Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Gus's moa trigger doesnt do well in the conditions around Koyuk, Alaska. I dont think a spring replacement will cure this.

Classic fkn box trigger with a catchy name: collect rust, grime and debris:

That’s an early classic stainless has the old style trigger. Bolt shroud dead giveaway all BACO’s have flat side bolt shroud.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Gus's moa trigger doesnt do well in the conditions around Koyuk, Alaska. I dont think a spring replacement will cure this.

That’s an early classic stainless has the old style trigger. Bolt shroud dead giveaway all BACO’s have flat side bolt shroud.

Bingo. I think someone said that earlier..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck

Originally Posted by Hesp
I purchased a new M 70 Extreme Weather last spring. The MOA trigger right out of the box was great. Predictable & easy to squeeze off. A friend who also purchased a new Extreme Weather at the same time replaced his MOA with a new Timney . It was a simple drop in replacement which any one should be able to handle.
Hmmm. If the MOA was so great, why did he replace it???

I consider the new MOA trigger more complex but superior as to adjustability compared to my Pre 64 models.
Pffft... Until, like the video above, that wonderful (and complex) POS MOA trigger fails in the field... Hope the shooter brought a spare rifle, just in case... While the original trigger can be stripped, cleaned and back in business inside of about five minutes...
'
YMMV..

As stated that’s a classic model 70 in the video. BACO’s don’t have that style of bolt shroud.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S

I just read the rest of your post and caught the bolt shroud as well. Somewhere in 300xxx SN range Winchester switched to a flat side bolt shroud.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S

I just read the rest of your post and caught the bolt shroud as well. Somewhere in 300xxx SN range Winchester switched to a flat side bolt shroud.

I've had 7 digit classics with the round bolt shroud. Here's a pretty late 7WSM:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My baco's had the flat sided ones. Even the first year 2008 models:

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My 300 wsm 7 digit is a flat side. I need to look at my 6 digits, I’m probably wrong on the transition to the flat side bolt shroud. I do know it started in the 7 digit time frame..

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
All of you old farts that hate MOA triggers, be sure to state it in your will, that after death, you are to buried with your old open type M70 triggers enclosed with you in your casket. RJ

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rj308
All of you old farts that hate MOA triggers, be sure to state it in your will, that after death, you are to buried with your old open type M70 triggers enclosed with you in your casket. RJ

I'd bet there'd be some grave robbing going on if some of these folks knew I had a passel of P64 triggers in my eternal resting place.

Semper Fi
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
LMAO... Oh ye of so little knowledge.... Too bad you little boys don't obtain some education before you reach adulthood...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Redneck
LMAO... Oh ye of so little knowledge.... Too bad you little boys don't obtain some education before you reach adulthood...

Redneck, I do not doubt that you have much experience and knowledge of Winchester M70 rifles, and I respect that, but you do not know it all. In 100 years, both of us will be dead, but I will bet you that those MOA triggers will still be working fine. RJ

Last edited by rj308; 04/15/22.
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1minute, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 2500HD, 222Sako, 66 invisible), 2,286 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,123
Posts18,502,402
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.