Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
CORDrew Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Curious about the Ziess V4 4-16x44. I know these are new, but wondering if anyone has had any experience with one yet. Looks interesting... Exposed elevation turret w/ zero stop, capped windage, decent reticle options. Got a coupon in my email to get one for about $815. That price puts it in competition for a spot on one of my rifles... if it turns out to be solid. Any thoughts on these, good or bad?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I saw one last week at a trade show. its the most impressive scope I have ever looked at optically, particularly one with that much scope power. ziess also offers the V6 which IMO isn't anywhere near as good of a scope the v6 has quite a bit of tunneling at all powers. the v4 has a huge view with a very thin outer portion its almost like looking through air. very very impressive. 4x on the low end doesn't feel like 4x because the view appears so big. The have some great reticle choices, zero stop turret, low profile parallax and covered windage. exactly the kind of things people have been asking for. They also offer a 3-12x56 that they claim is marketed toward back east and south hunters. its got covered turrets and the big objective. I wish they offered it with an elevation turret and a 44 or 42 mm objective. 3-12 is exactly the power range I would like. I would definitely buy a 3-12 if they offered it like that. I still will probably pick up a 4-16, The main thing I want to check is tracking, If they track these are an awesome scope.

the zeiss sales guys told me, its jap glass assembled by LOW in japan with german made internals that are sent over to japan for assembly. the V6 models are the same but use schott glass instead.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Wrong. V6 is made in Germany and assembled in Germany and has different internal components. There is more to it than different glass.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Wrong. V6 is made in Germany and assembled in Germany and has different internal components. There is more to it than different glass.

correct ^^^^^^^^

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Doug, in your estimation, is the V6 worth the upgrade in price over the V4?

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ok the sales manager for zeiss sports optics lied to me. Compare v4 to v6 side by side. No way your picking the v6.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Ok the sales manager for zeiss sports optics lied to me. Compare v4 to v6 side by side. No way your picking the v6.

Why not? The V6 is a higher quality scope all the way around.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jwp475

have you compared them. Side by side? Yes or no?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Better quality internals and Scott glass I’d certainly go for the V6 over the V4.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
^^^^^^^^^^^

jwp475, don't cast pearls before swine

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Better quality internals and Scott glass I’d certainly go for the V6 over the V4.

+1 and on the Zeiss website 92% light transmission vs 90% for the VX4

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
2% thats like non fat milk, why bother. Bet the price difference is more than 2%. Will look up later.

Last edited by sidepass; 02/18/18.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
100% higher price for 2% gain in light transmission. TFF! I do understand there are other things your money buys you when you go from the V4 to the V6 but the 2% difference in light transmission is what was highlighted.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

so let me get this straight your telling me how much better a scope is that you haven't even seen in person? and your disagreeing with information that was given to me face to face from the sales manger of the company? interesting......... just when I thought the optics forum couldn't get any nuttier.

oh yeah the topic starter asked who has seen these scopes, why are you commenting?

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 02/18/18.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by sidepass
100% higher price for 2% gain in light transmission. TFF! I do understand there are other things your money buys you when you go from the V4 to the V6 but the 2% difference in light transmission is what was highlighted.

That's a common theme in optics ,rifles,cars and other things. V6 has way more adjustment range, better in lowlight and has better reticle choices as well.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

so let me get this straight your telling me how much better a scope is that you haven't even seen in person? and your disagreeing with information that was given to me face to face from the sales manger of the company? interesting......... just when I thought the optics forum couldn't get any nuttier.

oh yeah the topic starter asked who has seen these scopes, why are you commenting?

You’re the nutty SOB, Doug disputed your BS info

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

+1 and on the Zeiss website 92% light transmission vs 90% for the VX4

Light transmission doesn’t tell the full stor6 of better glass plus better internals.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

correct ^^^^^^^^

Cumminscowboy Your info sucks.

C
CORDrew Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Thanks for the replies. Some good info. I'll let you guys duke out the details. V6 is a little outta my price range but V4 is appealing. Seems like it is too new for anyone to have much shooting time with one yet. If I end up with one I'll report back. It is definitely in the running for my next scope.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'm looking at the Zeiss catalog furnished to EuroOptic:

Conquest V6: 30mm main tube - Matte Black - Second Focal Plane - Schott FL Glass - T* /Six Layer Transmission Coating - LotuTec Hydrophobic Coating
Retail prices from $1,549.99 to $1,899.99. Three Scope offerings, some with exposed turrets - multiple reticle choices, some illuminated.

Conquest V4: 30mm main tube - Matte Black - Second Focal Plane - some with Exposed Turrets - T* Six Layer Transmission Coating - LotuTec Hydrophobic Coating.
Retail prices from $799.99 to $1,199.99. Four scope offerings with multiple reticle choices, some illuminated.

Last edited by OSU_Sig; 02/18/18. Reason: correction on V4 turrets

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,553 guests, and 1,399 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,177
Posts18,484,676
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.