Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Lindsey Vonn took the Bronze in the Women's Downhill.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you ain’t first, you’re last!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not a fan.......

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
She didnt aknowledge being thankful for what she got. Just the sob story about how it's over and her body is too destroyed for 4 more years. Glad I watched the US get humiliated in figure skating instead.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
That above is TFF...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Who?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Who dat

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by KenMi
She didnt aknowledge being thankful for what she got. Just the sob story about how it's over and her body is too destroyed for 4 more years. Glad I watched the US get humiliated in figure skating instead.

"“It’s so rewarding.. ... Of course I would have liked a gold medal, but this is amazing and I am so proud.”

“I gave it my best shot, I worked my butt off.”"

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Oldest woman ever to medal in the downhill. I don't agree with her politics, but that's not what it's all about anyway. Most of the haters couldn't even snowplow down that run, much less race on it.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
So? Most of her "haters" here wouldn't have any problem defending the US Constitution and standing for the Anthem and saluting the Flag and not complaining about making a few million dollars for producing nothing.

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Olympics. What a colossal waste of time on worthless human antics. I would rather watch ketchup flow out of a spilled bottle.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Jeezus, get your facts straight. The comment that got her in trouble was about not visiting the Trump White House, it had nothing to do with the constitution, flag, or anthem, and nothing to do with complaining about what she does. What I keep hearing is "she needs to respect the office, regardless of who occupies it."

Right. If she'd said the same thing about Obama, people would be hailing her as a hero and true patriot. Hypocrisy knows no bounds. Are athletes not allowed to express an opinion when asked a question? If you're in favor of freedom and free speech, you're in favor of it even when you disagree. If you're not, you're not.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
Oldest woman ever to medal in the downhill. I don't agree with her politics, but that's not what it's all about anyway. Most of the haters couldn't even snowplow down that run, much less race on it.

Nor keep being sown back together countless times and still compete on the national level....Good post

After the light goes out the Koreans will hate each other again. The Russians will be Russians, China will still be stealing intellectual property, Nigeria will still be trying to scam people out of their money, someone in some country on the Olympic committee will be raking off the bottom, etc, etc.

Yesterday Lindsey Vonn won bronze, and 10 years from now her political stance, outside of those who follow the sport will be a footnote on wikipedia.

laissez les bons temps rouler
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Jeezus, get your facts straight. The comment that got her in trouble was about not visiting the Trump White House, it had nothing to do with the constitution, flag, or anthem, and nothing to do with complaining about what she does. What I keep hearing is "she needs to respect the office, regardless of who occupies it."

Right. If she'd said the same thing about Obama, people would be hailing her as a hero and true patriot. Hypocrisy knows no bounds. Are athletes not allowed to express an opinion when asked a question? If you're in favor of freedom and free speech, you're in favor of it even when you disagree. If you're not, you're not.

I think a lot of us are just fed up with those in the spotlight running our country and our President down. I kind of creates a defensive/protective reaction in us.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Tim,

Politics has been a part of Olympic history. History says Nero competed in the chariot race, fell off and still declared himself the winner and those who were in lock-step most assuredly gave a thumbs up. Or else it was off to fight the Lions next weekend.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Was sure hoping she would get bumped off the bronze... was thrilled when Carolyn came in the office and said she was bumped to bronze at least.

You make your bed, you lie in it.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I watched NBC last night and saw absolutely nothing about Diggins first women's gold in x-country.
Evidently it was an exciting finish.
Meanwhile I saw WAY too much coverage of Vonn, her sisters, and a downhill where the results did not change after the first few runs.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The comment that got her in trouble was about not visiting the Trump White House,

Which undoubtedly means that she's a leftist who was stupid enough to have voted for Hillary

Stupid leftists are destroying America.

Fug her.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J

Obama deserves all the bashing he gets, being he's a left wing commie, America hating, muslim.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The comment that got her in trouble was about not visiting the Trump White House,

Which undoubtedly means that she's a leftist who was stupid enough to have voted for Hillary

Stupid leftists are destroying America.

Fug her.

I voted for Trump and would again. However, if I won Olympic gold I wouldn't go either and would say so. The place is essentially a cesspool of crime, including that which goes on in the seats of power. Because our guy is there has not changed the fact. Nor do I have any faith it will .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 72 invisible), 3,114 guests, and 1,374 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,255
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.