Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once.

I recently read about the Fort Hood shooting. One unarmed brave man rushed the shooter but was killed in the act. Another brave man attacked the shooter with a chair (think about that, a chair) but he was also mortally wounded.

Here's your assignment: Google Jeanne Assam. When she heard about a church shooting at a neighboring town she asked the pastor of her church if she could come back for a later service and act as armed security. When her church was indeed targeted, she engaged the shooter and dropped his sorry ass.

A woman. One Hell of a woman, actually.

I will never say the word "coward" again. Instead I will say "Scott Peterson."

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
GB4

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've seen some news article comments excusing his inaction say he couldn't go up against a rifle with a handgun. On May 3, 2015 two AK 47 armed Muzzies showed up to crash Pam Geller's draw Mohammed party. If I heard correctly they were successfully interdicted by a man with only a handgun.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The words hero and coward are being tossed a bit too easily here. Peterson proved himself a coward, doubtless, but had he entered he still would have quite a way to go to prove a hero. Ordinary folks would beat that door down to get inside and do something.

An armed cop would simply be doing his job and could not apply for any of his former heroic awards. If he sneaked up on the shooter and shot him in the back I would applaud him for his cunning and effectiveness but not heroism, exactly.

Someone needs to redo the Kenny Rogers coward song...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by night_owl
Sheriff Israel has stated that the video recordings showing deputy Peterson's activities during the incident might not ever be "disclosed".

Cause he was on his damn radio trying to get in, and they told him to let SWAT handle it. Those tapes are probably molten

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Hastings
I've seen some news article comments excusing his inaction say he couldn't go up against a rifle with a handgun. On May 3, 2015 two AK 47 armed Muzzies showed up to crash Pam Geller's draw Mohammed party. If I heard correctly they were successfully interdicted by a man with only a handgun.

While an undercover FBI agent who knew the Muzzies were going to attack the party stood by and watched.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sheriff Israel has stated that the video recordings showing deputy Peterson's activities during the incident might not ever be "disclosed".

Because chitting your pants down both legs isn't very PC.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by Hastings

While an undercover FBI agent who knew the Muzzies were going to attack the party stood by and watched and took photos.

Fixed it.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I feel the same way.

I am not the bravest but if i had to i could try to do what i could to stop it.

I will have no problem sleeping at night after killing someone that needs it.

It's been a while.

I just hope that his actions brings some better reactions to these situations when they come up.

If it were known that armed folks were in the school i believe that these type of events will stop.

The folks that do these things don't/won't like the fact that someone will be shooting back.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

A hundred grand a year is crazy stupid. Especially when it's wasted.

Set up a VOLUNTEER program, call it Hurt Locker. Each classroom has a biometric arms and kevlar cache. Filled or not depends on the teacher. Locker is alarmed to the school central network. Also, a camera is there to monitor any person that opens or attempts to open the locker, anyone tampering is expelled, fired, jailed. The volunteer defender picks whatever they want for a firearm, for close-order of course. Plus vest and face protection.

Volunteers should have a good insurance program set up, paid for by the school system, so if they step up and are killed or wounded, their families won't have to worry about finances, pensions and the like.

There's another "advantage" -- if you're pinned in a room and can't conveniently hide, you're gonna fight, especially if you have to protect innocents.

Lots of other things could be thought of in a rational manner.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
The words hero and coward are being tossed a bit too easily here. Peterson proved himself a coward, doubtless, but had he entered he still would have quite a way to go to prove a hero. Ordinary folks would beat that door down to get inside and do something.

An armed cop would simply be doing his job and could not apply for any of his former heroic awards. If he sneaked up on the shooter and shot him in the back I would applaud him for his cunning and effectiveness but not heroism, exactly.

Someone needs to redo the Kenny Rogers coward song...

I thought about posting a link to that song, but it is backwards to this reality.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If so, a FOIA request should be in order.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Having armed and willing response is a step towards hardening soft targets, and a step in the right direction.

The liberals are screaming for control. They want govt to control a free society, and that just isn't possible. In fact, it's insane.

Liberal gun grabbers and freedom grabbers could have all the weapons magically disappear, and some nutjob would still find a way.

I think I'll keep my guns for when they do.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
If I could sneak up on the bastard and put a few rounds in his back, giving him no chance whatsoever, so much the better. If you come after me in such a setting with a gun and I get the drop on you, well, the Marquess of Queensberry can go fuck himself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am assuming that Mr. Cruz knew there was an SRO at the school and he chose to go anyway. It's obvious, he was not afraid of the Deputy Peterson. Maybe he knew that he was not going to be confronted which helped him make his decision to go into the school armed with criminal intent. I hope the next SRO has the kids $hitting tacks knowing full well they may be confronted by him or her. It seems Deputy Peterson was too much of a "friend" and not enough of an "enforcer". (meat eater) But, the School got what they wanted and up until a few days ago, they were happy with their choice.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Seems to me this is a tale wherein everybody went full retard for whatever reason it served purposes at the time. Bureaucracies work in strange ways, and today's goat is often yesterday's hero.

So most here are philosophically violent in criticism of the deputy and I understand that. I would not have lingered outside pickin' my nose while this was going down, but I have an advantage over most here on the 'Fire, that being the fact that I've been in gun fights before. Some of you have also, but I'd bet most have not. To those of you who have not, I suggest you are clueless in regards to how you will react to engaging an armed hostile. Dreams and action are two different things. It does not matter if you are in the right or not, killing someone is a very sobering experience. Give it a thought before you cast the first stone......

Ingwe commented early in this discussion and perhaps a different telling of the point he made is in order. For those that wilt under fire the very first casualty is self esteem. I did not see this often in years gone by, but it does happen and there is no undoing it. The deputy's life has descended directly into hell on this earth. You don't need to criticize him, for he will do so far more viciously than any of you can imagine. At that very crystalline moment he failed badly and totally. No one is perfect for all circumstances; not him, not you. Not everybody is cut out to do heroic deeds. Let it go and know he faces the most severe of all judges for his actions.

And if you want to bitch about it, pick on the FBI or Broward County Sheriff's Office. They were the ones that had time to reflect; yet chose failure as the solution. Over and over and over again.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
This is why teachers with CCWs need to be authorized to carry on the job. Teachers know the kids, have relationships with them, and therefore care about their safety. Resource Officers tend to be aloof with regard to the kids, and don't seem to have attachment to them. They are therefore more likely to think in terms of getting home safely at the end of their shift than protecting the students from a dangerous shooter.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Ole Scott had him a 'tater'.....and blew it!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Only a matter of time until this guys conscience gets the better of him and he suck-starts a Glock.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Power trip of a little lieberal tyrant.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Seems to me this is a tale wherein everybody went full retard for whatever reason it served purposes at the time. Bureaucracies work in strange ways, and today's goat is often yesterday's hero.

So most here are philosophically violent in criticism of the deputy and I understand that. I would not have lingered outside pickin' my nose while this was going down, but I have an advantage over most here on the 'Fire, that being the fact that I've been in gun fights before. Some of you have also, but I'd bet most have not. To those of you who have not, I suggest you are clueless in regards to how you will react to engaging an armed hostile. Dreams and action are two different things. It does not matter if you are in the right or not, killing someone is a very sobering experience. Give it a thought before you cast the first stone......

Ingwe commented early in this discussion and perhaps a different telling of the point he made is in order. For those that wilt under fire the very first casualty is self esteem. I did not see this often in years gone by, but it does happen and there is no undoing it. The deputy's life has descended directly into hell on this earth. You don't need to criticize him, for he will do so far more viciously than any of you can imagine. At that very crystalline moment he failed badly and totally. No one is perfect for all circumstances; not him, not you. Not everybody is cut out to do heroic deeds. Let it go and know he faces the most severe of all judges for his actions.

And if you want to bitch about it, pick on the FBI or Broward County Sheriff's Office. They were the ones that had time to reflect; yet chose failure as the solution. Over and over and over again.

100% agree with this and echos my own thoughts. You will never know how you react in a situation until you are there. Like I said above, only a matter of time for this guy. He cannot escape the voices in his own head now.

Last edited by Mink; 02/23/18.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

407 members (16gage, 14idaho, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 48 invisible), 2,284 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,990
Posts18,481,076
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.