-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LIke the American democracy, the NRA ain't perfect, but there are no better alternatives. None.
Sad to see some of the small minded comments to the contrary.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
No reason at all.

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
NRA's not perfect. But it's better than the alternative. Any organization that is hated that much by liberals must be doing something right. Which is why I upgraded my life membership to endowment a year or two ago. I also donate several times a year, about every 3 months on average. The anti 2A movement will never rest.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
If you own a gun, or hunt, or target shoot, you wouldn't have any of it if it weren't for the NRA. Yes they beg for money, they need to do the job.

Last edited by WayneShaw; 02/24/18.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
If you can afford to buy a second or third gun, you can afford a life membership.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
"I think it is a terrible indictment of the National Rifle Association that they haven’t supported any legislation to try and control the misuse of rifles and pistols in this country."

That flat assertion was made by Senator Robert Kennedy (N.Y.), Jan. 16 in addressing the New York State University law school in Buffalo.

Terming Kennedy’s accusation "a smear of a great American organization," NRA Executive Vice President Franklin L. Orth pointed out that "The National Rifle Association has been in support of workable, enforceable gun control legislation since its very inception in 1871."

A few days later, Orth seconded the request of President Lyndon Johnson, made Jan. 17 in his State of the Union message, for a curb on mail-order sales.

"The duty of Congress is clear," Orth said, "it should act now to pass legislation that will keep undesirables, including criminals, drug addicts and persons adjudged mentally irresponsible or alcoholic, or juveniles from obtaining firearms through the mails."

What an incredibly dumb thing to post!

Haven't you heard about the revolution of 1977, when a group of members organized a "coup" that threw out the fudds and completely changed the direction of the NRA?

Why, some fool even posted that he's mad about something the NRA did in 1934, 84 years ago.

As for all the fundraising, did it ever occur to you guys that the only reason they do it is it raises more money than it costs?

Duh.

Anyone who hunts or shoots and does not belong to the NRA is a FREELOADER!

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do Y'all not remember their Knee Jerk reaction about bump stocks, after the Las Vegas shooting? miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
There's no reason not to join the NRA. As I've said before, buying politicians costs a lot of money. We need to make sure OUR side does the buying.

If you are a gun owner and you wish to remain a gun owner you should be a member of the NRA

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I was now I'm not. They will drive you crazy with the junk mail every day. They spend more in postage in a month than my membership for a year costed. I know many people that did like me because the same reasons.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Junk mail from the NRA comes out of the mail box and right in to the burn barrel unopened. Paid for a life membership and donate several times a year on my terms. The same with the SAF.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, because no matter what you give they will tell you it ain’t enough, just like the peacher man and the homeless.

Give your had earned money to Children’s Hospitals

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
how much unsolicited mail do you guys get a week? you just toss it right? how many of those have our back on the 2nd Amendment?

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Yes, because no matter what you give they will tell you it ain’t enough, just like the peacher man and the homeless.

Give your had earned money to Children’s Hospitals

Originally Posted by seal_billy
I was now I'm not. They will drive you crazy with the junk mail every day. They spend more in postage in a month than my membership for a year costed. I know many people that did like me because the same reasons.

That is incredible that you can overlook all the whining of people on the campfire, ignore the guys you don't like, but you can't deal with a organization that fights for your gun ownership so you can bitch about them. You act like all the illegals that come to the safety of this country, then bitch about it.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I spent over twenty years in the military shed blood, body parts, and even came back from the dead. I’ve “fought” enough for our “gun ownership” and freedom of speech, please feel free to give to the NRA if you so please.

Children’s Hospitals are a more worthy cause.

Can’t see where I was “bitchin” about it you Can’t cut it c-word. At first I didn’t get the “safety” and “illegal” thing but now I do...

You have an Ignorane with arrogance rednek problem. You have come to believe the NRA membership provides you “safety”...Thats ignorance.

Try to edumacate yourself and smartN up a little Bubba

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 02/24/18.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you seek a "YESMAN" , look elsewhere.

The NRA has made it plain that my voice doesn't matter to them. Only my money does, and they waste that, yelling at me. I said no, and I meant it.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
I spent over twenty years in the military shed blood, body parts, and even came back from the dead. I’ve “fought” enough for our “gun ownership” and freedom of speech, please feel free to give to the NRA if you so please.

Children’s Hospitals are a more worthy cause.

Can’t see where I was “bitchin” about it you Can’t cut it c-word. At first I didn’t get the “safety” and “illegal” thing but now I do...

You have an Ignorane with arrogance rednek problem. You have come to believe the NRA membership provides you “safety”...Thats ignorance.

Try to edumacate yourself and smartN up a little Bubba

Check your tag line, especially the part about hypocrites.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I've been a Life Member since 1972.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Keep drinkin the “I’m here to help you” Koolaid.

Don’t forget the story of the Sparrow, Cow, and Cat.

Parable about the Bird, the Cow, and the Cat

A bird was flying south for the winter. Cold and hungry, the bird found refuge in a barn on a farm. His wings were nearly frozen stiff with icicles. The bird thought to himself, “I am dead for sure.”

A cow in the barn came by, sniffed around and unloaded a big, stinky pile of cowpie on top of the bird. The bird was drowning in cow caca and thought to himself, “I am dead. I am dead.”

Although the cowpie stank, it was warm and helped thaw the bird, bringing much needed warmth. The bird struggled a bit and managed to poke out his beak to breath. The bird thought to himself, “Yes, yes, I am alive! I’ll be okay!”

The bird was so happy, it began to sing. A cat in the barn heard the singing and came over to investigate. The cat discovered the bird within the cowpie, dug the bird out, and ate him.

Moral of the story:

Not everyone who craps on you is your enemy.
Not everyone who gets you out of caca is your friend.
If you are warm and happy and covered in caca, don’t sing about it

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 02/24/18.
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (6mmbrfan, 3333vl, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 673, 15 invisible), 1,832 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,897
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.