Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
I WAS really liking this guy, until now! looks like he's doing some back stabbing to his base! I gotta say, I'm completely lost! Seems everyone wants the US to become Somalia!! Can't stand demoncraps and the Republicans have all become RINO's! Maybe the militia folks are right and it's time to TAKE the country back! After all, our government and it's representatives are all deeply impressed by crime and usually back whoever is committing it! Maybe we all should follow the lead of our government and obey as few laws as possible! Hell if it works like our government model we may all get promotions if we commit enough crime! I'm so damned sick of corrupt government but it's everywhere and it's turning out the folks making the most noise about cleaning up the swamp are actually some of the worst!! It seems a second civil war is in the making!

RANT OFF! Flame away!
Sorry but sometimes this s h i t is just to much to take and finding out Trump is really a Rino is a killer! My hope for our future has disappeared!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/02/28/president-trump-2/

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018...uns-first-go-through-due-process-second/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-assault-weapons-ban-school-safety-bill/

Trump on Gun Restraining Orders: ‘I Like Taking the Guns Early’ – ‘Take the Guns First, Go Through Due Process Second’

"Take the guns first. Go through due process second," President Trump says at a meeting with bipartisan lawmakers. "I like taking the guns early." https://t.co/lQkq3krCWs pic.twitter.com/0iPywBQ66b

— CNN (@CNN) February 28, 2018
by IAN HANCHETT28 Feb 20180

While meeting with lawmakers on Wednesday, President Trump discussed gun violence restraining orders that would give law enforcement the ability to remove weapons from people who are reported to be dangers to themselves or others by obtaining a court order, but stated, “I like taking the guns early.” He further expressed openness to “take the guns first, go through due process second.”

After Vice President Mike Pence referenced gun violence restraining orders, Trump stated, “Or, Mike, take the firearms first, and then go to court. Because that’s another system. Because a lot of times, by the time you go to court, it takes so long to go to court, to get the due process procedures. I like taking the guns early. Like, in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida, he had a lot of firearms — they saw everything. To go to court would have taken a long time. So, you could do exactly what you’re saying, but take the guns first, go through due process second.”

Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett

Trump Wants Joe Manchin’s Gun Control, Rejects Steve Scalise’s National Reciprocity Push

President Donald Trump embraced Sen. Joe Manchin’s (D-WV) gun control bill but rejected Rep. Steve Scalise’s (R-LA) push for national reciprocity during a bipartisan meeting with lawmakers Wednesday afternoon.
After listening to Sen Chris Murphy (D-CT), Trump looked at toward the end of the table and asked Sens. Pat Toomey (R-PA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) to detail their gun control bill.

The Manchin/Toomey gun control bill is the same universal background check legislation supported by Barack Obama in the wake of the heinous attack on Sandy Hook Elementary School. It the very bill that was defeated in the Democrat-controlled Senate on April 17, 2013.

Toomey described it for Trump, saying the bill “strengthens the reporting of information into the background check system” and “requires background checks on all commercial sales.” This is code-talk for requiring background checks on private gun sales, which Toomey described as sales at gun shows and online (even though online sales already require a background check).

Manchin then spoke and suggested that West Virginians will support the Manchin/Toomey gun control bill if Trump will support it. He did not mention that the Manchin/Toomey bill would not have prevented the Florida attack — just as it would not have prevented the Sandy Hook attack that spawned it.

Trump spoke of the using the Manchin/Toomey bill “as a base” to which other gun bills can be added, and then continued taking comments from various senators and representatives in attendance.

When it was Rep. Scalise’s time to speak, he highlighted the crime-fighting value of concealed carriers and the need to pass national reciprocity legislation. National reciprocity was introduced in the House on January 3, 2017, and passed in the House on December 6, 2017. It was introduced in the Senate on March 1, 2017, and it has yet to come up for a vote nor has Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said a word in support of it.

Trump shut down Scalise’s reciprocity push, suggesting the gun control package being pieced together would never pass if national reciprocity were added to it.

Trump looked at Scalise and said, “You know I’m your biggest fan in the whole world. I think that maybe that bill will someday pass, but it should pass as a separate bill. … You’ll never get this passed. If you add concealed carry to this, you’ll never get it passed. Let it be a separate bill.”

Trump added, “We want to get something done.”

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! (from a 1960's bumper sticker)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Relax on this for now. Trump has left the democrats hanging before.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The level of pearl clutching being displayed on this site is ridiculous.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Man I sure hope your right I just don't see it this time! I've been reading for days the fellows here saying "relax, it'll never happen" but he's sounding more like a Democrap everyday!

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! (from a 1960's bumper sticker)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm with you, I'm sick of our representatives giving in on our Constitutionally protected rights! This is my position on all this crime debate. (it's not gun debate, it's about criminals committing crime, so it's crime debate)

" ...it is a political certainty that he will need to throw some bone to the Left"

Here's a foreign concept in these crime debates-

How about the left and it's absolutely failed gun free policies kiss our azz?
How about they throw us a bone and give us carry across all 50 states so we can protect ourselves and those around us no matter where we are w/o fear of breaking some obscure law we never knew existed?
How about they eliminate gun free zones so we can protect people wherever there are people?
How about the left concedes that draconian gun laws enable criminals to find defenseless victims?

How about those worthless f'n bastards concede the people on the right actually protect people, even their worthless asses, from criminals and we should be everywhere carrying guns! How about that for somebody throwing somebody a damn bone? I'm sick of us throwing our rights away and calling it progress! Their firearm elimination policies are failures, these shootings are the result of their failures, not ours, why should we give them more?! So we give up some more rights, guess how that's going to turn out?

I'm sick of this entire debate being on their terms. We never negotiate from a position of authority or righteousness, always defensiveness. You know why? Because our negotiators buy into the "it's the guns fault" argument! The reason they do is because we've let the left control the dialog for so long we never question the basic premise of their argument, and have become accustomed to giving in. That's why the Republicans have no balls, because we've given them to the left!

F u c k that men, we are the ones in the right, they need to be giving us what we need to make the country safer, like concealed carry reciprocity and elimination of gun free zones, everywhere! That's how we're going to make this country safer, not banning bump stocks. Who gives a rats ass about bump stocks? How is banning them helpful? And when it does nothing to stop this sheit, then what? Back to the negotiating table for more gun rights losses!

Bullsheit! When you're right you give nothing and take everything. Conservatives are right, not wrong, we owe no one an apology. F u c k those people!

LOL
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You watch. More gun control legislation will be passed by the Trump administration than under O'Bama. Never put your trust in politicians or get too enamored with any one of them. All too many of them will promise you the moon but will cut you loose if/when they put their whetted finger in the air and feel the winds shifting. Trump is not worried about his base, he is more worried about his legacy. He knows he is a one-termer and if he can point out how he was brave enough to stand up to the NRA and was able to get a "compromise" on gun legislation where O'Bama failed, he will take that "victory". Frankly, just considering the 2nd Amendment issue, we would have been better off with Hillary. At least with her, the opposition would not have wavered. With a Republican pushing for add'l gun control, if he can drag enough weak RINOs with him. We will lose ground. We are losing the PR war because the media is against us. Hell, even Fox News is crossing over. Emotional-based propaganda is very effective. Our position requires too much rational thought and historical understanding. How much of that do you see exhibited in our culture these days. Fight on, but we may have reached the tipping point. It sure seems like it.

Last edited by cooper57m; 03/01/18.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Fight on, but we may have reached the tipping point. It sure seems like it.

If you read closely, a lot of guys (posting on the internet about this) are close to the tipping point. The last straw. Line in the sand.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'm with you, I'm sick of our representatives giving in on our Constitutionally protected rights! This is my position on all this crime debate. (it's not gun debate, it's about criminals committing crime, so it's crime debate)

" ...it is a political certainty that he will need to throw some bone to the Left"

Here's a foreign concept in these crime debates-

How about the left and it's absolutely failed gun free policies kiss our azz?
How about they throw us a bone and give us carry across all 50 states so we can protect ourselves and those around us no matter where we are w/o fear of breaking some obscure law we never knew existed?
How about they eliminate gun free zones so we can protect people wherever there are people?
How about the left concedes that draconian gun laws enable criminals to find defenseless victims?

How about those worthless f'n bastards concede the people on the right actually protect people, even their worthless asses, from criminals and we should be everywhere carrying guns! How about that for somebody throwing somebody a damn bone? I'm sick of us throwing our rights away and calling it progress! Their firearm elimination policies are failures, these shootings are the result of their failures, not ours, why should we give them more?! So we give up some more rights, guess how that's going to turn out?

I'm sick of this entire debate being on their terms. We never negotiate from a position of authority or righteousness, always defensiveness. You know why? Because our negotiators buy into the "it's the guns fault" argument! The reason they do is because we've let the left control the dialog for so long we never question the basic premise of their argument, and have become accustomed to giving in. That's why the Republicans have no balls, because we've given them to the left!

F u c k that men, we are the ones in the right, they need to be giving us what we need to make the country safer, like concealed carry reciprocity and elimination of gun free zones, everywhere! That's how we're going to make this country safer, not banning bump stocks. Who gives a rats ass about bump stocks? How is banning them helpful? And when it does nothing to stop this sheit, then what? Back to the negotiating table for more gun rights losses!

Bullsheit! When you're right you give nothing and take everything. Conservatives are right, not wrong, we owe no one an apology. F u c k those people!

Nice post amigo!

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FatCity67

The amount of head-hiding-in-the-sand in the face of a life-long, gun control supporting Democrat, who PAID Bill and Hillary Clinton to attend one of his multiple weddings, and managed to con the entire Republican party into nominating him for President instead of any of several actual Republican (most conservative) candidates is incredible.

Will you still cry "Trump is playing 8-D chess" when he signs legislation to take your 2nd Amendment rights away?

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GhettoSportsman

Trump added, “We want to get something done.”

Beware when a politician says he wants to get something done for the sake of getting something done, to claim a victory. That is a man that lacks foundational principles of right and wrong on the topic.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by GhettoSportsman
Man I sure hope your right I just don't see it this time! I've been reading for days the fellows here saying "relax, it'll never happen" but he's sounding more like a Democrap everyday!

Agreed. The lack of a Steve Bannon presence is showing. Moreover I don't want any politician even pretending to be in favor of and lobbying for taking my 2A rights. The message needs to be strong and clear that 2A "Shall Not be Infringed."

Last edited by Mittenman; 03/01/18.
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
That's the first thing I thought! "We want to get something done" apparently even if it's wrong!

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Amen brother! I've tried not holding his lack of prosecuting Clinton like he promised ("lock her up, lock her up) against him but his caving on the 2ndA is too much! He's turning supporters into enemies!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The sky is falling,the sky is falling! !

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Originally Posted by FatCity67

The amount of head-hiding-in-the-sand in the face of a life-long, gun control supporting Democrat, who PAID Bill and Hillary Clinton to attend one of his multiple weddings, and managed to con the entire Republican party into nominating him for President instead of any of several actual Republican (most conservative) candidates is incredible.

Will you still cry "Trump is playing 8-D chess" when he signs legislation to take your 2nd Amendment rights away?

It will be dealt with if it ever comes to that point but until then I’m not going to whine like a little bitch about it.

Lifetime NRA member since late 80’s and serval other RKBA Advocacy groups. I’ve been pumping money into that pipeline for several decades and fighting the good fight.

I’d dont know WTF 8-D Chess is about.

FYI none of those other Republican Cucks could have come close to beating Hildabeast. If they could have they would have been the candidate.

Last edited by FatCity67; 03/01/18.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
as niteowl said "good post" and I couldn't agree more.

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
With the complete 180 he's made, I think the deep state finally found some serious dirt on him. He looks to be running scared to please the Dems now, just like when they got to SC injustuce Roberts.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
almost seems like since the Republicans continue to work against him, he's joining the dems to "get something done" even if it's wrong!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I'm genuinely curious, of the folks who think this won't happen, or don't see an alternative, how many were not that bothered by the 94 assault weapons ban?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm still on the Trump train. Yes, we have taken an a$$ whippin' the last few weeks but if the Democrats win in November. We are flat out $crewed. I'm on the train and I'm not getting off. No one ever promised me it would not be a bumpy ride.

Don't let the democrats win in November !!

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1234, 219DW, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1minute, 222Sako, 57 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,794
Posts18,496,211
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.