-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I came across another early piece by Mr. Barsness- "Grayling Gala" in the August, 1982, issue of Flyfishing. On the literary side, not a nuts & bolts item.

Campfire Pistolero x2

Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else. -Ambassador Delenn, Babylon 5
GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Man, that was a long time ago! I started writing for that magazine while in college, eventually quite a bit. They didn't pay pay much, but when you don't have much money anything helps!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Man, that was a long time ago! I started writing for that magazine while in college, eventually quite a bit. They didn't pay pay much, but when you don't have much money anything helps!

So do you do any fishing these days?

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Not much. I wrote about fishing, along with hunting, until about 20 years ago, when it became plain that writing about hunting and guns paid better. Decided to quit writing about fishing, which made both my wife and me pretty happy, since then we could just go out and fish, without worrying about taking photos and "getting a story."

Of course, this meant we fished less and less, since we're both avid hunters and write about that aspect of the outdoors, so spent more time hunting. These days we might fish twice a year, and there have been years when we didn't fish in Montana at all, instead only fishing when we traveled somewhere for hunting, after we got the game, whether brook trout in Quebec or salmon in Alaska.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Not much. I wrote about fishing, along with hunting, until about 20 years ago, when it became plain that writing about hunting and guns paid better. Decided to quit writing about fishing, which made both my wife and me pretty happy, since then we could just go out and fish, without worrying about taking photos and "getting a story."

Of course, this meant we fished less and less, since we're both avid hunters and write about that aspect of the outdoors, so spent more time hunting. These days we might fish twice a year, and there have been years when we didn't fish in Montana at all, instead only fishing when we traveled somewhere for hunting, after we got the game, whether brook trout in Quebec or salmon in Alaska.

It’s a tough life, but someone has to do it. laugh cool

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (16penny, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,139
Posts18,484,059
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.