Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by krp
If anyone going has folding tables and room please bring them.

Kent

I'm bringing 2 4' tables with me.I should be there by noon on Friday. My friend is not feeling to well and will not be making this trip.

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
just reviewed the calendar with the boss (the one here at home). Its not looking like I can make it for an overnight this year. Probably not even a day trip. But me coueshunter and I were talking about it today, and we're going to try for next year!

Poole

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I just threw my wool britches in my bag.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
I just threw my wool britches in my bag.
That's a halfway good move Ed - the other halfway good move may be putting them on for Friday. That forecast is not getting any better. Sat and Sun look good.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bob - if you don't zip or tie tight that antiquated shelter tonight, you may have a javelina or two as bedmates by morning. Never heard one snore, but they sure do smell funny.

Ranger - we can gin up some scary snake doings if you want to take the good wife to a higher level of interest.

Miles, my friend, I can GARONTEE you that the term peckerwood was not in any way racist where I grew up. Actually, I guess that person was a pecker thief. Anyway, I'll protect the newer/bigger one a lot better - no more decorated hats onto public racks. As for your making those earrings for Janet, that is one first class creative idea and I can't wait to see your concoction - and her face when you present them.

Getting near bed time here if M and I are going to get the early start we intend. Looking forward to joining all of you critters.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I hear Dennis has a very accommodating dawg!!!

Dang that poor dog scared the beejeebees outa me...<grin>

Last edited by bcolorado; 02/21/18.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The lovely and talented Ms Niki has a speaking engagement in ABQ tomorrow and again Friday morning, so we will head for Albuquerque in the AM, spend the night and head for AZ as soon as we can on Friday, like @ 1200.

I-40 West from ABQ, Holbrook turnoff, Heber, Payson, and Punkin Center, Marriott. ETA 6 PM if all goes well. I will bring a camp table. If something is needed (alcohol, gunpowder, flour, tortillas, etc.) from the Big City, text Wife's cell # at 575-642-4751 and we will try to round up such things.

Niki is on a special diet for a GI affliction, as per Mayo in Phoenix. She will be bringing her own food, mostly, but really enjoys the company of this bunch of reprobates, so don't tease her too much. She still likes elk, deer and beef, so we will probably re-up for another 40 years.

Temperatures here have dropped again tonight. We will be anticipating cool weather in AZ and warm conversations around the campfire. Safe travels, amigos.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As for your making those earrings for Janet, that is one first class creative idea and I can't wait to see your concoction - and her face when you present them.

I first thought of them for Maddy, but I don't want Her mad at me. I figured that if Janet would not get mad at you, for what you pulled last year, I would be OK. I still wanted to run it by you first. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It is a beautiful, sunny clear morning in Tonto Basin. The air is filled with the aroma of cooking bacon and sausage. The temp at 9:00 am is in the high 40s but quite pleasant in the bright sunshine with no breeze.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Milo, tell everyone that I said Hi. Wish that I could have made it. miles

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We are missing you, too, Miles. Kaywoodie is in full form, so you know what you are missing. Our sides are starting to hurt from laughing so hard. Dave Price and Doug Wynn are here now, getting settled in. Still nice and sunny and clear. 58 degrees with a breeze at 2:10 pm.

Nifty-250

Yogi Berra
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
DARBY, the mayor of Show Low, AZ just arrived. I hope his town can get by without him for a few days !!

Nifty-250

Yogi Berra
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks for the updates guys, keep it coming I am jealous

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kaywoodie is in full form, so you know what you are missing. Our sides are starting to hurt from laughing so hard.

Get Him and David (Paladin) together, cutting up, and you will hurt for days. miles

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lots more rolling in now. OWL is here and Dennis and Ruby arrived and got their tent set up under the tree. Mark and Marcia from Benson, AZ arrived with their high-stepping all-terrain trailer. Paul and Maddie are delayed in Payson with a mechanical problem. Hopefully they can make it in tomorrow. Lots of good friendship and fellowship is already taking place. The firing line opened today with some informal practice. The weather was nice today with lighter breezes. Let the good times roll!

Nifty-250

Yogi Berra
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Late night update: Paul and Maddie made it into camp after dark to an enthusiastic welcoming committee. Minor problems delayed them in Payson, but Paul dug out some tools and put his brain to work and solved the problems. All is well as the moon rises over Tonto Basin.

Nifty-250

Yogi Berra
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good to hear. miles

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Heading up there in a few hours. Should be in late afternoon/early evening.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I am eating a killer plate of Arizona Mexican food in Globe at the moment.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dang. I sure hate missing another one of these gigs. This having to work for a living sucks out loud.

Have fun guys.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1badf350, 163bc, 1minute, 06hunter59, 60 invisible), 2,653 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,597
Posts18,473,504
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.