Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Dog got me in the back of the leg because I was young and ignored his growling warning. My own dogs once or twice breaking up a fight. Turtle took a bite out of my shorts once but missed my butt thankfully.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
14 stitches below the waist when a husky tried to give me a vasectomy.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
a couple of horses. Bunch of dogs. A few cats. Snakes. Fish! Lots of Northerns, usually gets infected. Birds.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Don't try to pick up half-shot chipmunks, just saying.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
My own dog bit me in the ass.....by mistake.......he was going for a bit of meat in my hand and I turned away and he
wanted it....my ass was in his way....didn't break through the jeans I had on....but he was so embarrassed he would NOT
come near me for a few days.

IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
yes

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Not love bites. REAL bites?

Yes

Yeah...but most of the time we consider it "fun"....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
BWS Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Two worst were spiders.Both were in the crawl spaces of historic properties we were doing resto work on.The first was under a 1820's Episcopal church(National Register),got the funk at the bite area,sick for a cpl days.The second was a brown recluse bite under a 1790's house.Liked to killed me.The bite area wasn't as puss like as the first? but was knocking on dying from convulsive reactions for a week to 10 days.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
The worst bite was a horse I used to ride a lot. I was feeding him apples or carrots or something like I often did and the SOB bit me on my stomach. It didn’t break the skin surprisingly but did leave a big bruise and hurt like hell for a half a day but I got back in the saddle and we forgave each other even though I’m still not sure what transgression caused him to bite me. I guess even horses have bad days once in awhile. 😉

I use to tell people that feeding a horse from your hand is teaching them to bite you. I don't remember anyone who listened.

I've been bite by 2 dogs and had a lemon shark graze me with an open mouth.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
German Shepherd in the face when I was a kid. A dog I had known for years, still not sure why it happened. My dad was a physician, he took me the ER, shooed away the attending and sewed me up himself. No scars.

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Oh yes, several dogs and several cats. Gotta be really careful when nutting a cat, they will perforate your hand through a leather glove.

A couple horses, a momma pig nearly ate me once while I was nutting her pigs.

Nobody mentioned a pocket gogher yet. I was cleaning a burrow in preparation for setting a trap. The targeted gogher grabbed hold of my finger.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
dog
cat
squirrel
goose
donkey
rattle snake (but it didn't penetrate my boot)
kid

Last edited by djs; 02/18/18.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
About a year ago I reached across to wake my 74 year old wife from a nightmare. She bit my forearm through flannel PJ sleeve and drew blood. She still has bad dreams but I'm more carefull when waking her from them.

Dave

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A dobe tried to take off my left leg above the knee when I was 4, unprovoked. Was my brother that saved my bacon that day. Rat bit me when I was 8.

Then I discovered what ballbats and guns were for and it's been kinda one sided since, 'cept for my Ex. She didn't get a second chance.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Diamondback, dozen bull snakes, a dozen miscellaneous snakes, several horses, a mule, turtles, dogs, cats, squirrel, gopher, ferret (got me twice, came back for thirds and got a 22 lr in the head) a hundred lizards at least, quite a few chickens, geese and ducks. Been bitten by kids and a crazy lady or two that I arrested. I have had a few fish leave a mark too, dang channel cats have some chompers.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Black Mamba.

He got sick and died.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Couple of dog bites breaking up dogfights. Still got a pretty good scar on my calf from one of them.

Got a scar on my shoulder from a fight where the guy latched on to me, he finally let go after I stuck my thumb in his eye and told him he was fixing to lose it.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Chainsaw
Shetland pony
Copperhead
Dachshund (nasty)

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx
How did you get the girl to let go, officer? smile

Lol...my personal worst was an alligator, but it was pure stupidity on my part. Catching frogs one night with a chick I wanted to impress, I snatched up a little gator, about 2' long. I assured her that they can't hurt anyone and let it bite my left index finger. Holy [bleep], it didn't hardly have any teeth, but I'd have sworn Hulk Hogan had me with a pair of channel-locks and wouldn't let go.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
When I worked for SWBTelephone lady said she had a friendly Nowegian Elk hound in her back yard and he was just as friendly as could be.She opened her back door he jumped on me and bite me 3 times,24 stitches in my arm later.I no longer trusted anyone when they had a dog,I did not care what breed,it was locked in a room in the house where I was not going to be needed,period.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,589 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,061
Posts18,482,416
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.