Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H

Zeiss offered these scopes a few years back. The consensus was they were outstanding scopes for the money. Then came along the Terra model. Consensus on these, not so good.

For those that have had either what is your opinion on them???

"Pride is the only disease that makes everyone sick except the one that has it"
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Since you just bought the one I was looking at I will say they suck and you should sell me yours!!😁

In all honesty I have had both and will say the Conquest MC is clearer and brighter. To me it has a better FOV then the Terra and is overall better built. You will be really happy with this scope.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Zeiss Conquest was basically a re-wrapped Meopta MeoPro that Meopta made for Zeiss.

The Terra was a made in China to sell in big box stores product

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Conquest=Great
Terra=Sucks

Actually the Terra was not all that bad, just a big step down from the Conquest.

Last edited by TnBigBore; 02/27/18.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Biggest problem with the Terra is eye relief.They actually have decent glass.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Won a Zeiss Terra at a gun shop drawing a few years ago. Mounted it on a bolt action .22 LR. Hasn't shot loose yet.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
Conquest=Great
Terra=Sucks

Actually the Terra was not all that bad, just a big step down from the Conquest.

^^^^^ this

Have both and agree Terra is a good enough scope it is just not as good as a Conquest MC.

Ted
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
The Zeiss Conquest was basically a re-wrapped Meopta MeoPro that Meopta made for Zeiss.

The Terra was a made in China to sell in big box stores product

My terra says Japan on it. It’s probably about the same quality as the GPO scopes some are pimping.

I don’t have an conquest to compare side by side, but I was actually impressed with the glass quality.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Eye relief alone sucks on the Terra and is a deal killer, great glass doesn't mean anything with a terrible eye relief.
I have three Conquest that are superb.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Remington280
Eye relief alone sucks on the Terra and is a deal killer, great glass doesn't mean anything with a terrible eye relief.
I have three Conquest that are superb.

^^^ This. ^^^

BTW, the Terra didn’t replace the Conquest. It was brought to market as a new bargain basement “Zeiss” model to be sold in big box stores. The “Conquest” is still around but has gone through a couple of meaningful upgrades and their associated price increases.

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Regardless, I believe Zeiss quit servicing the conquest scopes. The same can't be said for Leupold or any of the scopes they've sold in the last 10+ years. I recently bought a Zeiss HD5 because it was a smoking closeout deal. But I honestly had to think hard about whether I wanted to jump in that pool again and I considered Swaro's and others in the same price point. Long term support is definitely something Zeiss needs to think about if they want brand loyalty. They seem to be OK with their high end glass, not so well with the mid and low end IMO.

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by gsganzer
Regardless, I believe Zeiss quit servicing the conquest scopes. The same can't be said for Leupold or any of the scopes they've sold in the last 10+ years. I recently bought a Zeiss HD5 because it was a smoking closeout deal. But I honestly had to think hard about whether I wanted to jump in that pool again and I considered Swaro's and others in the same price point. Long term support is definitely something Zeiss needs to think about if they want brand loyalty. They seem to be OK with their high end glass, not so well with the mid and low end IMO.

Your point on " long term servicing" is the exact reason I backed outta buying the Conquest MC. Ive read where people have sent back their Conquest MC due to whatever reason and received a Terra model back. Some questioned the decision and were told there were no parts to repair their Conquest MC. Whether that was "truth" or not, I don't know. Just what I read....But if true, unacceptable in my opinion.....

Last edited by Highoctane; 02/28/18.

"Pride is the only disease that makes everyone sick except the one that has it"
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Highoctane

Your point on " long term servicing" is the exact reason I backed outta buying the Conquest MC. Ive read where people have sent back their Conquest MC due to whatever reason and received a Terra model back. Some questioned the decision and were told there were no parts to repair their Conquest MC. Whether that was "truth" or not, I don't know. Just what I read....But if true, unacceptable in my opinion.....

Those that bitched got HD5's as replacements.

Last edited by BWalker; 02/28/18.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Highoctane

That's why I don't buy the Conquest scopes that I see in the classifieds. People are jacking the price up on these scopes even in used condition to what you could have bought a new one for back in the day. If the mood ever strikes me I'll just buy a Meopta if I want a Conquest and not have to worry about it if something goes awry.

89-92 7th INF. DIV.
92-93 RASP-Ranger Tab
93-97 1ST BN

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

377 members (007FJ, 160user, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 32 invisible), 1,992 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,863
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.