Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
79S Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I suspect will get sued for Infringing on the 2nd amendment by placing an age restriction on buying firearms. This might be the one the court will
finally say the 2nd amendment is not a secondary right. You imaging a 18yr old girl walks in a abortion clinic. They tell her sorry need to be 21. Ph uck every outfit for women’s right would have a lawsuit against the clinic so fast your head would spin.. people be protesting how that person right was being denied.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The left does not operate on a pattern of logic and reason.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Screw Dicks Sporting, they just lost me as a customer! To many other places to put up with their liberal flop! Phugg um!!!

79S Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The good we don’t have DICKS up here in Ak and I went to a Walmart a month ago for the first in months to buy some DEF.. but again this will be headed to the courts.. what next got to be 21 for the 4th amendment to apply to you?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Dicks opened a new store in Rockwall Tx. a few years ago.Not far away so I went to check it out.Looked around for awhile,spent some time at the gun counter talking with the sales person and looking.I didn't buy anything and have not been back.

Last edited by jdm953; 03/01/18.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Who cares what Dick's does....

Who in their right mind shops there?

Reminds me of the enlarged version of a KMart Sporting Goods Dept....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sorry, the Second Amendment and all others only restricts what the government can do. It does not apply to private relationships, in this case a business.

Don't believe me? Check with a lawyer.

Look, I understand and even share the outrage over many of the situations posted here, but when folks jump in and yell "Sue the ba$tards"!, I wonder how many have actually consulted an attorney about seeking redress for a grievance? I have, and it can be a harsh reality check. There isn't a whole lot of justice out there, and it doesn't come cheap.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Paul39
Sorry, the Second Amendment and all others only restricts what the government can do. It does not apply to private relationships, in this case a business.

Don't believe me? Check with a lawyer.

Look, I understand and even share the outrage over many of the situations posted here, but when folks jump in and yell "Sue the ba$tards"!, I wonder how many have actually consulted an attorney about seeking redress for a grievance? I have, and it can be a harsh reality check. There isn't a whole lot of justice out there, and it doesn't come cheap.

Paul

You are right about the 2nd amendment not preventing Dicks from restricting firearm sales to those 21 and older. However, by current law an 18 year old can buy a rifle in most states. In such a state any business selling to the public that restricts sales of firearms by some age they make up themselves may be in violation of same laws that prevent them from not selling to blacks or gays. Find someone 18 to less than 21 and go to Dicks and try to purchase some hunting rifle and get video of the whole thing. Then show it to some lawyer and see if there's a case. Could be worth some money.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Paul39
...it doesn't come cheap.

Paul

There's the real essense of the argument. More or less, anyone can sue anyone else for about anything.....if they're willling to write some big checks, spend/waste a lot of time, and find the right venue. The big check being most important. No shortage of suits eventually discharged as frivolous. The lawyers love this system.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Seafire
Who cares what Dick's does....

Who in their right mind shops there?

Reminds me of the enlarged version of a KMart Sporting Goods Dept....

I was only in a Dick's store once and was not impressed with their low budget shooting/hunting gear.

Had a strong feeling of de ja vue (sp?) and now I know why. Thanks Seafire. smile

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
No Dicks for me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you're standing in line to buy a gun next to a kid buy a tee ball set and another one buying paintballs, go to a gun store.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I didn't buy much from Dick's but it did probably average a couple hundred dollars a month. They have some pretty good deals on 9mm ammo which, coupled with a discount coupon, got plain Jane 9mm FMJ prices to a couple cents of reloading them myself. Same for after season sales of steel shot in which prices of $9 and even $8 per box are possible. And I loaded up on game cameras last year when I was able to upgrade my old cameras for cheap during a clearance sale coupled with manufacturer rebate, a $30 credit for a turned in camera, and a store discount coupon. Mix and match, I paid between $35-$60 dollars a piece for cameras normally priced $135 and up.

But that will be no more. I might be a very small fish in their customer pond but I don't agree with their stand. I did drop an email to their corporate office regarding their decision and that I would no longer be spending my dollars at their stores. I also offered them an opinion that the common good would have been better served by their donating a portion of the profits of the sale of the banned goods to organizations that provided care to those needing mental help. I also suggested supporting legislative efforts to allow others that have contact with such individuals to have a less difficult path to getting these people the help needed. Doing either or both would do more to prevent violence to both the public at large and the individual needing help.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (16penny, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,139
Posts18,484,059
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.