-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Kinda based on a true story of Winchester Repeating Arms owner's widow, and the Winchester Mansion she believed was haunted by all the people killed by Winchester rifles.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I you ask me, it's all prolly true!

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Some history of the house.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
There isn’t room in there for all the people killed by Winchester firearms.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
There isn’t room in there for all the people killed by Winchester firearms.

Imagine how haunted Sam'l Colt's house must be... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Wonder if the Winchester Mansion is haunted by all the deer, bunnies, and dove, quail, elk, etc.?

Maybe they keep the lawn grazed down? laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been in the house, it is a interesting and quirky place.

Her husband and at least some of her kids died at young ages, IIRC, and it no doubt caused her grief and paranoia

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
JACAW
Just another crazy azzed woman.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunzo
JACAW
Just another crazy azzed woman.

She had the money to fund her delusions though. Wonder if she'd been left penniless and had to work for a living to survive, if she would have been as crazy?

She probably wouldn't have had the time.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have gone through the house, it is a very strange place. I would not want to spend the night in there.
Lots of hidden passages, doors that go nowhere, places where she could spy on people.
I did not at all feel comfortable just touring the place during the middle of the day.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Wonder if the Winchester Mansion is haunted by all the deer, bunnies, and dove, quail, elk, etc.?

Maybe they keep the lawn grazed down? laugh

Keeps all the freezers working overtime.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
I have gone through the house, it is a very strange place. I would not want to spend the night in there.
Lots of hidden passages, doors that go nowhere, places where she could spy on people.
I did not at all feel comfortable just touring the place during the middle of the day.

LOL......pussy......it's definitely the work of a crazy person with too much time and money on their hands but it didn't freak me out.

I was thinking about the lucky contractor.....a never ending job that you can't screw up. smile

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Loved that place as a kid. Brother and I were constantly getting into trouble sneaking off from the tour groups and wandering around. Much more lax in those days though.

Laughed when I saw they made a movie about it though.

Last edited by FatCity67; 02/22/18.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Does the movie have a subtle anti gun message?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
The story that Sara Winchester was insane or influenced by spiritualists or ghosts is false. Back in the '80's they did an interview with an elderly lady that knew Mrs.Winchester when she was a young girl,and who stayed in contact with Mrs Winchester's secretary after Mrs Winchester died. She stated that Mrs.Winchester was a very kind and intelligent woman who made the 'Winchester Mystery House' as a part hobby and part charity to keep people employed in a depressed area. She is notable in giving out many charitable donations in her time and was not reclusive. In fact the old lady being interviewed stated that Mrs.Winchester never lived in the mystery house.

All the rumors,stories,and bizarre tales started coming out after a company bought the house in 1974 for a tourist attraction.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TWBryan
The story that Sara Winchester was insane or influenced by spiritualists or ghosts is false. Back in the '80's they did an interview with an elderly lady that knew Mrs.Winchester when she was a young girl,and who stayed in contact with Mrs Winchester's secretary after Mrs Winchester died. She stated that Mrs.Winchester was a very kind and intelligent woman who made the 'Winchester Mystery House' as a part hobby and part charity to keep people employed in a depressed area. She is notable in giving out many charitable donations in her time and was not reclusive. In fact the old lady being interviewed stated that Mrs.Winchester never lived in the mystery house.

All the rumors,stories,and bizarre tales started coming out after a company bought the house in 1974 for a tourist attraction.
The first time I heard of the house was when I was reading an old, even then, issue of True West, Frontier Times or the like, back probably in the late sixties or early seventies when I was still in Grade School. The problem with 1974 is that the magazine had to have come out in the late fifties or early sixties. The Winchester House was known to be haunted way, way back.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TWBryan

This seems more plausible. We went there for a tour last year. A few weird stairs/doors but overall a neat old BIG house. Tour guides did say that Sarah was active working on the ranch and marketing the products grown there.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,603
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.