Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm getting sick and tired of people like Zumbo and others who are starting to tell us that we need to be more sensitive about when and where we wear our Camo clothing. Some of these people saying this are the same people that are telling us that we have to accept gays dressed in S&M leather holding hands and kissing in public in the name of tolerance.
I think it past time for them to start tolerating US. Who cares what clothing people wear in public as long as it's decent. And for that matter who cares what kind of gun someone enjoys hunting with as long as they are good ethical hunters and are within the law.

I can maybe see where in some neighborhoods it might not be best to skin your deer in the front yard so maybe move to the back yard. That being said some of my favorite places to be are where you do it in the front yard and your neighbors come by with a knife to help with the skinning or just share hunting stories.
Some people act like there is something wrong with hunting and shooting and so we need to keep it more in the background. BALONEY, we need to do what we do responsibly and in the open so that people can see it's a normal, moral, and fun thing to do not something we need to hide or shy away from.

Thanks, I just needed to get that off my chest.................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Can't tell you how many dates I got whilst wearing camo, chicks dig it, and I ain't kidding.........

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Funny, I agree on camo, not all blooded up and all. Much like I don't care all that much for a greasy mechanic, expect him in the shop but not on the street and so on.

Yet I totally disagree with showing a dead bloody, tongue hanging out carcass on the trailer. most of that has to do with preservation of the meat, but it does bother me some such that a clean animal is fine, nasty is not.

Then there is the issue of rambo with AR and belts of ammo etc...... probably not good for the opinion of many, yet I don't see any issue with a good AR and a mag in it, binocs on my chest and hunting like normal...

Maybe I'm just weird though....

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
chicks dig it, and I ain't kidding.........

Big time, go to any mall and see how many 17 year old girls you'll see wearing it.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
DJ,

Now I'm really pissed, Zumbo has really hit some nerves. Wait 'till
Larry The Cable Guy hears this! mad

[Linked Image]

MtnHtr

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LMAO on that one.

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them." - Mark Twain

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

Exactly. The "stay in the shadows approach" has been tried and has failed miserably. Time to get out in the open with camo in public(Maybe not church or weddings crazy) and AR's, etc. in the hunting woods. The REASON Fudds(Zumbo and his ilk) and other clueless people cringe at the camo clothes or semi-auto versions of military rifles is because it's not common enough. We can fix that.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It worked for the queers, now you can't turn around without seeing a bushel full of them or 17 on TV show........

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
good grief, camo is slap der rigeur here in bama. ain't seen any at a wedding or funeral yet, but i figure it's coming.

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

There wasn't a camo guy on the Village People, was there? THAT may make me re-think the camo thang.... sick

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fish280
good grief, camo is slap der rigeur here in bama. ain't seen any at a wedding or funeral yet, but i figure it's coming.

+1

War Damn Eagle!

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
I wear nice clean camo shirts almost everywhere. Not all the time, but quite frequently. I don't notice any funny looks.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I almost always wear a baseball cap.........its always a camo one.Once I did a job at the local SPCA.My girlfriend said you shouldnt wear your hat........I said watch me!!!Nobody there said a word.But I was ready with an education for them if they did.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've always played to a different drummer. I wear a gun, camo clothing, a Burris Hat and Cowboy Boots. Occasionally you will still see me in my Stetson and chicks dig the camo. I still have a gun rack in my back window and my glove box carries a couple boxes of .22's just in case I run out. Don't be afraid to show your pride of what it is that you are and what you do. We have been silent for too many years, afraid that we have fallen out of favor with the general public. We don't have to throw it in their faces but I will not hide in a hole, because the Hillary's and Kennedy's don't like what I am about. Funny, I don't see them putting food on my table and meat in my freezer. Ryan

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Bushwacker; 02/21/07.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have a camo necktie, and I wear it sometimes (can't find another one, and I do not want to wear it out).......still looking for the matching suspenders.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I could go for her:

[Linked Image]

War Damn Eagle!

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
OK, I admit that I'm stuck in the fifties! But all of this "PC" is "BS". I harm no one so I do not feel the need to say I'm sorry. I gave up trying to impress anyone years ago. If they don't like how I dress, what I say, or my politics, that is their problem, not mine.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Count me in the camp of "show 'em". When my kids went through hunter ed, the instructor was in the "hide in the shadows" camp. We had an interesting discussion.

I would not show up like I just walked in from the slaughterhouse, wearing camo, or not. But when I just come off the mountain, I'll often just make it a point to stop by the grocery store to pick up a few things, boots, wool pants, camo coat and all.

We will NEVER win this battle of the minds if we cannot be proud of what we are, and what we do. JMO, Dutch.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
I want one of those camo neckties.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
The day folks see me less any article of camo clothing is the day they'll all figure I'm in a real bad way...

I'm a Hillbilly dammit.......

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

343 members (2ndwind, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 40 invisible), 2,631 guests, and 1,385 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,316
Posts18,526,383
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.