Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
For your assertion to be valid the school would have to go down to Grover Washington Jr. High and let the students there draw straws for admittance to the school,..and then demonstrate being scholastically equal to the rest of the students being taught there.

That's not how they are selecting the rest of the students being taught there.

The likely comparison is this.

Hand selected rich white kids.

Possibly hand selected poor black kids.

They get the same education and they have the same outcomes.

When my wife gets home I will try to remember to ask her how they select the kids the school is going to sponsor.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A true story from New Orleans during Prohibition:

My old Banker was there at a convention and a party of them went out on the town, one guy having a bottle of expensive, and hard to get bourbon.

They left the bottle on the table when they got up to dance and it was missing when they returned. There was an identical bottle a few tables away, and their host, a native of New Orleans, walked over to that table where the following conversation took place;

Banker: Do you live here in the city?

Bottle thief: Yes sir, I do.

Banker: Did you take that bottle from my table?

Thief: No Sir.

Banker: Have you ever screwed a nigra girl?

Thief: Of course not.

Banker: You lying bastard, I’m taking my whiskey back!

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Why not any hand selected poor white kids?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

She's home. Hand selected rich white kids. Hand selected poor minority kids. Outcomes essentially equal. She's not part of the selection committee, so she doesn't know any more than that.

It's the classic nature vs nurture argument. This anecdote illustrates the value of nurture.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Pretty easy, work in a correction/law enforcement career with a large population of African Americans, or simply watch the “first 48” on A&E.....

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

She's home. Hand selected rich white kids. Hand selected poor minority kids. Outcomes essentially equal. She's not part of the selection committee, so she doesn't know any more than that.

It's the classic nature vs nurture argument. This anecdote illustrates the value of nurture.

No,..you've got to totally eliminate the hand selected part before you can claim the value of nurture.

Basically, it's just another example of the Social Justice Warrior mentality. Find some high achieving black kids and pay their tuition so diversity can be achieved.

Affirmative Action in the private sector.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everybody's some color, whether they are considered colored or not. My wife has never once inferred that her color was better than mine or vice versa. (She did once use our color difference in a pejorative way when she was really drunk and in front of our young boys, and she discovered that she would not be doing that ever again if she wanted to keep me and them around.) I've never felt 'different' because she was with me in public, nor have I noticed any signs that she has felt that way. We're just people. Who cares?

I would have to say that anyone man who doesn't recognize the beauty or attractiveness of a woman, regardless of her skin color, might need to get checked for a gay chromosome or something. And ugly comes in every shade too, so it ain't like we're discriminating.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Everybody's some color, whether they are considered colored or not. My wife has never once inferred that her color was better than mine or vice versa. (She did once use our color difference in a pejorative way when she was really drunk and in front of our young boys, and she discovered that she would not be doing that ever again if she wanted to keep me and them around.) I've never felt 'different' because she was with me in public, nor have I noticed any signs that she has felt that way. We're just people. Who cares?

I would have to say that anyone man who doesn't recognize the beauty or attractiveness of a woman, regardless of her skin color, might need to get checked for a gay chromosome or something. And ugly comes in every shade too, so it ain't like we're discriminating.

Thank you sir!!

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

I live right outside New Orleans. My wife teaches at an expensive private school here. I have watched something fascinating unfold. Her school sponsors several poor black kids each year. The school pays the 18K per year tuition for them. The academic and professional outcomes for those kids is no different from that of their white counterparts. I'll leave that for you to see if you can come up with an explanation.

Are those poor black kids selected at random or do they have to demonstrate some scholastic achievement in order to qualify for their $18K a year education?

I don't know. I'll try to remember to ask her. I don't think it matters as it relates to the discussion though. If the poster's point that they are inferior as a race, the anecdote pretty much disproves it.

Well, sure it matters. If the poor blacks students are specifically selected as a result of their previous scholastic achievement, it means that they're not a representation of the black population as a whole.

Their white peers are selected for their previous academic achievement. The best of the black race with the best of the white race and outcomes are equal.

New Orleans has some affluent white neighborhoods. There are also affluent blacks in affluent white neighborhoods. Guess what you would see if you compared their kid's academic and professional outcomes.

I've met some really intelligent people who were clueless in a lot of ways so raw intelligence isn't everything by any means and with that said there is some interesting reading on SAT scores here.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/...t-inequality-and-hinder-upward-mobility/

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by greydog
There are times when I am somewhat embarrassed to be a member of the 24 HCF and this would be one of those times. GD

Hadios amighost.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by SKane
There are times when I am somewhat embarrassed to be a member of the 24 HCF and this would be one of those times. GD

+1.

I think the white guilt is more embarrassing.

This^^^.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by SKane

+1.

I think the white guilt is more embarrassing.

I very much agree. The races are different, and have been since the beginning of time. The Black race lived in the confines of Stone Age Africa for thousands of years, while the other races were building civilizations. They had neither the desire, nor the intelligence to bring themselves up to par with the White race. Just look at any densely populated Black area today, and tell me that they are "just like us," because they are not.

I don't hate them, but I know that the majority of them have nothing in common with me, when it comes to the way I see things. The BLM riots, and the support they got from probably at least 95% of the Black population, and the way that Blacks vote, should be enough to tell someone all they need to know. Some of you would absolutely chit a brick if your kid married a diehard liberal, but you're so damn consumed with White guilt that you're afraid to say one negative word about a Black.

All one has to do is to look at present day Africa, and you will see what America would be if Black people were the majority in this country......which, thank the Lord they are not.

Lar, they tole me in skool everbody bes tha same. Thets how Afreakins invent penneycillin and everthang, ya no. Oh yea, arplains too. We need Merika darker.

Ra, ra, ra. We ned more neelers. O yea, an more dimmercraps. I allussaiz, the exxcepton proved tha rule.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/23/18.

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Judman
Pretty easy, work in a correction/law enforcement career with a large population of African Americans, or simply watch the “first 48” on A&E.....

Word............
Primatiods at times.....

I gotta admire ya judman
I worked 11 months in a large county jail
It takes balls to be out numbered 48-1 in a pod sometimes.

I got fired for breaking up 2 separate fights in my stint as a deputy sheriff jailer
Excessive force.....
Told I didn't have the temperament to do the job anymore.

Fugging hated it anyways......

I run into ex inmates all the time, all over the place
Have never had a problem yet
Talk with em,smoke a ciggerette ,bs a little and on my way.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Society has made advances in the last "x" years.

One of the indications of those advances, would be the ability of the society to honestly address differences in segments of that society.

Society hasn't made some advances in the last "x" years.

Kudos to Bristoe for bangin' his head gainst the granite liberal whitey wall here on the fire.

Especially since that's what got eyeball launched.

I have a dream that one day the white guilters'd feel guilty bout bein so selectively sanctimonious.

But, I'll probly get shot on a motel balcony, for that comes true.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

Props to you Sir, others should try to respect a man's freedom to marry who he chooses....members here forget many are offended with threads like these, and you owe no one here an explanation. A Marine posted earlier about his bride, should we chiit on members of the US military now for their chosen wife ? GTFOH

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by ironbender
More like this
[Linked Image]

than this
[Linked Image]

Does it matter?

Im sure all you holier than thou progressives would be just thrilled if your sons got married to a chick like the one here on the bottom. Yeah. Piss down someone elses collar.

I bet you holier than thou types would rather your son brought her home rather than a 5 ft tall 350 lb tat covered blue and pink haired chick with a pound of stainless stuck in her face, but you arent predjudiced, now are you? Ha. GMAFB.

Well, at least now we can figure out why Sweden is in the shape it's in, cant we. It doesnt take a giant mental leap to go from schitt to schatt. whistle

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/23/18.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rainshot
The only way for us to be truly equal is for all of us to recognize each other as equal without regard to race or religion.

Which, if done, would be perpetuating the lie.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Seems like most with white guilt
Dont live around large chunks of groid populations
So most are just doing the fran dreschner talking to the hand thing as far as I see it.
20 intelligent and hard working black people don't make up for the other 180 groids on uncle sams
sugar titty for life that vote Democrat blindly,,,,,, to me one bit whatsoever....

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Cowards stood outside and did nothing while the destroyers of society intimidated the easily influenced with the propaganda that all were created equal.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by ironbender
More like this
[Linked Image]

than this
[Linked Image]

Does it matter?

Im sure all you holier than thou progressives would be just thrilled if your sons got married to a chick like the one here on the bottom. Yeah. Piss down someone elses collar.

I bet you holier than thou types would rather your son brought her home rather than a 5 ft tall 350 lb tat covered blue and pink haired chick with a pound of stainless stuck in her face, but you arent predjudiced, now are you? Ha. GMAFB.

Well, at least now we can figure out why Sweden is in the shape it's in, cant we. It doesnt take a giant mental leap to go from schitt to schatt. whistle

Look who's coming to dinner
A human 1.0
Bwahahahaaa!!!!!

Halle is blessed with plenty of interbred DNA. Human 2.0
Pretty obvious........

Last edited by renegade50; 02/23/18.
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 59 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,688
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.