Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
For the last 100 years, semi auto firearms with high capacity magazines have been available. Prior to the GCA of 1968, it was legal to order semi automatic firearms and magazines and have the mailman deliver them. You could mail order hi-powers, thompsons, surplus military firearms, handguns, Garrand, 30 carbines with no paperwork. Many of these firearms had high capacity magazines and matched most modern firearms in rapidity of fire.

Prior to the 80s, mass shootings were a rarity in America even though high capacity magazines and rapid firing firearms were available.

What changed America? I doubt government engaging in gun control is going to solve the changes in America that have created mass shooters.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
The libs changed America.

MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
drugs

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lennie
For the last 100 years, semi auto firearms with high capacity magazines have been available. Prior to the GCA of 1968, it was legal to order semi automatic firearms and magazines and have the mailman deliver them. You could mail order hi-powers, thompsons, surplus military firearms, handguns, Garrand, 30 carbines with no paperwork. Many of these firearms had high capacity magazines and matched most modern firearms in rapidity of fire.

Prior to the 80s, mass shootings were a rarity in America even though high capacity magazines and rapid firing firearms were available.

What changed America? I doubt government engaging in gun control is going to solve the changes in America that have created mass shooters.

The internet...

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
In the 1970's the liberals used bombs, not rifles:

[Linked Image]

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
It started with LBJ letting the riots go on in our country.. He was covering his role in JFK's death, and if America was focused on riots, they had no time to consider his crimes..
People broke the law and got away with it. It became illegal to shot a fleeing felon.. And of course the drugs...

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
libs, drugs, internet, and bad gov't

MOLON LABE
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
When I bought my first CAR it was $700 in 93 and I have to order it from a very fine gun shop in a large city.
Now you can basically buy one for less than $500 at 5 different locations in every city.
I, more popular will equal a larger probability that they are used criminally.
Simple numbers game.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I don't see the worth of banning AR's. A Ruger Mini-14 with a high cap magazine is just a lethal. As is a Remington 740 or 760 with a large magazine as shown on e-Bay ( http://www.ebay.com/bhp/remington-7400-10-round-magazine ).

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Libs, drugs, social media and network news coverage for starters.

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Kids were shown love and discipline. Now if you show discipline you can be put in jail and the kids know it. They have violent video games and violent movies to watch. They are always in front of a screen rather than outside playing or reading a good book. They don't interact except on social media. They still bully, but it seems more vicious these days. I was bullied off and on all through school, but I never thought about taking a gun and killing anyone. My heroes were the cowboy actors of the day. There was good and evil, right and wrong. Now the lines have been blurred. I know the people playing those characters were flawed just like everyone else, but we tried to be as much like the onscreen person as possible. If we got in trouble at school we got in trouble at home. Now the parents too often choose to sue the school or teacher. Heck there was a teacher in Colorado just arrested for child abuse for making a kid stand for the anthem.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At it's core two things. Smaller families, without or with fathers, make every child "special". The Chinese call their only children "little emperors", entitled brats that have never done anything wrong and believe the world owes them everything. God forbid they get a hang nail, so they are mollycoddled away from the real world.

The second problem is the complete domination of our education system by females. Boys can no longer be boys. Nobody gets a bloody nose in a school yard brawl anymore. Conflicts don't get resolved, and kids never learn what it is to get hurt, or to hurt someone. Male teachers and administrators are required to overcome the estrogen tsunami.

It's the same as making your kids clean their first rabbit they shoot. Once they are faced with that finality of death, it's no longer glamorous.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Parents aren't raising their kids. Kids are just growing up.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by djs
I don't see the worth of banning AR's. A Ruger Mini-14 with a high cap magazine is just a lethal. As is a Remington 740 or 760 with a large magazine as shown on e-Bay ( http://www.ebay.com/bhp/remington-7400-10-round-magazine ).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ding-men-attack-train-station-China.html

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

[Linked Image]

It would be interesting to see another line on that graph - how many fatalities per year.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Parents aren't raising their kids. Kids are just growing up.

That's a lot of it. My parents knew where I was at all times, and laid down rules to live by. That's a rarity today.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by logger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

[Linked Image]

It would be interesting to see another line on that graph - how many fatalities per year.

Logger,

Here's the link to the original WAPO article. It has a few more charts and graphs along with some commentary:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...he-united-states/?utm_term=.d5699198d5ec

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
So true. I’ve been asking the same of lefty’s while debating this isssue. I add that the evil AR has been with us for over 50years.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Value of life, responsibility/accountability, religion (ie. 10 Commandments), violence shown on TV or video games.

Last edited by Esox357; 02/20/18.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The criminally insane were no longer institutionalized is what happened, they prey upon the rest of society in our schools, shopping malls, music concerts and military bases. Once they've wreaked their carnage upon their innocent fellow citizens they're allowed to hide behind insanity pleas in our courts. That's what has changed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

246 members (160user, 257 roberts, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 2UP, 30 invisible), 1,669 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,289
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.