight. I shaped the bone handles, installed the Ruger medallions.

The 270 gr. Penn Bullets Thunderhead hits with a wallop, huge meplat. https://www.pennbullets.com/thunderheads.html

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 48 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,747
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.