Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 25creedmoor
Well, I get 3,350 FPS with that bullet and Lapua brass

Or if ya want 3,200 with the Berger 115

Plus it duplicates 25-06 velocities in a short action. But don’t mind me ——-

Thanks for the laugh!

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
GB1

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
GFY

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Classy way to introduce yourself to the forum.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I felt like my honesty had been attacked.

Don’t much cotton t being called a liar.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
then this ain't the place for you......

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Late to the party, but I'd put together an 8" twist or faster 6 Creedmoor or 6x47.

Last edited by seattlesetters; 02/26/18.

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Does the 6.5 Creed duplicate 6.5-06 speeds in a short action?

Nah, but that's not it's point...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I felt like my honesty had been attacked.

Don’t much cotton t being called a liar.

The 25 Creed would a case capacity close to the 250 Savage, right? Which would be less than the 25 Souper, or the 257 Roberts, And, yet it is equivalent to the 25/06?

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
You fellas haven’t experimented with the lapua brass with the small primer pockets, have you?

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Originally Posted by huntsman22

I believe you are correct, Sir.

My friends and I still value honesty and integrity.. I thought this was a place where those virtues were held in high esteem, perhaps I was mistaken.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve got a sako l579 with a custom 8 twist 26” barrel with close to the exact contour of the factory barrel. I’ve used it primarily for coyotes and deer with a few antelope also. Shoots a 95 Berger at 3185. I could not hope to improve on this except with a little better case design like a 6 crredmoor. I’ve got about 1100 rounds through it and it still shoots good. As a side note, my chamber is tight and after about 4 loads on a case the case needs to be inside neck reamed. This probably wouldn’t be an issue a 6 creedmoor case. Also the 95 vld is not to bad on coyote pelts if that is of concern.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I tried to make one rifle fill both bills well, but I gave up a long time ago. Back in the late 80s and early 90s good coyotes hides sold for as much as $80 per hide average and you could not blow big holes in them if you shoot for money. I got a 222 Rem (SAKO rifle) and never looked back.

Deer were killed with all kinds of rifles, but my "hide gun" was my 222. None of my "Deer/elk rifles did as well for hide hunting except for one that I will tell you about shortly.

I shot enough coyotes in 4 months of 1988 to pay for a 2 year old Toyota Land Cruiser in like new condition, with a brush guard, winch and a few extra goodies, and I paid in full, in cash.
If I had shot those coyotes with my 243, 257 Roberts, 7X57, 270, 30-30, 30-06, 308s or 35 Remington I am sure I would have made about 1/3 or maybe 40% as much.

The only other rifle I ever used that did real well on coyotes for hide money is one that might surprise many. It was my 375H&H shooting 300 grain solids. It dropped them and never tore up a hide, but the bullets cost enough that you didn't want to miss much. Even reloaded ammo was a bit pricey. I have to say it was excellent, but no better on the hides then my 222, and the 222 cost WAY less to shoot.
But for a "one rifle for everything" (if there is such a thing) I think the 375H&H was the closest thing I ever found.

It's a long ways from what most men think of as a coyote/deer gun.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Something in 6mm

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Well, I get 3,350 FPS with that bullet and Lapua brass

Or if ya want 3,200 with the Berger 115

And they both kill very, very well.

Plus it duplicates 25-06 velocities in a short action. But don’t mind me ——-

Besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Congratulations?!?

Now in fairness...southtexas is as Stupid as you,which is impressive upon multiple levels,none of which you Drooling Dumbfhuqks could begin to understand. Hint.

In a nutshell,the Kreedmire is farrrrrr closer to a 22-250AI/250AI parent,than it is a 22-250/250,as case capacity goes. It happens to boast some of the best brass in da' bidness (Alpha) and small primer pockets don't do anything,other than mandate a firing pin hole bushing job and a turned pin...of which I have more than a bunch. Understatement. Hint.

I get it,that you are another Cross-eyed Drooling Dumbfhuqk and Humor Points are awarded wellllllll in advance,for the confession that you are a Texan. Laffin'!

Anywhoo,as nice as the Kreedmire's mechanical aspects are,it will NEVER in a million fhuqking years,run with a Twat-Six,due the substantial difference in case capacity. Can't/won't/don't,none of which is subjective,though I do enjoy your Day Dreaming Bullschit. Hint.

1000 words beyond your "means","abilities" and "comprehension". Hint. Google it. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Drivin' Virgin false shoulders to form 260AI's in a 8" 24" Hart. Nice place to be,but it assuredly do NOT run with my 1-8" 6.5-06,with ANY boolit,up to an including 147's in beautifully formed cases. That no matter the primer or flash hole sizing,whether it Alpha or Lapooey. Hint.

Not that you could ID a S/A from a L/A. Hint. laffin'!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

If only because Clueless Fhuqks crack me up and I getta kick outta their Imagination and Pretend,I'm rather at ease in extrapolatin' relative case capacities and their performance. Pardon my shooting a "smidge" and being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess. Hint.

No thang,to tote a couple/few rifles of like bore sizing,that just "happen" to differ in case capacity and note the difference(s) in their performance,due them differences. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. Laffin'!

At like(sane) pressures,the 270 on the far left,don't/won't/can't run with a Twat-Six on far right of frame...let alone Kreedmire(4th from left,because you'd never find it without concise directions). The 6 Grendel will outpace it a CH,the 6BR has a leg up on the Grendel and on it goes in succession. 270,6BR,6 Grendel,6 Kreedmire,243Win SALAMI,243Win Aye-Eye,6-284 and 6 Twat-Six. Mainly Hornie 105 HPBT's,though there's a 105 'Max and a 108 ELD in the fray. Hint.

[Linked Image]

All 1-8" or faster. Bart',Brux,PN,X-Caliber,Criterion,ARP...though in fairness,I've a buncha' others. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Now coming full circle and talking S/A 25-06 performance dupe,I can only speak to (3) 25-284's in the larder...though in fairness,I prolly shoot some Bob,Better Bob,25-06AI and 257Wby too. Hint. Why does the 25-284 dupe 25-06 performance? Is it because of primer sizing or flash hole diameter? Not no,but fhuqk NO. It's due simply to like case capacity,making like velocity,at like pressures. Re-hint. Same goes the 6-284 and the 6 Twat-Six extrapolation,for like reason(s). Re-re-hint.

To make your Delusional Fhuqking Fantasies even funnier,dangle some pics of your Pipe Dream,note the particulars of same(twist,throat,COAL,mounts,glass,barrel make/type/length),because it WILL be funnier than fhuqk if you are STUPID enough to "try". Hint.

Back to the REAL World,there are multiple routes that'll reliably arrange splendor,in both .224" and .243" bore sizing. A .257" of like capacity,simply cain't hang,because of the stellar projectiles on both sides of it's bore sizing and none available to it. A 243 will stomp a 25-06,as will a 6 Kreedmire,if only because I shoot them all and then some. The Berger .257" 115's .483 BC is very easy to trump. Hint.

I'm rather at ease with a 1-8" or better 223AI squirtin' 75 ELD .467BC Smooches at 3150fps from a 21" Lever' fueled spout(have 'em in 7,8,9,10,12 and 14" for conversation). Same goes 8" RPM 20" 22 Grendel Krunchenticker ASC fed Smooches with same,at like speed. My SALAMI 1-7" Rock 22-250 scoots 'em at 3300fps,from a 21" spout. My 22-250 Aye-Eye's launch 'em at 3450fps in my 7" RPM 23" Krieger and 3500fps on the nose in my 24" Hart. Starting from scratch and backing up a coupla hunnert rifles,I'd go 22 Kreedmire on a .473" Donor and reap the Alpha splendor at 1-7".Wouldn't change a thang,upon a .378" Donor and rock 223AI.

In .243",I'm more than "comfy" with a 270 in either 7 or 8" RPM(have both) and groove upon their 18" and 19" spouts respectively. An 8" RPM 20" 6 Grendel feeding 108 ELD magfed ASC Smooches,will reliably fhuqk with heads and I've only got a couple of them. Tough to whoop a 6BR whether in 7 or 8" RPM(have both) and I'll happily trade FPS away,to reap it's incredible Accuracy,Precision and Consistency. The 6 XC ain't horrid,but mechanically,I prefer the Kreedmire...though one can use Alpha Kreedmire Virgins to eek same(have only shot 'em in 7 and 8" RPM). The 6 Kreedmire is a nice way to fly,but I only have 'em in 7 and 8" RPM,both slated to 108 ELD's and their .536BC at 3050fps. No flies on a 243Win SALAMI,as I prolly have a few of them too(grin). The 243AI is a nice way to fly,though none of mine are faster than 8". The 6mm Rem and 6mm Rem Aye-Eye are EPIC pieces of fhuqking schit BT/DT and have all the T-shirts. The 6-284 is fairly fabulous,but starts taxing a S/A purty good in COAL latitude,even when fed with binderless AICS mags...which I of course do. Have 'em in 8 and 9" RPM...with 8" being where it's at. I'd mebbe say sumptin' about a 23" Montucky 8" RPM Brux contour dupe,wearing a shorter shoulder in Twat-Six and 105's at 3350fps with 105's,but it's a L/A. Ooops. Hint. Laffin'!

Disregard the 110 Sugar Smooch in the 6BR,despite it's .617BC billing. Never could accrue anything nearing "faith" in a Sugar of any ilk,when it comes to non-CNS Terminal Effects. My 7" shoots 'em purty happily,yet shy of 108 ELD magnitude,so their an easy pass...though a Quarterbore KILLER. Hint. Google it. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Always a fhuqking HOOT...when yet another Clueless Lying Fhuqk shows up,to talk out her ass...you are doing "great"!

Bless your heart.

GOOD talk.

Laffin'!

Wow +P++!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by huntsman22

I believe you are correct, Sir.

My friends and I still value honesty and integrity.. I thought this was a place where those virtues were held in high esteem, perhaps I was mistaken.

Did you realize that this is an internet forum?

While the 24HCF isn't a black hole of virtues, the anonymity of the keyboard tends to bring out the worst attributes of loutishness in some people.

However, most of us have been called worse things by better people, so if you take the personal attacks with a grain of NaCl and take them for what they are worth you'll be OK.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
You fellas haven’t experimented with the lapua brass with the small primer pockets, have you?

Small rifle primers are usually good for another 200fps.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
25C: well you’ve now seen the worst that this forum has to offer, in the form of Boxer. If you can ignor him, as most of us do, you will do fine here.

Larry: it’s good to see that your interpersonal skills are at least consistent.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Guess I’ll give this another try..

I have a number of SPF actions, yes they are a Rem clone, however, they have an .068 firing pin. So when running higher pressure loads the primers won’t pucker or pierce as easily. Also using CCI 450’s which seem to resist pressures better than many others. The 6.5 creed LAPUA brass with the small pocket has more brass supporting the case head and resists case head expansion better than any domestic brass I’ve ever used.

My 25 has a. Bartlein barrel. Perhaps it’s a “fast” barrel but the velocities reported are accurate.
I have worked with 6mm versions enough to have a considerable data base to compare its performance with the .25.. both are great cartridges. I absolutely do not recommend any loads or pushing the envelope, I’m just reporting what I’ve done.

Boxer may have a different opinion

Last edited by 25creedmoor; 02/27/18.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Guess I’ll give this another try..

I have a number of SPF actions, yes they are a Rem clone, however, they have an .068 firing pin. So when running higher pressure loads the primers won’t pucker or pierce as easily. Also using CCI 450’s which seem to resist pressures better than many others. The 6.5 creed LAPUA brass with the small pocket has more brass supporting the case head and resists case head expansion better than any domestic brass I’ve ever used.

My 25 has a. Bartlein barrel. Perhaps it’s a “fast” barrel but the velocities reported are accurate.
I have worked with 6mm versions enough to have a considerable data base to compare its performance with the .25.. both are great cartridges. I absolutely do not recommend any loads or pushing the envelope, I’m just reporting what I’ve done.

Boxer may have a different opinion

If you’re running 25-06 velocities from a Creedmoor sized case, you are running very high pressure. No way around simple physics. Just because your setup doesn’t show pressure signs, doesn’t make it safer.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Agreed

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

140 members (7887mm08, 1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 10 invisible), 1,572 guests, and 926 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,328
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.