-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm in. Joined Gun Owner's of America too!

Hopefully won't have to change my avatar, but we'll see. I hope Trump's playing them like a fiddle and not folding like a suit.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Paddler
I disagree with just about 100% of what the NRA says and does. They'll never see a nickel from me. I'd be embarrassed to be a member, so should you all. Enabling school kid killers isn't my thing.

Eat [bleep] and die.!

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I joined the NRA last week.

I never thought I would join, especially under Trump's tenure.

"Venison vanishcth down the vale,
with bounding hoof and flaunting tail."
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I also have been considering the NRA Lifetime Membership.

But at my age, a One-Year Membership could carry me
across the finish line!

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Been a lifetime member for over 15 years. Sent a letter to NRA to remove me from their membership last week. Stating to them I can no longer in good conscience continue to be a member of their organization. Their agenda is radical-to oppose every and any legislation. And they vilify all who opposes that agenda. So flame on with immature middle fingers and comments. I expect nothing less from many on this site. I could care less.

IC B2

E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
When and why has the NRA been made to look like it's a private business.
This is a group of 5 million members who want to ensure that their rights and their children's rights will be upheld. If any amendment can be destroyed then they all can. I personally have no use for an AR rifle but that has nothing to do with it. Next it will be pistols and then any semi auto rifle or shotgun. Fugu them. Ed k

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by WTM45
How could anybody be against the largest provider of firearm safety training and education materials for law enforcement, CCW applicants, hunters, competitors and youth shooting programs?

I really liked the old NRA, which stuck to teaching firearm safety and promoting the shooting sports. Bought my first gun from the local rep in Lincoln, CA, in the mid 60s. But it changed radically in 1971 and has become more radical since. It's resistance to reasonable gun control has undoubtedly contributed to all of these mass shootings and the deaths of innocent school kids and churchgoers. I cannot be part of that.

So, let's blame the entire membership of the APA for the opioid crisis. And Medicare fraud.

Wow.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by benquick
Been a lifetime member for over 15 years. Sent a letter to NRA to remove me from their membership last week. Stating to them I can no longer in good conscience continue to be a member of their organization. Their agenda is radical-to oppose every and any legislation. And they vilify all who opposes that agenda. So flame on with immature middle fingers and comments. I expect nothing less from many on this site. I could care less.

Precisely. Bunch of rabid dogs.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
WTF is this site (and world) turning into? [bleep] sad.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
benquick; Paddler,

NEITHER of you will be missed. - Don't let the doorknob hit you in the toucas, on the way out of the door.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
How could anybody be against the largest provider of firearm safety training and education materials for law enforcement, CCW applicants, hunters, competitors and youth shooting programs?

I really liked the old NRA, which stuck to teaching firearm safety and promoting the shooting sports. Bought my first gun from the local rep in Lincoln, CA, in the mid 60s. But it changed radically in 1971 and has become more radical since. It's resistance to reasonable gun control has undoubtedly contributed to all of these mass shootings and the deaths of innocent school kids and churchgoers. I cannot be part of that.

So, let's blame the entire membership of the APA for the opioid crisis. And Medicare fraud.

Wow.

The pain doctors, and doctors generally, have contributed mightily to the opioid crisis and are complicit in many overdose deaths. I think the root cause was when JCAHO made hospital accreditation contingent on aggressively treating pain. Their slogan was "Pain is the Fifth Vital Sign". The problem with that is that pain is a symptom, not a sign, and it's not vital. So here is the main accreditation body in the country sloganizing the practice of medicine. They have quintupled overdose deaths since 2000. They came out last year with a statement trying to distance themselves from the fallout, but they own it.

Last edited by Paddler; 03/01/18.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Cariboujack,

'WELL SAID. - Each time that I see leftist foolishness on TV, it reminds me WHY I'm a LIFE MEMBER of TSRA/NRA & WHY I'm paying on a higher level of membership for both groups. = DIMocRATS extremists/traitors make me GAG.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by satx78247
benquick; Paddler,

NEITHER of you will be missed. - Don't let the doorknob hit you in the toucas, on the way out of the door.

yours, tex

We'll come and go as we please, thank you. Deal.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I have been a life member since 1968 and just upgraded to benefactor. I also got my friend to renew his membership which had lapsed. I would not have done this except for the attack on the NRA.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

The pain doctors, and doctors generally, have contributed mightily to the opioid crisis and are complicit in many overdose deaths. I think the root cause was when JCAHO made hospital accreditation contingent on aggressively treating pain. Their slogan was "Pain is the Fifth Vital Sign". The problem with that is that pain is a symptom, not a sign, and it's not vital. So here is the main accreditation body in the country sloganizing the practice of medicine. They have quintupled overdose deaths since 2000. They came out last year with a statement trying to distance themselves from the fallout, but they own it.

So how does an organization evolve and change? By listening to and consulting with its membership and their representation.
Not by its membership "quitting" and running away with their hands in their pockets.

Firearms ownership is a God given right. The 2nd Amendment stipulates what GOV'T can't do to infringe on that right. The NRA has held that view since it's inception. It is in their by-laws. Only when there is a clearly defined definition of "common sense" can there be further discussion regarding GOV'T infringement.

Only through membership does one have a voice in an organization. Any organization. An organization can not be swayed or influenced by a non-voting entity. Membership is the avenue to vote either by direct vote or proxy.

It has been made clearly obvious throughout history that those who are bent on disarming a population rarely have the best intentions for that population in mind.
There is a voice that speaks loudly to protect gun ownership rights. The NRA membership.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Brand new 2 year member hear, after watching Dana Loesch torch the media at CPAC. I felt i had to join.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

Easy you just need to be a [bleep] commie lib jackwagon.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
IMHO Wayne LaPierre, Chris Cox, Dana Lash and others in the NRA are all doing a fantastic job representing us. I wish I was as articulate as they are in defending our second amendment. Unfortunately I am not.

I believe the second amendment to the constitution is clear in our right to bear arms, any arms, to defend ourselves against a tyrannical government.

The NRA is not perfect, no organization is but they are there leading the charge. Join the NRA, support the NRA, we are in a fight for our liberty. Just do not sit there and do nothing. The opposition is counting on that. Those who would take away our second amendment rights away well organized and financed. The NRA is grassroots.

I am the NRA! Life Member and I give money(s) several times a year in support of them. Monday was another $250.

Vietnam Veteran 68-69, NRA Life Member

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

So how does an organization evolve and change? By listening to and consulting with its membership and their representation.
Not by its membership "quitting" and running away with their hands in their pockets.

Firearms ownership is a God given right. The 2nd Amendment stipulates what GOV'T can't do to infringe on that right. The NRA has held that view since it's inception. It is in their by-laws. Only when there is a clearly defined definition of "common sense" can there be further discussion regarding GOV'T infringement.

Only through membership does one have a voice in an organization. Any organization. An organization can not be swayed or influenced by a non-voting entity. Membership is the avenue to vote either by direct vote or proxy.

It has been made clearly obvious throughout history that those who are bent on disarming a population rarely have the best intentions for that population in mind.
There is a voice that speaks loudly to protect gun ownership rights. The NRA membership.

The present NRA needs to undergo radical change. Or die. It will never change from within, just look at the replies to my posts. We're dealing with hard right wing ideologues here. They must be marginalized, their voices ignored. The general public won't put up with their congressional representatives doing the NRA's bidding for long. Gun control is coming, each school shooting has and will continue to increase pressure on Congress.

Leave God out of this. Saying gun ownership is a God given right is preposterous on its face.

We don't need to influence the NRA, no need to work from within. No need to drive a stake through its heart, either. We only need to eliminate the undo influence it has on legislation, and this is beginning now. They can only be seen as a radical fringe group, this view is only supported by their behavior in the eyes of younger generations. The future looks bleak for the NRA so long as they maintain their no negotiation hard line. Good luck.

Last edited by Paddler; 03/01/18.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I disagree with just about 100% of what the NRA says and does. They'll never see a nickel from me. I'd be embarrassed to be a member, so should you all. Enabling school kid killers isn't my thing.

Why are you here instead of hanging out at the Daily KOS?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (17CalFan, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 623 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,442
Posts18,507,772
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.