Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Just wondering what the mass opinion is. Does anyone legit reasons to not join the NRA? NRA has been in the news a good bit the last few days it’s some sponsor drops and the lib terds are spinning it in their favor of course. I think every gun owner should be a memeber but that just one opinion what say y’all?

Proud supporter of the NRA.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So you missed the thousands of other threads on NRA? I think you could get your answers there.

🤪

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd thought that as a PAC they were more concerned with fund raising than actively fighting for tooth and nail for the 2nd amendment every time the feds or states infringed on the 2nd with legislation. I still feel that to a degree.

However, as the largest and only pro 2nd organization that gets any play in the media, I figured it was essential to become a member for the simple reason that the more members the NRA has, the more sway we pull simply by the size of the organization. So I became a lifetime member.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
They send me about a letter a month. Straight to trash. I have used their Enterprise discount before but apparently as of Monday that's going to be gone. I like the magazine and they need all the people they can get so I stay a member. Wife too. I'd pay to be a member even if I didn't personally get anything out of it. They might not fight as aggressively as the GOA, but they get the most attention and largest audience. The more the message gets out, the better chance we have of convincing people.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I used to be a member, now I'm not. Simple answer is they never, ever, ever , ever, stop begging for more of my money, and they will waste huge amounts of money and resources on pamphlets, and brochures, and flyers, and bumper stickers and every other dang method to beg me for more money.
GUYS!!! SPEND MY MONEY MORE WISELY!!! Now knock it off!.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Simple answer is they never, ever, ever , ever, stop begging for more of my money, and they will waste huge amounts of money and resources on pamphlets, and brochures, and flyers, and bumper stickers and every other dang method to beg me for more money.

The NRA gave more money to Trump than the republicans did. They were his biggest super-pac. Good thing they didn't spend all that money on bumper stickers.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
There's no reason not to join the NRA. As I've said before, buying politicians costs a lot of money. We need to make sure OUR side does the buying.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by kellory
I used to be a member, now I'm not. Simple answer is they never, ever, ever , ever, stop begging for more of my money, and they will waste huge amounts of money and resources on pamphlets, and brochures, and flyers, and bumper stickers and every other dang method to beg me for more money.

There are some sound reasons to not join or belong. Maybe you hurt your head when you fell off the monkey bars on the playground.

If you don't belong to the NRA you should join, if you do belong, you should upgrade your membership.

Last edited by HitnRun; 02/23/18.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Big news today or so i thought was some of their insurance companies that under write the benefits insurance you get for being a member are pulling away. Once again the libs spin it because of the latest school shooting and the call for gun control. But then I heard someone call in on a radio show i was listening to and said that the insurance company told the NRA they were pulling out 3 months ago. Nice try

Proud supporter of the NRA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

If not for the NRA we'd be disarmed already. Lots of groups beg for money, if they didn't get any money out of it they wouldn't do it. I've been a Life member over 30 years. I don't get any phone calls or flyers, I do get the American Hunter magazine. Gun Grabbers fear the NRA and the power they wield on politicians.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I am a lifer, so is my wife, so are my three kids, so are my ten grandkids. Leave nuthin to chance. The forces of evil are real.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If they'll send me a free bump stock, I'll join.

Otherwise, I don't even buy girl scout cookies.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If you aren't a member, it isn't your money.
Spreading the word and PR are a large part of their mission and they are the most effective lobbying organization in America. I hear a lot of complaints about the fund raising materials and calls. Here's my solution: an answering machine and a waste basket.

I just renewed my NRA membership today for 5 years, and gave an additional donation.

Join the NRA, donate, vote!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

^^^^^^^^^^^
There it is.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
If they'll send me a free bump stock, I'll join.

Otherwise, I don't even buy girl scout cookies.

I will teach ya how to bump off the shoulder man
You don't need that chyt with a good single stage trigger and a quick reset

I bought 2 boxes of samoas at wally world last week

Me and the dogs ate the hell outta em watching tv.

Same girl hit me up again at wally world about 3 hrs ago

Didn't have any cash on me, fugg.........

Samoa,s with crunchy peanut butter smeared on em and a big glass of milk

I love this time of year😃😃😃😃😃

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
After I joined I got irritated with their endless begging and unrelated fliers so I called them.
I told them to stop all but my subscription and renewal information, it worked.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm waiting on the NRA to apologize for supporting the NFA of 1934, GCA of 1968, FOPA of 1986. Period.

The NRA needs to cut bait with FedGov or go to hell.

I don't NEED the NRA for anything, they can KMA after their decades-long bullschitt of rolling over and sucking off FedGov.

My temper has boiled over and the NRA has earned my wrath, I'm pissed off at ALL of the cops and sheriff's offices and the NRA, they can all rot in hell forever.

Last edited by gonehuntin; 02/23/18.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NVhntr

If you aren't a member, it isn't your money.
Spreading the word and PR are a large part of their mission and they are the most effective lobbying organization in America. I hear a lot of complaints about the fund raising materials and calls. Here's my solution: an answering machine and a waste basket.

I just renewed my NRA membership today for 5 years, and gave an additional donation.

Join the NRA, donate, vote!

I WAS a member, until they badgered me out. I like the magazine and i like what they stand for, but I'm a single income bread winner with a sick wife and medical bills more than my mortgage every month. I am very careful with money, and I'll be DAMMED if I will put up with constant begging, while watching them waste every time I have them.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The NRA is a lot like Trump. Far from perfect, not ideal nor as conservative as we'd like.

But, they are the best we have and 10,000 times better than the alternative.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why wouldn’t you want to be a member???? It’s 3 steps to my garbage can to toss the NRA mail seeking money if I don’t want to give...I’am a member and I send money throughout the year to them. I look at it like tithing at church. I don’t know where my money is going in either case, but I believe it’s Helping to support something I believe strongly in. I do know based on what the media says, my money is doing something to keep my firearms happily living in my safe and not in a barrel at the Sheriff’s office waiting to be chopped in to pieces.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (22kHornet, 204guy, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 61 invisible), 2,501 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,280
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.