J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by m1rifleman
what do you think?

Well, gun owners and conservatives have got to get better. Some of these damned billionaires who throw money at these worthless candidates would be better off using that money to set up social media alternatives to twitter, YouTube, and Facebook. Those are systematically being purged right now. It is becoming impossible for conservatives to get their messages out.

We need a comphrehensive strategy and we’re not good at that. In fact, we’re bad at it because we just want to be left alone. That desire is not a recipe for political activism. No compromise sounds great, but without a plan, we’ll just get bowled over.

If we want to save the country as a whole, Article 5 represents the only chance. Without that, we are fighting a rearguard action to save what we can in potential rump states.
Why don't you suggest that to the Koch's? I'm not being sarcastic.

I’m sure others have. But I’m not too sure they are actually interested in much elsebut swinging the big dicks in their little pond.

Last edited by JoeBob; 03/01/18.
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by TWR
I'll pass on letting a convicted felon get his rights back. Murderer's are set free everyday, victims not so much.

Why? If a felon has done his sentence, and has been deemed fit to return to society, then why shouldn't he/she have the same rights as everyone else? If he/she is unfit to own a gun, then he/she should be unfit to get out of prison.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
You get the punishment to fit the crime and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Originally Posted by TWR
I'll pass on letting a convicted felon get his rights back. Murderer's are set free everyday, victims not so much.

Why? If a felon has done his sentence, and has been deemed fit to return to society, then why shouldn't he/she have the same rights as everyone else? If he/she is unfit to own a gun, then he/she should be unfit to get out of prison.

Exactly.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by TWR

Because I had a family member murdered 2 years ago and due to a possible million dollar trial the murderer plea bargained for possible parole in 12 years.

The system is too far out of control.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Our representatives should be talking about how the NRA has been suggesting ways to secure schools for years now and nobody listened.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by TWR

Because I had a family member murdered 2 years ago and due to a possible million dollar trial the murderer plea bargained for possible parole in 12 years.

My condolences on your loss, but it doesn't really change what I asked. Parole is not completing your sentence, but merely a reduction in the level of incarceration. What if he had gotten a 25 year sentence, and completed all 25 years behind bars? Would you still consider it right to bar him from exercising his right to self defense then? What about an 18 year old kid that made a stupid mistake, does his time, and never crosses the law again? Who worked hard for 25 years, owns a home, and has kids that would love to go hunting, or just plinking, but are unable to do so because he's a "felon"?

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
we got our rights infringed a long time ago, and most of the readership bought in, hook line & sinker.

and now here we are, once again.

do something, or not?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by TWR

My condolences on your loss.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Peddler
Our representatives should be talking about how the NRA has been suggesting ways to secure schools for years now and nobody listened.
A lot of our representatives and others have been talking and lots of people have been listening. The problem is the MSM is owned by the very globalists who wish to take away our rights and our guns. They don't report what they don't want reported. The truth really is out there. It is just suppressed.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree but Trump doesn't.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Peddler

I should think we have more qualified people in military/intelligence/security, than need to take advice from the NRA on school safety.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I said similar a week or so back....though “not” as eloquently! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Repeal GCA 1968, and everything since.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by memtb

I said similar a week or so back....though “not” as eloquently! memtb
Hush that honeyed tongue of yours, for I am blushing. lol I expect you said it better than me. Good to know that many are on the same page here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH

It'll never happen. Get ready, more gun control is on the way.

As gun owners, we put all our eggs in one basket......our belief in our Second Amendment rights, and that no one would dare take them away from us. Honestly, I'm not sure what else we could have done, because the Second Amendment should stand on it's own merits, and never be threatened. But, it doesn't matter what we think about it, it's how our enemies perceive it, and they don't believe it means what it does. It has gotten to the point that we are outnumbered, and a majority of people don't mind seeing newer forms of gun control.

What get's me is that it looks like it's going to be a GOP president that sells us out, not a Democrat. That's funny, if you think about it, especially after reading all the Trump love o here, and all the hate for the Democrats. One of ours, who woulda thunk it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yep.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JamesJr

As gun owners, we put all our eggs in one basket......our belief in our Second Amendment rights, and that no one would dare take them away from us. Honestly, I'm not sure what else we could have done, because the Second Amendment should stand on it's own merits, and never be threatened. But, it doesn't matter what we think about it, it's how our enemies perceive it, and they don't believe it means what it does. It has gotten to the point that we are outnumbered, and a majority of people don't mind seeing newer forms of gun control.

What get's me is that it looks like it's going to be a GOP president that sells us out, not a Democrat. That's funny, if you think about it, especially after reading all the Trump love o here, and all the hate for the Democrats. One of ours, who woulda thunk it.

Where the heck do you get this stuff? We're outnumbered? We have the House, the Senate, the White House, we picked up 1000 state seats under Obama... We got Heller vs DC, we got McDonald vs Chicago, we have the lowest or near lowest homicide rate in 110 years of records, we have lowest child death due to firearms in 50+ years of record keeping..

The only thing we don't have is a lack of people willing to surrender when we hold every single high ground position.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yup

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Where the heck do you get this stuff? We're outnumbered? We have the House, the Senate, the White House, we picked up 1000 state seats under Obama... We got Heller vs DC, we got McDonald vs Chicago, we have the lowest or near lowest homicide rate in 110 years of records, we have lowest child death due to firearms in 50+ years of record keeping..

The only thing we don't have is a lack of people willing to surrender when we hold every single high ground position.

We have the House, and Senate.........and what's that gotten us.......Obamacare is still in effect, illegal immigration is still going strong, etc. etc. The majority of Americans do not mind seeing more gun control, and although those polls are probably skewed, they are right to one degree or another. My thinking is that the politicians are going to bow to the gun control crowd, and pass something, if not now, it will happen.

Again, you have fallen victim to the thought that "it can't happen to us." It can, and it more than likely will, no matter how hard we fight to keep it from happening. Sorry to say, but this is not the America that most of us grew up in.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (Anaconda, 35, 33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 1,432 guests, and 930 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,412
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.