Home
Not now. Not ever. No negotiations unless they are for uninfringement. I'd like to see the GCA repealed and I'd like not to see national reciprocity as much as national recognition of the 2nd Amendment...Constitutional Carry nationwide. Then I'd like to see work on repealing the machinegun ban. That's the gun legislation I'd like to see. Can't buy a handgun across the state line? Why in hell not?

There are a lot of compromising pussies on this site and I just want them to know where I stand. As far as mental health and felons...Anybody who has done their time should not have to do without their gun rights for the rest of their life. They step out of prison or jail and they should be able to go buy a gun. If they are still a threat, they shouldn't be out of jail. Mental patients who are a threat are the same way. Parents should be responsible for keeping guns out of the hands of children or retards. People who slip through these cracks are the reason the rest of us have guns.

Anybody who loves freedom should be totally on board with this. We need less laws, not more. Our government is the problem here along with a bunch of globalists hiding behind a bunch of lies and using a bunch of wet-brains while suppressing the truth by owning the media.
Indeed!

Well said.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Indeed!

Well said.

Thank you.
Agreed.
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Agreed.

Thank you sir.
+++1
I got you. But what does that mean? From 1994 through Obama, the Dems avoided gun control because it was the third rail of US politics and they didn’t want to get thrown out of office. That seems to have changed. The are full bore now.

So, I don’t advocate any new laws or compromises either because it won’t satisfy them, but not compromising won’t stop them either. The next election they win and they have the votes, they are going to push some stuff through. And this time there won’t be a sunset provision or grandfathered items. So what then?

Here is an idea, stop railing on California and the other states and their sanctuary city policies and start secretly rooting for them in their defiance of the federal government. It is our blueprint for resistance when the next round of serious gun control laws are passed.

As for me, I’m not so attached to the idea of the United States as it is currently constituted that I would be happy to sacrifice all my rights just to stay part of it. The divisions on guns, immigration, and a whole host of issues are such that I don’t see how we stay together.
I don't rail on sanctuary cities or much of anything else Cali does save for denying their own citizens most of their 2nd amendment rights.

The Democrats avoiding gun control during that time period is a myth. Many of them got thrown out of office and the rest couldn't get anything done. They have been for gun control and went for it hard for most of my life starting with the GCA.

As for your question, it means just that...no compromise. Period. End of story.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I don't rail on sanctuary cities or much of anything else Cali does save for denying their own citizens most of their 2nd amendment rights.

The Democrats avoiding gun control during that time period is a myth. Many of them got thrown out of office and the rest couldn't get anything done. They have been for gun control and went for it hard for most of my life starting with the GCA.

So what does no compromise mean when it is rammed down your throat?
++++1 I agree 100%
Not now. Not ever. No negotiations unless they are for uninfringement. I'd like to see the GCA repealed and I'd like not to see national reciprocity as much as national recognition of the 2nd Amendment...Constitutional Carry nationwide. Then I'd like to see work on repealing the machinegun ban. That's the gun legislation I'd like to see. Can't buy a handgun across the state line? Why in hell not?

There are a lot of compromising pussies on this site and I just want them to know where I stand. As far as mental health and felons...Anybody who has done their time should not have to do without their gun rights for the rest of their life. They step out of prison or jail and they should be able to go buy a gun. If they are still a threat, they shouldn't be out of jail. Mental patients who are a threat are the same way. Parents should be responsible for keeping guns out of the hands of children or retards. People who slip through these cracks are the reason the rest of us have guns.

Anybody who loves freedom should be totally on board with this. We need less laws, not more. Our government is the problem here along with a bunch of globalists hiding behind a bunch of lies and using a bunch of wet-brains while suppressing the truth by owning the media.

I agree, they're trying to take it all as we speak.
Some of our people got sucked into the discussion on the lefties' terms I'm afraid. They fell for the trap. What they should have done right from the beginning was establish our narrative as safeguarding schools as opposed to any kind of gun control. Every single time any of the enemy brought up the NRA or gun whatever, they're response should have been something to the effect of "we're here to talk about how to secure our schools without stealing constitutional rights from law abiding gun owners. We can keep our kids safe AND protect the 2nd amendment at the same time."
what do you think?

Well said. Spot on.
Originally Posted by JoeBob

So what does no compromise mean when it is rammed down your throat?
It means you don't compromise.
Originally Posted by m1rifleman
what do you think?

Well, gun owners and conservatives have got to get better. Some of these damned billionaires who throw money at these worthless candidates would be better off using that money to set up social media alternatives to twitter, YouTube, and Facebook. Those are systematically being purged right now. It is becoming impossible for conservatives to get their messages out.

We need a comphrehensive strategy and we’re not good at that. In fact, we’re bad at it because we just want to be left alone. That desire is not a recipe for political activism. No compromise sounds great, but without a plan, we’ll just get bowled over.

If we want to save the country as a whole, Article 5 represents the only chance. Without that, we are fighting a rearguard action to save what we can in potential rump states.
I'll pass on letting a convicted felon get his rights back. Murderer's are set free everyday, victims not so much.
what do you think?

Well, gun owners and conservatives have got to get better. Some of these damned billionaires who throw money at these worthless candidates would be better off using that money to set up social media alternatives to twitter, YouTube, and Facebook. Those are systematically being purged right now. It is becoming impossible for conservatives to get their messages out.

We need a comphrehensive strategy and we’re not good at that. In fact, we’re bad at it because we just want to be left alone. That desire is not a recipe for political activism. No compromise sounds great, but without a plan, we’ll just get bowled over.

If we want to save the country as a whole, Article 5 represents the only chance. Without that, we are fighting a rearguard action to save what we can in potential rump states.
Why don't you suggest that to the Koch's? I'm not being sarcastic.
Originally Posted by TWR
I'll pass on letting a convicted felon get his rights back. Murderer's are set free everyday, victims not so much.

If you think I want a murderer set free, you are sorely mistaken. The punishment should always fit the crime and we have gotten far, far away from that. But if somebody has borne the punishment for what he did, he shouldn't continue to suffer and he shouldn't be defenseless when he is set free, having paid for his crimes.
Hear, hear!
what do you think?

Why don't you suggest that to the Koch's? I'm not being sarcastic.

I’m sure others have. But I’m not too sure they are actually interested in much elsebut swinging the big dicks in their little pond.
Originally Posted by TWR

Why? If a felon has done his sentence, and has been deemed fit to return to society, then why shouldn't he/she have the same rights as everyone else? If he/she is unfit to own a gun, then he/she should be unfit to get out of prison.
You get the punishment to fit the crime and we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Originally Posted by TWR

Why? If a felon has done his sentence, and has been deemed fit to return to society, then why shouldn't he/she have the same rights as everyone else? If he/she is unfit to own a gun, then he/she should be unfit to get out of prison.

Exactly.
Originally Posted by TWR

Because I had a family member murdered 2 years ago and due to a possible million dollar trial the murderer plea bargained for possible parole in 12 years.

The system is too far out of control.
Our representatives should be talking about how the NRA has been suggesting ways to secure schools for years now and nobody listened.
Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by TWR

Because I had a family member murdered 2 years ago and due to a possible million dollar trial the murderer plea bargained for possible parole in 12 years.

My condolences on your loss, but it doesn't really change what I asked. Parole is not completing your sentence, but merely a reduction in the level of incarceration. What if he had gotten a 25 year sentence, and completed all 25 years behind bars? Would you still consider it right to bar him from exercising his right to self defense then? What about an 18 year old kid that made a stupid mistake, does his time, and never crosses the law again? Who worked hard for 25 years, owns a home, and has kids that would love to go hunting, or just plinking, but are unable to do so because he's a "felon"?
we got our rights infringed a long time ago, and most of the readership bought in, hook line & sinker.

and now here we are, once again.

do something, or not?
Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by TWR

My condolences on your loss.
Originally Posted by Peddler
Our representatives should be talking about how the NRA has been suggesting ways to secure schools for years now and nobody listened.
A lot of our representatives and others have been talking and lots of people have been listening. The problem is the MSM is owned by the very globalists who wish to take away our rights and our guns. They don't report what they don't want reported. The truth really is out there. It is just suppressed.
I agree but Trump doesn't.

I should think we have more qualified people in military/intelligence/security, than need to take advice from the NRA on school safety.

I said similar a week or so back....though “not” as eloquently! memtb
Repeal GCA 1968, and everything since.
Originally Posted by memtb

I said similar a week or so back....though “not” as eloquently! memtb
Hush that honeyed tongue of yours, for I am blushing. lol I expect you said it better than me. Good to know that many are on the same page here.
Originally Posted by 700LH

It'll never happen. Get ready, more gun control is on the way.

As gun owners, we put all our eggs in one basket......our belief in our Second Amendment rights, and that no one would dare take them away from us. Honestly, I'm not sure what else we could have done, because the Second Amendment should stand on it's own merits, and never be threatened. But, it doesn't matter what we think about it, it's how our enemies perceive it, and they don't believe it means what it does. It has gotten to the point that we are outnumbered, and a majority of people don't mind seeing newer forms of gun control.

What get's me is that it looks like it's going to be a GOP president that sells us out, not a Democrat. That's funny, if you think about it, especially after reading all the Trump love o here, and all the hate for the Democrats. One of ours, who woulda thunk it.
Yep.
Originally Posted by JamesJr

As gun owners, we put all our eggs in one basket......our belief in our Second Amendment rights, and that no one would dare take them away from us. Honestly, I'm not sure what else we could have done, because the Second Amendment should stand on it's own merits, and never be threatened. But, it doesn't matter what we think about it, it's how our enemies perceive it, and they don't believe it means what it does. It has gotten to the point that we are outnumbered, and a majority of people don't mind seeing newer forms of gun control.

What get's me is that it looks like it's going to be a GOP president that sells us out, not a Democrat. That's funny, if you think about it, especially after reading all the Trump love o here, and all the hate for the Democrats. One of ours, who woulda thunk it.

Where the heck do you get this stuff? We're outnumbered? We have the House, the Senate, the White House, we picked up 1000 state seats under Obama... We got Heller vs DC, we got McDonald vs Chicago, we have the lowest or near lowest homicide rate in 110 years of records, we have lowest child death due to firearms in 50+ years of record keeping..

The only thing we don't have is a lack of people willing to surrender when we hold every single high ground position.

Yup
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Where the heck do you get this stuff? We're outnumbered? We have the House, the Senate, the White House, we picked up 1000 state seats under Obama... We got Heller vs DC, we got McDonald vs Chicago, we have the lowest or near lowest homicide rate in 110 years of records, we have lowest child death due to firearms in 50+ years of record keeping..

The only thing we don't have is a lack of people willing to surrender when we hold every single high ground position.

We have the House, and Senate.........and what's that gotten us.......Obamacare is still in effect, illegal immigration is still going strong, etc. etc. The majority of Americans do not mind seeing more gun control, and although those polls are probably skewed, they are right to one degree or another. My thinking is that the politicians are going to bow to the gun control crowd, and pass something, if not now, it will happen.

Again, you have fallen victim to the thought that "it can't happen to us." It can, and it more than likely will, no matter how hard we fight to keep it from happening. Sorry to say, but this is not the America that most of us grew up in.

We have the House, and Senate.........and what's that gotten us.......Obamacare is still in effect, illegal immigration is still going strong, etc. etc. The majority of Americans do not mind seeing more gun control, and although those polls are probably skewed, they are right to one degree or another. My thinking is that the politicians are going to bow to the gun control crowd, and pass something, if not now, it will happen.

Again, you have fallen victim to the thought that "it can't happen to us." It can, and it more than likely will, no matter how hard we fight to keep it from happening. Sorry to say, but this is not the America that most of us grew up in.

I'm sure those "polls" are skewed. Hell, their news is skewed to the point of being outright lies.

The truth of the matter is that the last time the commies made a run at our guns, it cost them many, many political seats. It also saw a rendition of gun laws and not meaning more gun control. Most laws loosened.

The liberal states will continue the downward spiral with gun control, and the upward trend of gun violence.

You can always tell a liberal... You just can't tell 'em much. wink
If something does pass this year, and that is a big if, it will be something small like improvements to the background check system. How gun control plays out in the midterms I do not know, it will likely be a wild card.
I don't disagree with no compromise concerning gun rights. I do disagree that it's the correct approach to deal with people you disagree with when you are suppose to represent both sides.
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I don't disagree with no compromise concerning gun rights. I do disagree that it's the correct approach to deal with people you disagree with when you are suppose to represent both sides.

There's only one side to this debate. What does the Constitution say? You know, the one he swore to uphold! There is no other position. Sure there are other opinions, but they don't have the Constitution on their side.
Completely agree with EE. Any negotiations regarding gun control need to start with rolling back the gun control act of 1968 and returning to a constitutional interpretation of the second amendment like he stated. For 50 years we have accepted limitations on our second amendment rights and this is where we are now. Mass shootings in gun free zones. We need to take action that will solve the problems. I have zero confidence this will happen.

Exactly.

You're listening to too much fake news...and believing it. The polls all said Hillary would win.
Curious if any of you see any limit on “arms” as stipulated in the constitution?

Firearms, armament, artillery......

In your opinions, should there be any limit at all?
Not now. Not ever. No negotiations unless they are for uninfringement. . . .

Exactly.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Curious if any of you see any limit on “arms” as stipulated in the constitution?

I commented on this a week or so ago......No!

My interpretation of the Second Amendment is to protect us, The Republic, from a tyrannical government! To do so means, that
we should legally have the same equipment (equally armed) as those who would attempt to dominate “We the People”. If funding were available.....I should be able to own a fully armed and operational F-16! JMO

I’m sure that liberals and those not supporting The Constitution and The Bill of Rights.....would disagree! memtb
A tiny handful of domestic terrorists and a liberal media mad to destroy the US. Now much of the country is clamoring to become soviets.
I agree with most of your post...

As far as mental health and felons...Anybody who has done their time should not have to do without their gun rights for the rest of their life. They step out of prison or jail and they should be able to go buy a gun. If they are still a threat, they shouldn't be out of jail.

I still think a convicted felon should have to apply for a pardon from his/her Governor to get his/her gun or voting rights back. Losing these rights is part of the game you play.

Mental patients who are a threat are the same way.

Who gets to decide who is or isn't mentally stable enough to own a gun?

Slippery slope here.
Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by MadMooner

.M

I commented on this a week or so ago......No!

My interpretation of the Second Amendment is to protect us, The Republic, from a tyrannical government! To do so means, that
we should legally have the same equipment (equally armed) as those who would attempt to dominate “We the People”. If funding were available.....I should be able to own a fully armed and operational F-16! JMO

I’m sure that liberals and those not supporting The Constitution and The Bill of Rights.....would disagree! memtb

Yeah ...... I want a Battleship, an Aircraft Carrier, and Bombers..lots of Bombers.

Does that statement gain me admittance to the Campfire Choir?
Originally Posted by muleshoe

Slippery slope here.

Not at all. This has been the case forever in the US. A court decides that. Ethan Edwards is saying, though, that this denial of rights only may justly persist for the period of confinement. Once someone is released from a psychiatric facility, he is back to being a free human being, with all the rights attached thereto, guaranteed by our Constitution. This means that anyone who is deemed by the courts to be untrustworthy (due to criminality or mental defect) with a gun should remain in confinement till they are deemed otherwise, because the RTKABA attaches, in the US, to all free people who are of age, and this right is unalienable.
Originally Posted by muleshoe
I agree with most of your post...

As far as mental health and felons...Anybody who has done their time should not have to do without their gun rights for the rest of their life. They step out of prison or jail and they should be able to go buy a gun. If they are still a threat, they shouldn't be out of jail.

I still think a convicted felon should have to apply for a pardon from his/her Governor to get his/her gun or voting rights back. Losing these rights is part of the game you play.

Mental patients who are a threat are the same way.

Slippery slope here.
It's easy to feel the way you do if you're around stereotypical felons very much. The problem lies in how you define felon. Again, people who are truly a danger need to stay in jail or prison. People who aren't shouldn't have to have their rights restored, they should just take up their natural rights again, upon release. Part of the problem is another part of the justice system racket, which is the endless parade of early releases, paroles, etc. Just set a time period and have the penalty fit the crime, then do the time. Lots of the problem with our government is the proliferation of lawyers and their penchant for purposely complicating things since that is what makes them money.
One of the reasons they adopted the early release for good behavior system was to provide a motivation for good behavior while in captivity. In the old days, the motivation for good behavior was to avoid a beat down by the guards, or to avoid the sweat box, or some such. When those conditions disappeared, they needed some other motivator for good behavior.

I would like to see a law that stated that no legislation will every be scheduled for either house that is already covered by the Constitution of the United States. This law should also include coverage or inclusion in any Executive Order.

If the Maxist Communists want to pollute this sacred ground, all they need to do is gain 2/3's of each house plus 38 states to amend the constitution. If there is an addendum, any politician that proposes any legislation contradictory to the Constitution should be charged with Treason against the post they swore an oath to uphold.

The United States is the only country in history that was created under a set of ideals based on "Decency". Let no person claim superiority over the worlds most pure attempt at individual liberty and freedom from tyranny.

John
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter

I would like to see a law that stated that no legislation will every be scheduled for either house that is already covered by the Constitution of the United States. This law should also include coverage or inclusion in any Executive Order.

If the Maxist Communists want to pollute this sacred ground, all they need to do is gain 2/3's of each house plus 38 states to amend the constitution. If there is an addendum, any politician that proposes any legislation contradictory to the Constitution should be charged with Treason against the post they swore an oath to uphold.

The United States is the only country in history that was created under a set of ideals based on "Decency". Let no person claim superiority over the worlds most pure attempt at individual liberty and freedom from tyranny.

John
Thank you. Many time foreign folk are more appreciative of our country than we are.

You don't have to, the thing is graven in stone and as such is untouchable.

Did I ever tell you lot how much I envy you the right...feel free to keep your lunatics, but the right to defend against them is very attractive.
"No compromise. Not now, not ever."

Exactly! I've been pretty much sour on the NRA for some time now. I've been a member at one level or another since 1955 and frankly, I'm not sure I'm getting my money's worth. Their constant compromising on gun laws, their reluctance to take on issues they feel they might not win and frankly, I feel they no longer want to win. Very simple. Follow the money. If the NRA was to go full balls to the wall and win, there would no longer be the reason to dun us for money all the time. NAGR, GOA and JPFO are far more aggressive if fighting for gun owner's rights that the NRA and it's been that way for some time now.
About two years ago, I got a call from the NRA asking for money. I told them that when they quit comprising and decided to fight the way they should be doing, then I'd donate to the cause. Until then don't bother me. They haven't called since.
Paul B.
Pissed off NRA life/Endowment member.
"I still think a convicted felon should have to apply for a pardon from his/her Governor to get his/her gun or voting rights back. Losing these rights is part of the game you play."

I don't think that would work. There would be so many applications that the Governor's office would be swamped. Here in Arizona, a felon once he/she has completed their sentence including parole can apply to the court that convicted them for restoration of ALL civil rights. It's done by court order. The judge is the one most familiar with the case so would be the most qualified to make the decision.

I also think there should be a strong three strikes law.

First offense: The judge has discretion on probation, jail time. Certain felonies exempt and full sentencing requiried. (Murder, Manslaughter rape ect.)

Second offense: Standard sentence doubled. No parole, no probation and no early out.

Third offense: Mandatory death penalty. Repeat offenders are a cancer on society. If you had a cancerous tumor you would be hoping the doctor would be removing it in one hell of a hurry. Maybe bringing back public executions just might be the deterrent needed.

Hell! What do I know? I'm just a grumpy 80 YO man that's sick and tired of seeing bad guys turned loose early, especially when some of them should be swinging from a gallows.
Paul B.
I hear you PJ. Thanks for your comments.

Good post.
Some of our people got sucked into the discussion on the lefties' terms I'm afraid. They fell for the trap. What they should have done right from the beginning was establish our narrative as safeguarding schools as opposed to any kind of gun control. Every single time any of the enemy brought up the NRA or gun whatever, they're response should have been something to the effect of "we're here to talk about how to secure our schools without stealing constitutional rights from law abiding gun owners. We can keep our kids safe AND protect the 2nd amendment at the same time."

If one piece of the Constitution gets compromised, it's just a short drive to the 2nd piece and then to the 3rd piece. It's what ever is politically convenient for the liberal left. It's not about what is right and fair, it's about power and control. It's always been about power and control. Have we all forgotten about Nikita Khrushchev banging his shoe on his desk at the UN telling us we would fall from the inside ?? I guess that's why there are no longer civics and government classes in the high schools. The liberal left doesn't want to remind folks what he said and that he meant it.

As the NRA says, Stand and Fight ! It's on the bumper sticker on my redneck and rusty Ford pickup for all to see.

kwg
The problem with anti gunners is that no matter how much you give them, it is never enough. They always want more. They take a little at a time until they have got all of it. Never compromise on your rights. The Bill of Rights are sacred to this country. It's what sets us apart. If you don't like it. You have every right to move somewhere else where you will have less rights.

IN-CRE-MENTAL-ISM
Smoke pot; the drug war is lost✌️
Originally Posted by jwp475

Good post.
Thank you and thank you for standing.
Listening to Rush today and he's spot on, the liberal have no interest in compromise. NONE. And if they can get rid of the 2nd amendment then they'd also like to get rid of the 1st amendment. So it is true, we MUST not compromise. we MUST stand united.
One of the upsides to coming to this site is fellowshipping, to borrow a biblical term, with all those of like-mind. A downside is when you get those who are gun owners who still want to appease and toady to the anti's. It gladdens my heart to see all those on this post agreeing that we must not give the anti's ANYTHING.

It's at once about coming together regardless of differences on other things, and standing hard against those who would disarm us. It's all about the guns. Yet it isn't. It's about an even more base instinct and that is defending one's self and one's loved ones and even one's property against the forces of evil. Property even, as without that, who will live and who will die? It may not be as stark today, but in the old days, what happened when the King's men came and confiscated all your grain to feed their armies and whores? Your family starved during the winter. This is all about the guns, but then it's about a whole lot more.

God bless all y'all. God bless the USA.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
...anyone who is deemed by the courts to be untrustworthy (due to criminality or mental defect) with a gun should remain in confinement till they are deemed otherwise...

...and ignore the length of the sentence? Baloney!
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"Yeah ...... I want a Battleship, an Aircraft Carrier, and Bombers..lots of Bombers.

Well, CD4570, if you are so rich you can afford to buy a battleship, an aircraft carrier, and lots of bombers, hire the sailors, pilots and crews, and all the equipment and supplies including all the ordinance to maintain same ..... I say, "Go for it!" grin

L.W.
Originally Posted by TRnCO
Listening to Rush today and he's spot on, the liberal have no interest in compromise. NONE. And if they can get rid of the 2nd amendment then they'd also like to get rid of the 1st amendment. So it is true, we MUST not compromise. we MUST stand united.

That fairly well sums it up.

Hang together or hang separately. Well said EE. We really have no other choice. The thing about Trump winning is that the left has now exposed themselves for all those doubters to see.

The real moment of decision will come when you have to decide if the time has come to do what the founders wrote the 2nd for. They put their lives on the line to create this nation. Are we worthy?
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
"Yeah ...... I want a Battleship, an Aircraft Carrier, and Bombers..lots of Bombers.

Well, CD4570, if you are so rich you can afford to buy a battleship, an aircraft carrier, and lots of bombers, hire the sailors, pilots and crews, and all the equipment and supplies including all the ordinance to maintain same ..... I say, "Go for it!" grin

L.W.

I’m just trying to fit in.
Never ever back off of the 2nd. Not 1 inch.
Far too many people have bought in to the proposition that if you don't personally like someone else's firearms it's ok to take or ban them. I don't own a bump stock so why not allow the government to ban everyone's right to own one. It's a slippery slope that ends up getting us into terrible trouble. The argument that "it's only reasonable gun control" is bogus. THERE IS NO REASONABLE GUN CONTROL!! All roads lead to the same place and that is to disarm us all.
Well, how do you propose we can do this where the majority of States have completely ignored the 08 Hella decision?
We need make sure no other rights are taken away while at the same time working to restore those rights that have been taken away unconstitutionally..
A pretty good shot at "doing this" is to pass the Convention of States. Get some term limits on judicial appointments and congressional seats. Vote out any legislator that is not in favor of actually following the oath of office they all take. We need to band together and fight for our Second Amendment freedoms and the other amendments as well. Whether we personally like a bump stock is not an issue. What is at issue is giving up our right to own one. When one of us is diminished, all of us are diminished.

Individual states can do what they are willing to do but a strong Supreme Court that upholds the constitution as it was written will guard against rogue actions of the individual states. As it is our SC is just half assed in favor of the Second Amendment. Individual states rogue laws might stand for several years before the SC get's off their ass and rules and then it's anybody's guess where the swinging idiots on the court will land on a particular issue.

Our rights are being pecked away at one by one and we are doing nothing. In fact when we allow something like bump stock chicanery to get by unopposed we are allowing another step in abdicating our rights guaranteed by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
I'm totally on board with your premise. I think every single federal law regarding gun control from 1934 on should be declared unconstitutional and repealed. The problem as I see it can be summed up in a three word quote from Pat Buchanan. "Demographics is destiny". The immigrants flooding our country have no concept of a government of, by, and for the people. They see weapons as the enforcement of tyranny or perpetration of crime. The idea of a check and balance on a tyrannical government by an armed citizenry is beyond their intellectual grasp. Many of our native born have been dumbed down to the same level. So the tide is against us. What does that mean?

The other side of this coin is having the means and will to resist tyranny by whatever means necessary. It means blowing away the LEO on the porch trying to confiscate your guns. It means assassinating politicians who lead the effort to disarm us. It means civil war. In the next 20 years, it will happen. Each person will have to decide whether to submit to the long dark night of tyranny or to use lethal force to defend liberty. There will be no other way. I'm totally OK with meeting my Maker after having defended free agency at the point of a sword. Maybe you aren't. And I can't blame people who chose the easy way out.
Can't buy a handgun across the state line? Why in hell not?
After the liberals spread the story that Kennedy was killed with a mail order rifle, they started getting anti-gun bills passed. They got the votes and that's why we can't buy guns like we used to.
There was a yoyo who broke and vandalized the Denver Art Museum. He was charged with "felony mischief"; that is the problem with felonies. I think it should have been vandalism. I am sure there is a felony jaywalking statute.

As for us having F16s, tanks, and such; ask the Soviets about Afganistan. An occupied state is nearly impossible to subdue short of killing everyone or deporting them all and replacing them with deportees from some other place.
what do you think?

This

We have to stand together. We all have our own ideas of the perfect candidate. Unfortunately, there is NO SUCH THING as a perfect candidate. When you get a primary candidate stand behind him or her even if you don't see eye to eye. It's also not just about the 2nd. It's about the whole Bill of Rights and the Constitution. I don't think we take enough time to think about the big picture and the entire Constitution is the big picture. If the 2nd goes away, so will the 1st and the 4th and 5th. Yes, even the 3rd Amendment has value.

The anarchist left will kill us if we don't start thinking like a team.
kwg
Originally Posted by rainshot
Far too many people have bought in to the proposition that if you don't personally like someone else's firearms it's ok to take or ban them. I don't own a bump stock so why not allow the government to ban everyone's right to own one. It's a slippery slope that ends up getting us into terrible trouble. The argument that "it's only reasonable gun control" is bogus. THERE IS NO REASONABLE GUN CONTROL!! All roads lead to the same place and that is to disarm us all.

This.
Originally Posted by Harry M
Well, how do you propose we can do this where the majority of States have completely ignored the 08 Hella decision?

The Hella Decision seems to have affirmed GCA68 and more.
Any time you let them take something, you lose more than expected. Never give them anything.
The 2nd, is the linchpin to all your Rights. Without it, it's just the Bill of Suggestions.
Abusing the rights protected by the 2nd amendment should be a separate federal crime punished by 30 years in prison.

By abuse of the 2nd I mean using a gun during the commission of a serious felony or a felon in possession of a firearm.
Where in the 2nd are felons
mentioned?
I'm already doing it son. I live in a free state. The question is, you living in a highly infringed state, what are YOU going to do?
Link to a thread on this subject a while back.

Bill of Rights

To understand the Founder's intent in the BoR, one must look at the whole picture of how it came about. These men realized that ALL governments, if left unchecked, grow all powerful and corrupt. Even a well founded Democratic Republic, such as ours, should have in place some kind of protection for the people.
The Bill of Rights, as written, doesn't give us rights. It recognizes the these rights are ours at birth. These rights come not from the government, but from God, and guarantees that the government has no power to deny them.
To compromise on one, is to allow compromise on all.
Remember this. Teach your children this. It's your job as a parent.
Government run schools will not do it.
This is why I fear we're on borrowed time.
7mm
I'm already doing it son. I live in a free state. The question is, you living in a highly infringed state, what are YOU going to do?

You live in a State that has no second amendment infringements? What State is that pray tell?

You live in a State that has no second amendment infringements? What State is that pray tell?
Kansas. There are very few infringements here. We have Constitutional Carry. I think Kansas is rated number two in the nation for gun rights.
The denial of of civil and Constitutional rights should be a death sentence on anyone proposing and supporting the idea.

We are too far down the path to get our rights back by working within the system.

Look at what just happened in NJ.
Originally Posted by stevelyn
The denial of of civil and Constitutional rights should be a death sentence on anyone proposing and supporting the idea.

We are too far down the path to get our rights back by working within the system.

You wouldn't have had to have put anyone to death if you'd just have been able to throw anybody in the hoosegow who proposed such legislation about twenty years ago. Same penalty for anybody trying to enforce it. We should have shut down the immigration back then too. Too many even on here want to whine and carry on about "legal immigrants". I guess I'm okay with legal immigrants if about 99% of immigration is illegal.

You see it on here all the time, and more so in the real world. People are just followers who care way too much about what others think. They all want to be in the majority.

You wouldn't have had to have put anyone to death if you'd just have been able to throw anybody in the hoosegow who proposed such legislation about twenty years ago. Same penalty for anybody trying to enforce it. We should have shut down the immigration back then too. Too many even on here want to whine and carry on about "legal immigrants". I guess I'm okay with legal immigrants if about 99% of immigration is illegal.

We are basically a 2-tiered lawless society. That's not going to change until the corrupt are soundly defeated and made an example of.
Kansas is all that. Didn't you just have a House Rep jump from Republican to Democrat?
Kansas is all that. Didn't you just have a House Rep jump from Republican to Democrat?
lol What kind of gun laws have y'all got in Mass? What is your state's ranking?
http://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/best-states-for-gun-owners-2018/327233

This one ranks Kansas as #4. Where is Mass?
Wash the sand out of your mangina and try again.
lol What kind of gun laws have y'all got in Mass? What is your state's ranking?

I'm agreeing with your position on Kansas.
We can keep compromising until it’s gone. Hasbeen
My bottom line is, laws shouldn't be written by the ignorant. Gun control advocates, almost to a man, woman, trans or whatever, tend to utterly lack any kind of useful knowledge of, or experience with, firearms.
Thing is, we're getting to the point where VOTERS, and therefore the POLITICIANS, don't have a clue about ANYTHING.
The government was denied the power to legislate the right to keep and bear arms in its founding document. It's just that simple. EVERY law written which infringes on this right in any way makes the right simply a government-granted privilege. I consider this a treason, and those involved in writing or enforcing these laws, from Congress to the POTUS to SCOTUS to LEO's traitors. ALL OF THEM.

Rights are absolute. They do not come from government, and a just government has no power to legislate them. What we have now is an unjust (tyrannical) government that needs to be dismantled by force by principled men and women.
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
The government was denied the power to legislate the right to keep and bear arms in its founding document. It's just that simple. EVERY law written which infringes on this right in any way makes the right simply a government-granted privilege. I consider this a treason, and those involved in writing or enforcing these laws, from Congress to the POTUS to SCOTUS to LEO's traitors. ALL OF THEM.

Rights are absolute. They do not come from government, and a just government has no power to legislate them. What we have now is an unjust (tyrannical) government that needs to be dismantled by force by principled men and women.
And...you are absolutely correct.

Great thread, Ethan. I missed it the first time around and wanted my view on the record, so to speak. I do not stand with traitors. If I have the opportunity, I will seek to hold them accountable. We don't need any system to do this. It seems that a non-violent solution becomes less likely as time moves on, though, which is tragic.

Great thread, Ethan. I missed it the first time around and wanted my view on the record, so to speak. I do not stand with traitors. If I have the opportunity, I will seek to hold them accountable. We don't need any system to do this. It seems that a non-violent solution becomes less likely as time moves on, though, which is tragic.
Thank you and thank you for keeping the faith.
Jeezus.

Ethan, I just read your writeup and agree 1000%. Thank you soooo much..
Disagree EE, felons equal no guns, time served or not. Choices and consequences.
It seems, judging from recent events, that our rights are more at risk when the Repubs have the WH and half of Congress. The Antis didn’t accomplish as much when the Dems had the whole deal.

1. Giving BATFE the authority to outlaw gun parts.

2. Proposing the taking of guns from individuals with no immediate recourse to stop it.
Originally Posted by schoolmarm

Ethan, I just read your writeup and agree 1000%. Thank you soooo much..
Thank you.
Originally Posted by Esox357
Disagree EE, felons equal no guns, time served or not. Choices and consequences.

Who cares whether you disagree? Your government does not have the power to take guns away from people it chooses to for arbitrary reasons. Guns are a right. Do you know what a right is?

The government has made itself the victim of every crime committed and given itself sole standing in criminal court. Actual victims can only testify. They cannot receive reparation. The government continues to make up new statutes of which it is the victim if said statute is broken. Court used to be about actual victims with actual standing. The law used to be about actual harm, actual damage, actual redress.

So which rights do you think the government should be able to deny at will?
Although I would love to see nation wide carry..and a permit that was respected like a drivers license..but I also respect the states right which is a foundation of our country...so I'm torn...if we give up state rights we are all just subjects of a centeral government ..
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
Although I would love to see nation wide carry..and a permit that was respected like a drivers license..but I also respect the states right which is a foundation of our country...so I'm torn...if we give up state rights we are all just subjects of a centeral government ..

A permit shouldn't be needed and states shouldn't be able to regulate a Constitutional right
When you are convicted of a fellony you loose your rights...I knew a guy who was convicted of a fellony and had served his time...when he got out he had no gun rights..he was working on getting them back...he had to prove to a judge he could be a productive member of society...so as I remember he had to hold a job for 5 years and have no incidents with the law...I think he eventually got them back but I'm not sure...I know he did a lot of hunting..
Ethan, I agree.

"Shall not be infringed" is self explanatory.
[quote=rainierrifleco]Although I would love to see nation wide carry..and a permit that was respected like a drivers license..but I also respect the states right which is a foundation of our country...so I'm torn...if we give up state rights we are all just subjects of a centeral government ..

A permit shouldn't be needed and states shouldn't be able to regulate a Constitutional right[/quote

Gota say you are 100% right on that...
No more compromise ever ever ever...…...

Absolutely the truth.

Yep, the right to keep and bear arms makes no sense at all if the government (which the right is meant to keep in check) has any power to infringe upon it to any extent. The Founders intentionally removed said right from the authority of Government to interfere with it in any way by means of the Second Amendment. "Shall not be infringed" is extremely clear language. It doesn't say, "unless this or except in the case of that."

If someone is too much of a threat to be free (freedom implies the RTKABA), then they are too much of a threat to be out of prison or still alive. Once free, however, all the rights attached to liberty apply, so don't let them go if you don't want them armed and amongst us.

We should be arresting a lot more criminals and keeping them in prison longer, and executing many many more criminals than we currently do. Armed robbery should be a ticket to the gallows, IMO, for example. Certainly on the second conviction.
It seems, judging from recent events, that our rights are more at risk when the Repubs have the WH and half of Congress. The Antis didn’t accomplish as much when the Dems had the whole deal.

1. Giving BATFE the authority to outlaw gun parts.

2. Proposing the taking of guns from individuals with no immediate recourse to stop it.

Sadly, this cannot be denied.
Originally Posted by huntnshoot
The government has made itself the victim of every crime committed and given itself sole standing in criminal court. Actual victims can only testify. They cannot receive reparation. The government continues to make up new statutes of which it is the victim if said statute is broken. Court used to be about actual victims with actual standing. The law used to be about actual harm, actual damage, actual redress.

So which rights do you think the government should be able to deny at will?

Excellent post. Crimes should require a showing of an actual victim who was harmed.

+ a zillion...

You are wrong. Once a felon has done their time and shown they are able to live in modern society then they need ALL their rights restored. The felon is going to get a gun anyway laws be darned. An honest ex-felon will abide by the law and try all legal means to get their rights back. Who is being hurt by these draconian laws? Ahhhhhhhh. The honest guy. Once again.

Jim
© 24hourcampfire