-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just been announced there were FOUR deputies outside hiding. Anothe counties 2 deputies arrived and went in, the Broward County Deputies refused until more got there.

GB4

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeBob
It doesn’t take training to know what to do here. You can contrast the actions of those four chickenschits with the guy in Texas who RAN TOWARDS the church shooter while he was stuffing shells in his magazine.

Barefoot, and only 5 bullets (iirc) all he had handy.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
If the coach had sheriff Israel's deputy's gun the outcome would have, IMO been far different.

Coach had a warrior spirit, no weapon.

SRO had a weapon, the spirit of a coward, not that of a warrior.

Something wrong with this scenario.

DF

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BountyHunter
Just been announced there were FOUR deputies outside hiding. Anothe counties 2 deputies arrived and went in, the Broward County Deputies refused until more got there.

Sounds like the boys in broward county bunch flat billed wearing pussies..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh, look: Sheriff JEW Israel is standing in unison with Crooked Hitlery Clinton....'nuff said:

https://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2018/02/23/now-it-is-four/

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
He was at that school job since 2009. 3/4 of a million dollars give or take to have him there to protect the children. Willing to bet they put him there because he was useless as a set of tits on a bull, and what are the chances of someone coming in and shooting up the school?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bobmar
In my department, we have trained for this often, during times when the schools are unoccupied. The message is very clear...go to the sound of the gunfire as fast as possible and eliminate the threat. Don't wait! Time is critical. I'm appalled by what happened in Florida. It would be much easier to give my life in defense of those kids, than to look at myself in the mirror and know that I failed those who counted on me.

From what I've been told that is what is being taught now. Only fly in the ointment is some are being taught minimum of 2 to make entry.

MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Not a LEO never in the service- I’d like to think if armed i’d hustle in looking for as much cover as possible on the way in but I’ve never been tested that way. Great Grandfather was a small town sheriff who had more than one successful gunfight and solo tracked down escaped Nazi prisoner. I hope I’m wrong but my perception of today’s law enforcement is drastically less heroic than 50 years ago. They train to have a huge force advantage and that isn’t available in these situations. It is embarrassing that so many teachers show so much more courage than the Leo’s here.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
...From what I've been told that is what is being taught now. Only fly in the ointment is some are being taught minimum of 2 to make entry.

Yeah, that was the policy where I worked, too...but it was sometimes a forgotten policy. Risk Management folks can come up with some ROE's that just don't meet reality.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
...From what I've been told that is what is being taught now. Only fly in the ointment is some are being taught minimum of 2 to make entry.

Yeah, that was the policy where I worked, too...but it was sometimes a forgotten policy. Risk Management folks can come up with some ROE's that just don't meet reality.

Ed

I bet. Not going to wade in on anything other than just pointing out the catchphrase of the day is "training" and how that qualifies or disqualifies one from being able or not able to do one thing or another. If it makes everybody feel better to have trained folks armed, then don't hang them when they revert to what they were trained to do.

MAGA
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
And just as quick to hang them when they do violate one of those ROE's and take action. BTDT, got the reprimand.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Ed

I bet. Not going to wade in on anything other than just pointing out the catchphrase of the day is "training" and how that qualifies or disqualifies one from being able or not able to do one thing or another. If it makes everybody feel better to have trained folks armed, then don't hang them when they revert to what they were trained to do.

Our training related mostly to the the interior layout of the school and other things specific to that location. Familiarization, etc. The mission was and is clear. Somebody is in there shooting children. You need to get in there and stop it NOW! There's no minimum. We practiced the Hall Boss and Y and T formations, but we aren't waiting around for a squad, first one onscene take charge and engage the threat, if there are more people available, then adapt your tactics to take advantage. Get it done!

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
And just as quick to hang them when they do violate one of those ROE's and take action. BTDT, got the reprimand.

Ed

That's gotta be a tough one. Break ROE or do what needs doing.

Benghazi keeps coming to mind. Multiple stand downs from bureaucrats while warriors were positioned and ready to do what was needed.

You need discipline in a dept to keep individuals from doing something stupid or going "cowboy"...

But ROE that allow helpless kids to be slaughtered while armed men, hearing their cries and the gunfire, sit on their hands. ROE's need to be reviewed. They're not working. When a situation is over in 3 minutes, you don't have the luxury of time to plan a perfect, by the book tactical response.

DF

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Ed

That's gotta be a tough one. Break ROE or do what needs doing....DF

You do what needs to be done. As the Sgt. in Inglorious Basterds said "...nah, I'll probably just get yelled at. I been yelled at before."

Waiting for backup to arrive, standing in the rain, up against the outside of a single-wide trailer in a real scheithole trailer park on a domestic call and you hear a woman inside scream, "no, put the knife down!"

You just go...

Ed

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
If all Sheriff Israel’s deputies waited while deputies from another county went on in, I wonder if that wasn’t his standing order.

If so, and being a big Dem, he was quick to throw Scot Peterson under the bus to save his own sorry azz.

Just a thought

DF

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
If all Sheriff Israel’s deputies waited while deputies from another county went on in, I wonder if that wasn’t his standing order.

If so, and being a big Dem, he was quick to throw Scot Peterson under the bus to save his own sorry azz.

Just a thought

DF

Good point.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Ed

That's gotta be a tough one. Break ROE or do what needs doing....DF

You do what needs to be done. As the Sgt. in Inglorious Basterds said "...nah, I'll probably just get yelled at. I been yelled at before."

Waiting for backup to arrive, standing in the rain, up against the outside of a single-wide trailer in a real scheithole trailer park on a domestic call and you hear a woman inside scream, "no, put the knife down!"

You just go...

Ed

As I would expect of any true man. I was at a Christian rock concert (Phil keggey) quite a few years ago, heard a woman screaming from a stairwell, looked at my friend, and leaped into motion. It was not discussed, just a glance. I found a large male dragging a female down the stairs by her hair. I confronted him and he pulled a very small knife. He was mad as he'll and wanted to leave with the girl, who was still screaming.
He said he would cut me if I interfered, and I reached for the only defense I had, a Maxem 4" lockbkade that always rode on my belt. A working tool, well worn but heavy bladed. A snap of the wrist and it was open, and I was advancing on him. "I guarantee you will not enjoy it".
In about a second she swapped from fighting him to trying to stop me!
He put the penknife away when I told him to, because if he didn't I'd shove it up his azz. And we talked.
She had brought him under false pretenses. In an effort to improve him. He wanted to leave when he found out it was a Christian thing, she refused and had the keys. Things had escalated.
I missed most of the concert monitoring them as they talked, making sure it stayed civil. In the end they left, but peacefully.

Don't know if I will ever go back to a Christian rock concert, rough crowd.... wink (sarc)

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
ccd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/966854507744374784.html

Looks like US law enforcement is adopting British methods of reducing crime stats. Sad end result.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Given the news that four sheriff deputies failed to enter the school it now appears that one was thrown to the wolves in order to cover the rest and the department. ( The sheriff is the department and the department is the sheriff) One that is past a 30 year retirement. This guy had 33 years and Florida law says he can retire at 52 with 25 years service. The sheriff may be able to single out a single officer, but when four do it there is no way for him to avoid responsibility.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ccd
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/966854507744374784.html

Looks like US law enforcement is adopting British methods of reducing crime stats. Sad end result.

That explains a lot in my experience. I was assaulted by three huge thugs on school grounds (students) after last bell several years ago. I reported the incident both to school administrators and (upon returning home) to the local police, expecting the three would be arrested and charged. Soon as the Deputy heard that I worked there as a teacher, he closed his book and told me there was nothing he could do, and that it was entirely a school discipline issue, to be dealt with by the school. One week suspension was all they got for what should have landed them all in jail and given them police records.

I was stunned. Here I was a tax payer, and the police refused to follow up on an assault against me. Now, after reading that, I suspect I understand what the explanation was.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,269 guests, and 1,390 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,941
Posts18,480,095
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.