-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This zero tolerance crap is B.S. and has led to some weird results in the past, most of which have been mocked on the ‘fire.

You guys can’t even make up your own minds.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Thanks for posting this! I have passed this along to many of my friends. Considering all the concern about the possibility of school shootings for the school not to report the killer bringing bullets to a school is simply negligence. They are likely to pay dearly in a court of law for this, and rightfully so. The tragic part is that because of their "touchy feely, feel good" mentality numerous innocent kids are dead. What a shame.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
Thanks for posting this! I have passed this along to many of my friends. Considering all the concern about the possibility of school shootings for the school not to report the killer bringing bullets to a school is simply negligence. They are likely to pay dearly in a court of law for this, and rightfully so. The tragic part is that because of their "touchy feely, feel good" mentality numerous innocent kids are dead. What a shame.
The LEO's, Feebs, Superintendent and School Board won't pay a thing. It will be paid for by insurance which is paid for by the taxpayers in the case of local law enforcement and the schools.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yup. It's everybody's fault but the guy who did it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JMR40
Not that I disagree with any of the above posts. But I find the irony overwhelming. Zero Tolerance policies have been around for a while and they have been widely criticized on the internet. Particularly here on the Campfire as replacing "common sense". Mainly by idiots who have no idea how they even work. But the 1st time school officials uses what they think was a more "common sense" approach and it backfires in their faces they are criticized for not following zero tolerance policies.

I've always supported the zero tolerance policies because unlike most internet commando's I understand how they work. Any time a kid does certain things at school, such as having a knife, it is reported to police who investigate. Schools do not have the resources to determine if it was an honest mistake, or a bigger problem. Normally the kid isn't allowed back to school until after the investigation which typically takes 2-3 days.

If LE determine it was a good kid who made an honest mistake they don't press charges and the kid comes back to school. The 2-3 days the kid is out of school are considered suspension for a minor rule violation and life goes on.

If LE does determine there was a real threat they take over and the kid is expelled from school.

Over the years I've seen dozens of stories posted about some poor kid who made an honest mistake and showed up with a knife at school and how he was a victim of stupid zero tolerance policies. The problem with these stories is that the kids, their parents and friends are free to say ANYTHING they want to the press. The schools, because of privacy laws, simply cannot comment and let us hear "the rest of the story". I've NEVER known of a kid who wasn't treated correctly after an incident like this.

There is no way to say how many, but I'm certain many such incidents have been prevented by catching a problem early by using the zero tolerance policies.

Your problem with this post is that this policy, in the superintendents owners was not about common sense, it was about not having so many black students arrested

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The vast majority of the condemnation of zero tolerance is directed at the incidents where some kid chews his humus sandwich (peanut butter is not allowed in schools anymore) into the shape of a gun and gets suspended for it. Not when some trouble making kid with obvious signs of mental instability breaks serious rules. There is a difference.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
The vast majority of the condemnation of zero tolerance is directed at the incidents where some kid chews his humus sandwich (peanut butter is not allowed in schools anymore) into the shape of a gun and gets suspended for it. Not when some trouble making kid with obvious signs of mental instability breaks serious rules. There is a difference.

Exactly. A zero-tolerance policy removes the requirement for school employees to think. It's not an either/or situation with no middle ground.

Innocuous actions that are typical of "play" by children is different from felonious actions prior to some schitbird killing 17.

Shocking that members are unable to process the difference.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by ironbender

Nikolas Cruz was a known threat. Known by the administrators of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. It’s a clear case where a known dangerous student was not reported to the police. Why?

Because back in 2013, the Broward County School Board adopted a program where they don’t relay information to police about troubled students.

NPR reported in Fla. School District Trying To Curb School-To-Prison Pipeline;

It’s a move away from so-called “zero tolerance” policies that require schools to refer even minor misdemeanors to the police. Critics call it a “school to prison pipeline.”

Under a new program adopted by the Broward County School District, non-violent misdemeanors — even those that involve alcohol, marijuana or drug paraphernalia — will now be handled by the schools instead of the police.

Cruz was banned from carrying a backpack at school after bullets were found in his backpack. Cruz was expelled from MSD last year after a fight with his ex-girlfriend’s new boyfriend.

Non-violent misdemeanors? Even so, red flags were flying.

Again, the Broward County School Board has an official policy requiring that they don’t tell the police about non-violent incidents with troubled youth.

“There were problems with him last year threatening students, and I guess he was asked to leave campus,” Maths teacher Jim Gard told The Miami Herald.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ver-reported-nikolas-cruz-to-the-police/

"Nikolas Cruz was a known threat. Known by the administrators of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. It’s a clear case where a known dangerous student was not reported to the police. Why?

"Because back in 2013, the Broward County School Board adopted a program where they don’t relay information to police about troubled students."

It was more then just the Broward County School Board - the police (as I understand it) called on his home 39 times (?) but no action was taken. I wonder how those officers and Broward County Child Services feel now? Off, course, we all know it was the gun's fault, not those who gave him a pass.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bellydeep
This zero tolerance crap is B.S. and has led to some weird results in the past, most of which have been mocked on the ‘fire.

You guys can’t even make up your own minds.

I have to agree. Zero tolerance is a simplistic method of covering the school board's azz, and removing any and all need to actually handle a given situation with thought and wisdom. ZT does not work anywhere it is used. Not with drunk driving, not with drug issues, not with school discipline issues.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Yup. It's everybody's fault but the guy who did it.

Precisely, While there is no doubt that the school and the FBI made some very poor decisions the blame rests squarely on the Schitbirds shoulders.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
The Broward Country sheriff and the school principal both said they don't know why Cruz was expelled last year. I'm pretty sure they both know.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,734 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,203
Posts18,503,710
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.