Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
"I still think a convicted felon should have to apply for a pardon from his/her Governor to get his/her gun or voting rights back. Losing these rights is part of the game you play."

I don't think that would work. There would be so many applications that the Governor's office would be swamped. Here in Arizona, a felon once he/she has completed their sentence including parole can apply to the court that convicted them for restoration of ALL civil rights. It's done by court order. The judge is the one most familiar with the case so would be the most qualified to make the decision.

I also think there should be a strong three strikes law.

First offense: The judge has discretion on probation, jail time. Certain felonies exempt and full sentencing requiried. (Murder, Manslaughter rape ect.)

Second offense: Standard sentence doubled. No parole, no probation and no early out.

Third offense: Mandatory death penalty. Repeat offenders are a cancer on society. If you had a cancerous tumor you would be hoping the doctor would be removing it in one hell of a hurry. Maybe bringing back public executions just might be the deterrent needed.

Hell! What do I know? I'm just a grumpy 80 YO man that's sick and tired of seeing bad guys turned loose early, especially when some of them should be swinging from a gallows.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I hear you PJ. Thanks for your comments.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Not now. Not ever. No negotiations unless they are for uninfringement. I'd like to see the GCA repealed and I'd like not to see national reciprocity as much as national recognition of the 2nd Amendment...Constitutional Carry nationwide. Then I'd like to see work on repealing the machinegun ban. That's the gun legislation I'd like to see. Can't buy a handgun across the state line? Why in hell not?

There are a lot of compromising pussies on this site and I just want them to know where I stand. As far as mental health and felons...Anybody who has done their time should not have to do without their gun rights for the rest of their life. They step out of prison or jail and they should be able to go buy a gun. If they are still a threat, they shouldn't be out of jail. Mental patients who are a threat are the same way. Parents should be responsible for keeping guns out of the hands of children or retards. People who slip through these cracks are the reason the rest of us have guns.

Anybody who loves freedom should be totally on board with this. We need less laws, not more. Our government is the problem here along with a bunch of globalists hiding behind a bunch of lies and using a bunch of wet-brains while suppressing the truth by owning the media.

Good post.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Peddler
Some of our people got sucked into the discussion on the lefties' terms I'm afraid. They fell for the trap. What they should have done right from the beginning was establish our narrative as safeguarding schools as opposed to any kind of gun control. Every single time any of the enemy brought up the NRA or gun whatever, they're response should have been something to the effect of "we're here to talk about how to secure our schools without stealing constitutional rights from law abiding gun owners. We can keep our kids safe AND protect the 2nd amendment at the same time."

If one piece of the Constitution gets compromised, it's just a short drive to the 2nd piece and then to the 3rd piece. It's what ever is politically convenient for the liberal left. It's not about what is right and fair, it's about power and control. It's always been about power and control. Have we all forgotten about Nikita Khrushchev banging his shoe on his desk at the UN telling us we would fall from the inside ?? I guess that's why there are no longer civics and government classes in the high schools. The liberal left doesn't want to remind folks what he said and that he meant it.

As the NRA says, Stand and Fight ! It's on the bumper sticker on my redneck and rusty Ford pickup for all to see.

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 03/29/18.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
L
L
The problem with anti gunners is that no matter how much you give them, it is never enough. They always want more. They take a little at a time until they have got all of it. Never compromise on your rights. The Bill of Rights are sacred to this country. It's what sets us apart. If you don't like it. You have every right to move somewhere else where you will have less rights.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

IN-CRE-MENTAL-ISM

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Smoke pot; the drug war is lost✌️

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jwp475
Not now. Not ever. No negotiations unless they are for uninfringement. I'd like to see the GCA repealed and I'd like not to see national reciprocity as much as national recognition of the 2nd Amendment...Constitutional Carry nationwide. Then I'd like to see work on repealing the machinegun ban. That's the gun legislation I'd like to see. Can't buy a handgun across the state line? Why in hell not?

There are a lot of compromising pussies on this site and I just want them to know where I stand. As far as mental health and felons...Anybody who has done their time should not have to do without their gun rights for the rest of their life. They step out of prison or jail and they should be able to go buy a gun. If they are still a threat, they shouldn't be out of jail. Mental patients who are a threat are the same way. Parents should be responsible for keeping guns out of the hands of children or retards. People who slip through these cracks are the reason the rest of us have guns.

Anybody who loves freedom should be totally on board with this. We need less laws, not more. Our government is the problem here along with a bunch of globalists hiding behind a bunch of lies and using a bunch of wet-brains while suppressing the truth by owning the media.

Good post.
Thank you and thank you for standing.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Listening to Rush today and he's spot on, the liberal have no interest in compromise. NONE. And if they can get rid of the 2nd amendment then they'd also like to get rid of the 1st amendment. So it is true, we MUST not compromise. we MUST stand united.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
One of the upsides to coming to this site is fellowshipping, to borrow a biblical term, with all those of like-mind. A downside is when you get those who are gun owners who still want to appease and toady to the anti's. It gladdens my heart to see all those on this post agreeing that we must not give the anti's ANYTHING.

It's at once about coming together regardless of differences on other things, and standing hard against those who would disarm us. It's all about the guns. Yet it isn't. It's about an even more base instinct and that is defending one's self and one's loved ones and even one's property against the forces of evil. Property even, as without that, who will live and who will die? It may not be as stark today, but in the old days, what happened when the King's men came and confiscated all your grain to feed their armies and whores? Your family starved during the winter. This is all about the guns, but then it's about a whole lot more.

God bless all y'all. God bless the USA.

IC B3

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
...anyone who is deemed by the courts to be untrustworthy (due to criminality or mental defect) with a gun should remain in confinement till they are deemed otherwise...

...and ignore the length of the sentence? Baloney!

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"Yeah ...... I want a Battleship, an Aircraft Carrier, and Bombers..lots of Bombers.

Does that statement gain me admittance to the Campfire Choir?

Well, CD4570, if you are so rich you can afford to buy a battleship, an aircraft carrier, and lots of bombers, hire the sailors, pilots and crews, and all the equipment and supplies including all the ordinance to maintain same ..... I say, "Go for it!" grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by TRnCO
Listening to Rush today and he's spot on, the liberal have no interest in compromise. NONE. And if they can get rid of the 2nd amendment then they'd also like to get rid of the 1st amendment. So it is true, we MUST not compromise. we MUST stand united.

That fairly well sums it up.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Hang together or hang separately. Well said EE. We really have no other choice. The thing about Trump winning is that the left has now exposed themselves for all those doubters to see.

The real moment of decision will come when you have to decide if the time has come to do what the founders wrote the 2nd for. They put their lives on the line to create this nation. Are we worthy?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"Yeah ...... I want a Battleship, an Aircraft Carrier, and Bombers..lots of Bombers.

Does that statement gain me admittance to the Campfire Choir?

Well, CD4570, if you are so rich you can afford to buy a battleship, an aircraft carrier, and lots of bombers, hire the sailors, pilots and crews, and all the equipment and supplies including all the ordinance to maintain same ..... I say, "Go for it!" grin

L.W.

I’m just trying to fit in.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Never ever back off of the 2nd. Not 1 inch.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Far too many people have bought in to the proposition that if you don't personally like someone else's firearms it's ok to take or ban them. I don't own a bump stock so why not allow the government to ban everyone's right to own one. It's a slippery slope that ends up getting us into terrible trouble. The argument that "it's only reasonable gun control" is bogus. THERE IS NO REASONABLE GUN CONTROL!! All roads lead to the same place and that is to disarm us all.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Well, how do you propose we can do this where the majority of States have completely ignored the 08 Hella decision?

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
We need make sure no other rights are taken away while at the same time working to restore those rights that have been taken away unconstitutionally..

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
A pretty good shot at "doing this" is to pass the Convention of States. Get some term limits on judicial appointments and congressional seats. Vote out any legislator that is not in favor of actually following the oath of office they all take. We need to band together and fight for our Second Amendment freedoms and the other amendments as well. Whether we personally like a bump stock is not an issue. What is at issue is giving up our right to own one. When one of us is diminished, all of us are diminished.

Individual states can do what they are willing to do but a strong Supreme Court that upholds the constitution as it was written will guard against rogue actions of the individual states. As it is our SC is just half assed in favor of the Second Amendment. Individual states rogue laws might stand for several years before the SC get's off their ass and rules and then it's anybody's guess where the swinging idiots on the court will land on a particular issue.

Our rights are being pecked away at one by one and we are doing nothing. In fact when we allow something like bump stock chicanery to get by unopposed we are allowing another step in abdicating our rights guaranteed by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

382 members (10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 204guy, 260Remguy, 222ND, 17CalFan, 50 invisible), 2,512 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,533
Posts18,530,989
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.